Uplifting article about John(Updated May 1)

What an ordeal John has had. :grouphug: Prayers continue to go out, and thank you for the updates. :flower3:

Thank you for the update; like everyone posting here, I was hoping for better news. I will continue to pray for John and his family.:flower3:

Continued prayers for John. I am praying Psalm 16:8 for him.

Unfortunately I have not been on the boards often, but when I get an update I try to post it right away. Here is a great update about John:

John is at home tonight and is enjoying being with his older sister and younger brother! He made a remarkable recovery within the past week: getting stronger, improving with his balance, becoming increasingly lucid, and eating soft foods. This evening over dinner John talked about getting into training again and that he intends to go outside tomorrow to walk around the block! His radiation treatments have gone very well since the last posting, (...the power of your prayers...!); he has received 8 of 16 treatments. He is scheduled to go back to the hospital on Tuesday to continue with his radiation treatments. He will also have a spinal tap performed to check on the number of leukemia cells in his spinal fluid. Miraculously, the last tap showed only 2 cells!!! This is fantastic news that indicates that the radiation treatments are already working to get rid of the leukemia, something that was not anticipated by his oncologists.
Please continue to carry John in your prayers, especially between 7:00-8:00pm. He is sustained by your love and your prayers

Can you believe it? Only 2 cells. I pray he continues to heal, and thank you, thank you to everyone who has prayed for John. :grouphug:

Wow, that is FANTASTIC :banana::banana:

Glad he is home and with his sister. I pray daily, and hope this ordeal could well be in his past :grouphug:

What great news about John. I know he is a fighter and I will continue to pray for him

To everyone who routinely checks on John's progress, here is another encouraging update:

Posted 14 hours ago
John finished his radiation treatments on Thursday, October 21. He has been doing well at home, battling the anticipated nausea and vomitting from having received so much radiation. He never complains though, (frequently saying, "I gotta do what I gotta do!), and has tried to eat to maintain his caloric minimum to keep up his strength. His physical therapy has been on-going, as he tries to re-capture his stamina and balance. We are now exploring some rehabilitation options for John, in an attempt to work on his cognitive abilities. He often talks about returning to his beloved college community, and longs for the time when this will happen. He has continued to have his spinal fluid checked weekly, and by the Grace of God, John has had no leukemia cells! He will have an cranial MRI on December 8 to check on the status of disease.
Please continue to pray for John, especially between 7:00-8:00pm. Thank you.

Thank you for your continued support. :hug:

Thanks for posting the encouraging news. Keeping him in my prayers.

What a good update. John continues to be in my prayers. He really has a great attitude and so much strength and determination.

Wishing him all the best. Sending him Isaiah 26:3

The "new" news is . . . there is nothing new. John still is holding his own so at this point that's the most his family can ask for.
Wishing everyone a healthy, happy 2011!

Thanks for the update and I am glad that there have been no new setbacks for John.

Hope things improve for him soon.

Hugs
Quasar

The "new" news is . . . there is nothing new. John still is holding his own so at this point that's the most his family can ask for.
Wishing everyone a healthy, happy 2011!

Thanks again for keeping is all informed. He is definitely someone I think of and pray for often. No news is better than bad news.

Wishing you a healthy, happy 2011 right back.:goodvibes

Thanks for the update and I am glad that there have been no new setbacks for John.

Hope things improve for him soon.

Hugs
Quasar

No setbacks, but because of all the treatments his body has taken a beaten. He has a long road ahead of him.

I am glad that John is holding his own.

Continued prayers for him.

Thank you for continuing to pray.

Thanks again for keeping is all informed. He is definitely someone I think of and pray for often. No news is better than bad news.

Wishing you a healthy, happy 2011 right back.:goodvibes

:lovestruc:lovestruc

Here is info about John updated by his mom. Unfortunately, the news is not good. I will keep everyone updated when I know more. Thank you again for your continued support through prayers.

"Please pray for John. The leukemia has returned; it is in his blood. He was admitted today and has begun intense treatment, in order to get into remission again. Please carry him in your prayers."

So sorry that you had to share news that was not the best.

I will keep John and his family in my continuing prayers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter