Using Disney World tickets at Disneyland

Well this stinks, but I can't say I'm surprised. When WDW went to RFID tickets it made the whole DL/WDW transaction undoable for some people. I'm sure they had some pretty upset guests on their hands when they couldn't use the RFID tickets like they had used the Tyvek tickets. Rats!

Sorry to be the (belated) bearer of bad news, but we were denied. We had one Tyvek ticket, and one WDW room key with a one day ticket on it, and were unable to use either one. The CM at the gate seemed to know what she was talking about, and said that while they used to accept WDW tickets, the powers that be put a stop to it about a month ago (sometime in November, 2013). She said she could go get a manager, but he or she would just tell us the same thing.

We had prepared for this contingency by buying a gift card to pay for my dad's 2 day, 1 park tickets (our family has AP's). We just had to go over to the ticket window and buy them before going into the park. It was disappointing, but we didn't let it put a damper on our trip. We had a wonderful time, and will just save those tickets for our next trip to WDW.

Sorry everyone!

Sorry to be the (belated) bearer of bad news, but we were denied. We had one Tyvek ticket, and one WDW room key with a one day ticket on it, and were unable to use either one. The CM at the gate seemed to know what she was talking about, and said that while they used to accept WDW tickets, the powers that be put a stop to it about a month ago (sometime in November, 2013). She said she could go get a manager, but he or she would just tell us the same thing.

We had prepared for this contingency by buying a gift card to pay for my dad's 2 day, 1 park tickets (our family has AP's). We just had to go over to the ticket window and buy them before going into the park. It was disappointing, but we didn't let it put a damper on our trip. We had a wonderful time, and will just save those tickets for our next trip to WDW.

Sorry everyone!

What a great attitude!!!

We must have got in just before they changed the policy! We went the first week of November and used our new WDW RFID tickets with no problems. It would have been disapointing to have to buy tickets, but we were prepared to do it if we had to.

Incredibly disappointed to hear they aren't accepting WDW tix anymore. We got to use ours one last time during the Halloween Party back in October. This will really reduce the amount of trips to Disneyland for us since it will cost more than double to by 1-day park hoppers vs. using WDW 10-day non-expiring hoppers.

I think it is safe to say that this is simply another measure to increase profits and reduce costs to pay the debacle that Magic bands have turned into. Bottom line is Disney thought they would make money from the magic bands and are now realizing that this won't happen and will instead cost more money than they ever thought.

I think it is safe to say that this is simply another measure to increase profits and reduce costs to pay the debacle that Magic bands have turned into. Bottom line is Disney thought they would make money from the magic bands and are now realizing that this won't happen and will instead cost more money than they ever thought.

I was thinking the same thing.

Here's a link to the Disneyland feedback form if anyone is interested in asking them to reconsider their policies on accepting WDW tickets at DL:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/email/

Disappointing Indeed! We were able to leverage our no expiration points on three separate trips. Sadly it's all about the ability to show profits by division and year. No expiration tickets are gone too. It makes sense, I purchased a 10-day WDW no expiration ticket and have been using it since 2007. Win for me, not so much for Disney's P&L. Although, I argue they make plenty of money from me while we are there.

One would think they could standardize admission tickets across the parks.

No expiration tickets are gone too. It makes sense, I purchased a 10-day WDW no expiration ticket and have been using it since 2007. Win for me, not so much for Disney's P&L. Although, I argue they make plenty of money from me while we are there.

Not sure if you were referencing NE tickets being gone from DLR or WDW, but they are still available at WDW. They just don't list them on their website and lots of folks assume that means they are not available.

Not sure if you were referencing NE tickets being gone from DLR or WDW, but they are still available at WDW. They just don't list them on their website and lots of folks assume that means they are not available.

I am certainly one who has made that assumption and had read blogs stating the same. That's for the clarification. I did notice NE tickets were still available from Undercover Tourist and few other third party sellers. Still bummed because we tend to alternate trips between WDW and DLR. Will have to figure out another way to save on tickets!

I am certainly one who has made that assumption and had read blogs stating the same. That's for the clarification. I did notice NE tickets were still available from Undercover Tourist and few other third party sellers. Still bummed because we tend to alternate trips between WDW and DLR. Will have to figure out another way to save on tickets!

There were TONS of questions about this over the past year or so on the WDW board. The regular ticketing CMs that post there have confirmed that all they did was take them off the website.

The reason I have been watching threads like this has been in case I decide to do the same as you and purchase some WDW tickets for use at DLR.

Thanks again. I was about to panic buy 4 10-day NE tickets with my bonus this year because I thought 1) they are going the the way of the dodo and 2) I could use them at DLR. So on the plus side there is no rush to buy the NE tickets, really bummed about DLR!:headache:

On our last trip I did buy one day's worth of tickets form Way.com and thought they had some nice discounts versus buying direct from DLR.

Thanks again. I was about to panic buy 4 10-day NE tickets with my bonus this year because I thought 1) they are going the the way of the dodo and 2) I could use them at DLR. So on the plus side there is no rush to buy the NE tickets, really bummed about DLR!:headache:

On our last trip I did buy one day's worth of tickets form Way.com and thought they had some nice discounts versus buying direct from DLR.

That's not to say of course that they won't go the way of the dodo tomorrow. But today they are still available and there has been no announcement of them being discontinued. I'd probably wait and see the new ticket lineup when price increases are announced (never much notice, but has been in early June the last couple of years). If it appears they are going away for real, I'd order some up from UT at that point.

When we planned this trip we were told we could use our NE 10 day PH from WDW at DLR. Now we can't?!? That's an extra $1600 for our family of 5 that was not in the budget! I'm freaking out!! :scared:

You might be pleasantly surprised, my friend was able to use her RFID ticket. It just seems to depend on who is where at what time. I think the bigger issue is that it makes it super hard to plan. I went thinking I could use my tickets (years ago) and was denied. I had prepared myself because it was so uncommon but at that point I'm not sure I knew of anyone not being able to use theirs.

That's great news to hear. We have two NE tickets with 8 days on them still for the kids to use. Holding off on our 10day NE tickets still though.

Hopefully some additional folk will confirm this pearl to continue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter