Using Disney World tickets at Disneyland

Hey all. First time poster, so be gentle!
My girlfriend and I are headed to DLR for a night and a day. We have 1 day,no PH tickets.
Just found out my grandfather had some leftover tickets from a trip in '92 (when I was 5). I've called disney and they said these should be valid, provided they aren't expiration tickets (there's no expiry date on them, so I assume they are)

Ok, onto my point. The tickets are non transferable, so the first person that used the tickets is the only person that can use the tickets.
None of the tickets are signed or have any names on them, can they prove that my girlfriend didn't use ticket in'92? Surely we could just say she came with us on the trip?

Technically, I can use one as I used one when I was 5. Will they dispute this?
Would love a free extra ticket and try to check out DCA.

Sorry for the long post
Dan

For what it's worth, we were able use passes from WDW in DL this past summer with no problems--they didn't ask us to use fingerprints on the old fingerprint machine or anything to validate who was who on our tickets. They just took our old ticket media and voila took one day off (we think) of our tickets and gave us new paper tickets for one day in the park. I believe your plan will work although I don't know exactly what kind of tickets these are (1-10-day passes with days left??). I would probably not offer a lot of information--just let them know that you have tickets (that are yours) from WDW that are still valid and you would like to trade one day on them for a day at DL. There were no questions as to who was whose, or any kind of validation process to see who had originally used these. This was done through the entrance through Grand Calif. Resort. Good luck!

I can confirm that you currently CANNOT use the new RFID WDW tickets at Disneyland. I learned this lesson the hard way on July 2, 2013. Had just converted my 10 day no expire WDW paper tickets to RDIF the month before our DL trip - big mistake! As of right now, PAPER WDW tickets still work at DL. See this thread for more detailed information:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3138008

We just returned from our trip to Disneyland. We ended up not being able to find my daughter's ticket with the barcode on it (the old style). So, I called DL to see if there was anything they could do. The CM told me that I could use the new style DW tickets at DL. I didn't believe her, so I was prepared to buy my daughter a ticket.

We first went to Disneyland, and did as everyone else is saying. We went to the turnstiles, I showed them our tickets, they had us step aside and took out tickets. They returned about 5 minutes later (maybe less) with Disneyland one day park hoppers for all of us. They never said a word or batted an eye about my daughter's RFID only ticket.

We then tried it a few days later at California Adventure and had the exact same experience. No problems whatsoever using my daughter's new ticket and we were given one day hoppers. Which my daughter's took literally, and hopped from CA to DL :rotfl:

Not that I would do this - but I have some A, B, and C (there my be a d ticket, but no Es) tickets from WDW from 1976 or 77 - I am just curious what would happen if I showed up at a ticket booth I tried to use them.

The A B C D E coupons were not park admission but attraction admission coupons. If you bring them to a ticket booth they will give you a dollar amount credit toward purchase of a new ticket.

The A B C D E coupons were not park admission but attraction admission coupons. If you bring them to a ticket booth they will give you a dollar amount credit toward purchase of a new ticket.

And then I would cry because those tickets will be destroyed. :(

- Dreams

We just returned from our trip to Disneyland. We ended up not being able to find my daughter's ticket with the barcode on it (the old style). So, I called DL to see if there was anything they could do. The CM told me that I could use the new style DW tickets at DL. I didn't believe her, so I was prepared to buy my daughter a ticket.

We first went to Disneyland, and did as everyone else is saying. We went to the turnstiles, I showed them our tickets, they had us step aside and took out tickets. They returned about 5 minutes later (maybe less) with Disneyland one day park hoppers for all of us. They never said a word or batted an eye about my daughter's RFID only ticket.

We then tried it a few days later at California Adventure and had the exact same experience. No problems whatsoever using my daughter's new ticket and we were given one day hoppers. Which my daughter's took literally, and hopped from CA to DL :rotfl:

It should not be an issue, as there are still numbers printed on it, I believe. Where the issue might come is if it were only on a MagicBand. But then, you should be able to use a phone to log into MDE and show the numbers from there.

I was able to use my non-RFID WDW tickets at DL back in august. However, when I tried using them last week, the CM told me that they are no longer doing that and the policy changed a few weeks ago. I tried at both Ca Adventures and DL and got the same answer.

Is there somewhere saying the policy changed? Are they not accepting any WDW tix anymore?

Jenn

It should not be an issue, as there are still numbers printed on it, I believe. Where the issue might come is if it were only on a MagicBand. But then, you should be able to use a phone to log into MDE and show the numbers from there.

The numbers on the new tickets aren't the same as on the older tickets, but that is probably how they were able to exchange them.

I was able to use my non-RFID WDW tickets at DL back in august. However, when I tried using them last week, the CM told me that they are no longer doing that and the policy changed a few weeks ago. I tried at both Ca Adventures and DL and got the same answer.

That's too bad! We were able to use them no problem on November 5 and November 7. They must have changed it right after we left.

Is it because they are non-RFID? What if they are RFID, or are they not taking any of them no matter what? Ugh!

I have read previously that the value of them to collectors is far greater than what DL would exchange them for.

Anyone tried this recently? We are going in January and have 8 days on old paper NE tickets. We have APs at WDW so no need to use the old tickets right now.

We'll be trying it this weekend, so I'll post next week how it went. We have a bunch of unused 1 day/1 park tix from WDW (old tix - non RFID). We're going to try to convert 2 of them to 1 day/1 park tix at DL and CA for my dad this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

In the meantime, if anyone has successfully converted unused, non-RFID WDW tix (or any other WDW tix) to DL tix this month, I'd love to hear from you!

Bumping this thread because we need to know what the current policy is for our trip over Christmas week. We were counting on using WDW tickets. Is there any reliable Disney source that we could check?

Bumping this thread because we need to know what the current policy is for our trip over Christmas week. We were counting on using WDW tickets. Is there any reliable Disney source that we could check?

My understanding (which could be incorrect) is that it is not an "official documented policy" that the WDW tickets are accepted, but moreso a courtesy that DLR has been extending to guests with the non-expiring WDW tickets. For this reason, I doubt you will find an official Disney source that will confirm the current accepting (or not) of these tickets. Additionally, they would probably state that it could change at any time. Just my guess, for whatever it's worth.

- Dreams

Jennifer (Thunderbird1) is planning to try it this weekend and report back. Hopefully that will give us a very recent data point.

Tried using our WDW Park Hoppers at DL last Wednesday, and no go. The supervisor told us it was a recent thing...not accepting the WDW tickets.

Tried using our WDW Park Hoppers at DL last Wednesday, and no go. The supervisor told us it was a recent thing...not accepting the WDW tickets.

What type of WDW tickets did you have - the old paper Tyvek style or the new plastic RFID style?

Based on personal experience, in July 2013 DL would not accept the new RFID WDW tickets. They would only accept the old paper Tyvek style tickets. My experience was confirmed by Upper Management in DL and by the Disboards WDW ticket expert Cheshire Figment.

There have been conflicting reports since November 2013.

So I guess we are waiting to see if:
A) DL will accept the old paper Tyvek style WDW tickets only
B) DL will accept the new RFID WDW tickets only
C) DL will not accept any WDW tickets

The tickets that I tried to use around Thanksgiving time that were rejected were the old style, non-RFID tickets.

It looks as though the policy allowing the use of WDW tickets at Disneyland has ended - just before we come out to California for a 4-day visit. We have in and purchased tickets - that added an extra $1000 for the 4 of us. Really bad timing for the policy change!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter