Using UK Disabled Parking Badge

We went to S Orange Blossom trail office today - quite long lines. Wish we had stayed for our first appointment rather than rushing back after 45 minutes to an abortive meeting to sign DVC papers. Had to wait well over an hour the second time. Suspect not alloffices are as busy but taking advantage of advance offering seems like a good idea.

Many thanks for your input, Mikki. And good to see you at Animal Kingdom last week! :thumbsup2

OK, here's another up-date. After hearing that some people were being told by Disney that it WAS still OK to park in their car parks with the UK blue disabled badge, we checked this with Disney management again, and got a (slightly) different answer to last year :rolleyes:

Here's what they now say:

Your initial information about guests needing to apply for Florida's temporary disabled parking placard is accurate. With that said, as I am sure you are aware, Disney theme parks have large disability parking areas in their main lots, not just individual parking spaces marked with a disability parking sign. To provide guest service, if a guest from the UK presented their blue UK disabled parking badge at these theme parks lots, they would be admitted. Hope that helps.

My F-I-L applied for the placard in February via e-mail. He was sent one, valid for 3 months only. When he queried why it wasn't being issued for 6 months, they told him that they had changed their procedures but that he could apply for a second placard in the same year, after the current one had expired. He re-applied via e-mail and was sent a new placard, again valid for three months.

We got a pass applied via the mail, its for three months only, but for only £8.54 its worth it to have the appropriate document to display for our hols. The office could not have been more helpful (and quick!) in responding to emails, thumbs up to them!

I applied for my pass at the begining of May by snail mail, but I had not heard anything. However today I phoned the Tag office, where the staff were wonderful. They told me that the tag was due to be sent to me next week. But seeing that I had phoned them today, They would put it into tonights post, so all being well, I should have it in the next few days.
Thanks for all the info.

We've just had another communication from the Osceola County tax office, which asks us to clarify a couple of points of info, as follows:

Dear Mr. Veness:

Thank you so much for continuing to work with our office to ensure UK travelers are properly informed concerning the issuance of temporary Florida parking placards. I have reviewed your website and would like to offer a few suggestions to make the application process easier:

*Including an e-mail address with all correspondence would greatly assist our office if we should need to contact the customer.

*All parking placards are issued for 90 days. Please advise applicants to apply no sooner than five to six weeks before the travel date to ensure the placard will remain valid for the duration of the stay.

*Applicants may pay by cashier's check in US funds, money order in US funds, or by credit card. If the applicant chooses to pay by credit card they must include the credit card details in the correspondence to our office or they must call us with the information. Unfortunately, our office cannot make an international phone call to the customer to obtain the credit card details.

Again I thank you for all you have done to clarify this issue for many of our visitors. Please contact me if I may be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Evonne Bronson, CFCA
Osceola County Tax Collector's Office
Customer Service Representative

OK, here's another up-date. After hearing that some people were being told by Disney that it WAS still OK to park in their car parks with the UK blue disabled badge, we checked this with Disney management again, and got a (slightly) different answer to last year :rolleyes:

Here's what they now say:

that's great to hear! thanks.

also Simon, do you know whether Florida accepts disability tags from other states (e.g. Michigan)?

when my mom meets us at disney, she brings her michigan disability tag with her...

We picked up the red Disabled tag from the Osceola Tax office, after finding it easily (thanks to this thread).
We then went straight in to see someone. (There were, I think, thirty-six desks dealing with various issues).
The tag was then hung on our car's rear-view mirror when necessary, and proved to be invaluable!
Thanks again to all who've given advice on this issue.
Steve. :)

do you know whether Florida accepts disability tags from other states (e.g. Michigan)?

Yes, all US states will happily accept disabled driver's tags from other states as there is full reciprocity between all 50.

Yes, all US states will happily accept disabled driver's tags from other states as there is full reciprocity between all 50.

thanks so much for the response!!

i haven't taken my mom (who lives in michigan) to WDW for 3 years, but she'll be with me in May - i wanted to make sure her tag is still good there (otherwise i have to drop her off and then park in the regular area - not the best solution)...

Just to let you all know we've just got back from two brilliant weeks in Orlando and used the UK Blue Badge with no problem. We did make a cover for it so it could hang from the mirror OK and it wasn't questioned at Universal Studios, Disney or Kennedy Space Center.

:)
Hi i thought our blue badge was not able to be used now and we needed to get a tempory US disabled badge.:yay:

Sylvy

A few years ago we did get the red temp badge from the tax office but not done so last year or this either. Had no trouble parking at Disney or anywhere but did have to hang it from the rear view mirror. I think the official line is you should have the temp tag but we didn't. We did have the address and directions though for the tax office just in case we did have a problem.

Is it easy to make an online application (we go in December) - and can anyone provide a link?

We have used the UK blue badge fine when I have been with my parents for the past few years we have never been questioned.

Thought others might be interested in this email we received just this morning. (We had a permit last December, and applied by post for another one for this November.)

Here is the email:-

Good morning,

We received your request for your temporary parking permit. It's going to get processed today and mail out tomorrow. There is no fee for your parking permit since you are allow two parking permit within a year.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at .................

Have a good day.

....................., C.F.C.A.

Osceola County Tax Collector's Office

Tag & Driver License Trainer

(407) 742-4000

That is superb service, and a good deal too!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Interesting, we had one in June last year and another in March this year, I had read that you could have a second one FOC within 12 months and emailed to ask about this but we were told we would have to pay again, which we did. I know it's only $15 plus postage but feeling slightly hard done by now as I know others have also had it FOC :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter