Upscale short getaway for 1: help me choose >>

Steve P

Mouseketeer
Looking for a July 4th weekend getaway. I am heavily weighted to the hotel pool as a priority. On or off site equally in the running. I've already been to MOWC, loved it but want something new. So far, my short list includes Hyatt Grand Cypress, possibly WL, the Royal Pacific at UO, and Gaylord, though the pool there doesnt seem to stack up to the others. I am a 45 yr old single M,
any ideas welcome :-)

Stormalong Bay at YC/BC is believed by many to be the best pool complex onsite.
I say "complex" because it really is more like a small
water park than just a pool.
They are doing upgrades now but it should be completed by July.

The Dolphin has an excellent pool. If you qualify for any of the discounts (teacher, nurse/medical, government) you can get a room there for $129/night. It has a boardwalk location which I love.

There are some great deals offsite but I don't know what the pools are like.

Katholyn

I agree that the Dolphin pool is great and the location can't be beat. It is close to Epcot, MGM and Boardwalk.

I'll throw my vote in for Stormalong Bay at YC/BC...that pool is just awesome...it way out-does any pool I've ever been to...

I would recommend the Wilderness Lodge, Yacht or Beach Club, Boardwalk or Polynesian. Have stayed at these and found them to be great.

YC/BC with Stormalong Bay are great options. I also love the AKL, and the pool at the Poly is great--Beach on one sie (can't swim in teh water) and the theme pool on the other.

Anne

I agree with most YC/BC for worlds largest sand bottom pool, WL for a more relaxing experience with even the crickets piped in at night!!! LOL!!

I'll be at BCV earlier that week, OKW relaxing during the weekend then at VWL after that. Stay in touch - maybe we could maybe we could get together for a meal or a drink while my teen and her friend ditch me!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter