• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Using UK Disabled Parking Badge

moderators, you should update this sticky....
there is NO NEED for Brits (or anyone else) to apply for a special temporary permit.
The regular UK Blue badge is acceptable everywhere in the United States.

This post just makes people really nervous about their trip.
It should be updated with the newest information that the temporary tag is not necessary. That the regular UK blue badge is good and where it should be in the car (hanging from the rear view mirror if possible).

Quite. I don't understand why this thread has gone on so long. I and several others having investigated, have said that the UK blue badge is perfectly acceptable and have used it on numerous trips. There is NO NEED to go to the expense and wasting valuable time during your holiday to acquire a temporary badge.

Whats the parking laws regarding this at the moment jan 2011 anyone?? do you have to go to get a temporay permit and pay more money seeems to be spending more and more on this holiday:confused:

thanks mandylou xx

Whats the parking laws regarding this at the moment jan 2011 anyone?? do you have to go to get a temporay permit and pay more money seeems to be spending more and more on this holiday:confused:

thanks mandylou xx

no you don't need a temp permit if you have a blue UK disabled parking badge that is all you need.
you should hang it from your rear view mirror if you can. Otherwise, you can put it in the front window of your car.

There really is no difficulty in hanging your blue badge from your rear view mirror. I bought some small crocodile clips joined them with elastic before clipping them to the top corners of my badge. Hey presto. Hook it over the mirror and you're all set.

Tony:thumbsup2

Hi, can anyone advise situation for permit holder from Australia and most upto date info.

Is there a website to check for info or a contact email address

Thanks

Stuart

There's a lot of misinformation in this thread saying you can use your UK badge in Florida but that is not the case!

The current situation is that while SOME states do accept the UK Blue Badge, Florida is NOT one of them. In order to use disabled parking in Florida you MUST apply for a temporary disabled parking permit or risk a maximum fine. You can apply for this permit in person at the local tax office in Florida, or you can apply ahead of time and they will mail it to you. The process is very straightforward (I will include a copy of their email below with the current information). All I did was copy and email the appropriate documentation (minus payment information). Once they received it they sent an email to confirm that included a phone number to call with my credit card info. The next day I got a confirmation email that it had all gone through and which included helpful links, and a week later my permit arrived, so I can start my trip being able to use it.

I hope this information is helpful. I was so relieved to find out I didn't have to waste time going in person, though it's my understanding it's fairly quick and you do leave with your permit in hand.

Here is the email I received from them when I first contacted them with all the information you need.

"Hello

Please be advised that all correspondence should be directed toTaxCollectorTPL@osceola.org. We look forward to assisting you in obtaining a temporary parking permit. If you are unable to reach us or do not receive a response within 24 hours, please email webinfo@osceola.org or call our Main Office at (407) 742-4000.

You may apply for a temporary disabled parking permit through our office if you will be visiting our state from another country. To receive the disabled parking permit by mail before your trip, please provide the following for the disabled individual:

·A copy of your valid parking placard/badge (front and back)

·A copy of your valid passport including the picture and biography page (not the visa)

·Your out of country mailing address including any postal code if applicable

·The temporary address you will use while staying in Florida (If available. If not, we can still process without it)

·The date of your arrival and departure

• $15.00 in US Funds -- Money order, check, or debit/credit card (American Express, Discover, VISA or MasterCard) is acceptable. There is a 2.5 % service fee if using credit or debit card. (If you wish to mail a check or money order, please make payable to Patsy Heffner, CFC. Checks drawn on foreign banks need to have imprinted on check that they are payable in US FUNDS or they are not acceptable)

:** Please apply no sooner than five to six weeks before the travel date to ensure the placard will remain valid for the duration of the stay.*** Please do not email your credit card details as email correspondence is public record.

The above information may be mailed to:

Patsy Heffner Tax Collector

1300 9th St. – Suite 101B

St. Cloud, FL 34769

If you prefer, you may e-mail TaxCollectorTPL@osceola.org with the documents as scanned attachments. Otherwise, you may fax the information to at 407-892-8076. Please include an email address if you fax or post the documents/request so that we can send a confirmation when processed. We will email a confirmation that all documents have been received and are acceptable. Once you receive the confirmation email, you will need to contact our office to have your payment processed over the telephone .

We are unable to accept payment information more than 45 days in advance.

*If you prefer you may visit our office as a walk-in customer to process you Disabled Permit."

There's a lot of misinformation in this thread saying you can use your UK badge in Florida but that is not the case!

I suspect the information was correct at the time of posting. You have revived a thread from 2007.

Yes and no. Some of the posts on this specific page stating the UK badges are accepted were actually from 2011 and the requirement for a Florida permit has been in place since 2009, so it was even incorrect for its time.

I actually found this thread because it's linked on the FYI page for disabilities in the parking section, so as its linked to give people information it seemed appropriate to update it with current information, especially as some of that info was incorrect even on the date it was posted.

I suspect the information was correct at the time of posting. You have revived a thread from 2007.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter