V&A Jitters!

Victoria & Albert’s is an intimate, upscale dining experience. Guests are expected to dress accordingly in semi-formal/formal attire that respects the restaurant’s elegant and opulent aesthetic. While dress jackets are no longer required, we do require long-sleeved, collared shirts.
That’s so sad that once again they uphold LCD thunk. Bad enough in the schools.

If I am paying a half-large for my dinner, I'm wearing a suit. Maybe two at once.

I've never eaten at V&A, but I've done some starred restaurants in my time (including minibar in DC twice). The staffs at these places will ensure you are relaxed, comfortable, and extremely well-taken care of without making you feel self-conscious a single time. Think of them as partners in your experience.

Heading to VGF in September, and debating V&A or Narcoossees for my wife's birthday. Not based on quality/experience, but rather bringing a suit and spending $150 pp vice $500.

Have a great time...you deserve this.

Last edited:
DW and I are heading to V&A's this month for our anniversary celebration. We've eaten here several times, and am confident you'll find the experience simply amazing.

1. Dress code: Husband is planning to wear a suit. I have a variety of short dresses (knee length) that I think would work well, but the only long dress I have is a bridesmaid dress. And my wedding dress, I guess! Would a short dress be out of place?
You'll both be fine with this.

2. Menu: I think the QVR uses the 10 course menu only- is that correct? (I saw one report that says the menus between the two dining rooms were the same, but that seemed to be the aberration.)
Yes.

3. Drinks: If we don’t want the wine pairing or the no proof pairing… what are the options? We do drink, but my husband doesn’t drink wine, and I think the pairing would be too much for me. We’d honestly probably be happy with just water.
There is a full bar with just about any drink you want; additionally you can drink tap or bottled water.

4. Ambience: I’m feeling a little intimidated by the QVR being, like, 4 couples a night. Anyone have some comparisons between the two dining rooms? Can we still hear the harp music? Should I try to switch if that option pops up?
It's lovely, genuinely. The waitstaff will ensure that you are comfortable and enjoying yourselves. The "large" dining room is not very large; we find it intimate as well - you're not overhearing your neighbors and tables are spaced correctly. Out of the tree rooms, we enjoyed QVR the most and the chef's table the least.

5. Length: How long is it really? Someone says 3 hours, another 4, another 5…
Plan for 4 hours. Could easily be longer.

6. Getting there: I heard valet is included with this- is that true? We do plan on driving.
Can't answer this.

Anything else I should know?
Enjoy the night as it's quite special. Not only is the food spectacular, the ambiance is second to none. My only gripe with the place is the location of the restrooms - you have to physically leave the restaurant to use the bathroom (which is shared with Citrico's). Oh, and if you start with a cocktail prior to dinner as you're seated, they tend to be strong...

Anything else I should know?
Enjoy the night as it's quite special. Not only is the food spectacular, the ambiance is second to none. My only gripe with the place is the location of the restrooms - you have to physically leave the restaurant to use the bathroom (which is shared with Citrico's). Oh, and if you start with a cocktail prior to dinner as you're seated, they tend to be strong...
Just had to comment, when we were there in September, there was a restroom dedicated to v&a, down a little hallway inside the main entrance. It was quite lovely and had the only 2 ply tp I've ever seen at disney world!

Just had to comment, when we were there in September, there was a restroom dedicated to v&a, down a little hallway inside the main entrance. It was quite lovely and had the only 2 ply tp I've ever seen at disney world!
Glad to read this! Thanks!

Great to hear you're looking forward to it. We had an amazing time there.

My answer to some of your questions:

1. I wore a 50s style dress that was slightly below the knee. It wasn't a cocktail dress or ballgown but I felt nice in it. My husband wore a nice shirt and a jacket, but it wasn't his smartest 'wedding' suit. We weren't over or under dressed.

3. When we asked for water they asked if we'd like to see the water menu. I felt a bit nervous and said no thank you. I wouldn't have ordered from it but I wish I'd taken a picture of it! If they still have one, please let me know what it's like. :-)

4. We have only been in the QV room so I can't compare it. The ambience was lovely! It was peaceful and relaxing. At one point I started chatting and laughing with the person serving us and the table next to us joined in so we all ended up having a bit of fun together. It was a great atmosphere.

Anything else? The one thing that surprised me was that despite the price there were still some quite expensive add-ons to the menu. There was one we really wanted to try so we shared it. The coffee was also a real experience, and I now have the same coffee maker, but that was 6 years ago so they might not do it any more!

By the way, I received an email from V&A with some info, so thought I'd pass it on!

*Please review our dietary guidelines, menu pricing, dress policy, and cancellation policy below. *

We need to confirm final details for your experience.

-Guest names: including proper titles and any married couples in the party

- Any allergies or dietary restrictions

-Any special celebrations

-If you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort, please provide the resort and check in date.

-If this is your first time dining with us.

Dietary Needs: As part of the impeccable, personalized service of Victoria & Albert’s , our chef tries to accommodate special dietary requests. However, due to the nature of our experience, some menu components may not be able to be adjusted based on preferences. Please call (407) WDW-DVNA or (407) 939-3862 to discuss your dietary needs and preferences. Our chef requires a minimum 24 hours’ notice.

Dress Code:

Victoria & Albert’s is an intimate, upscale dining experience. Guests are expected to dress accordingly in semi-formal/formal attire that respects the restaurant’s elegant and opulent aesthetic. We highly recommend either a dress jacket or a long-sleeved collared shirt with dress slacks. Additionally, dresses may be worn or dress pants with a nice blouse.

No jeans, t-shirts, shorts, capris, flip flops, sneakers, or casual wear please.

Pricing:

Our Queen Victoria Room serves a Chef’s Degustation Menu containing 9 Courses. ($375 per guest with an optional accompanying wine pairing at $210 per guest). All prices are exclusive of tax and gratuity and subject to change.

You may check-in for your reservation with our restaurant staff beginning 10 minutes prior to your reservation time.

Please reply to this email or call our office to confirm this reservation and advise if the information above is correct and complete. Our direct phone number is 407-939-3862 and our office is open from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. EST , Tuesday through Saturday.

Our cancellation policy requires a 5-day notice to avoid a $100.00 per guest cancellation fee. Cancellations occurring less than 24 hours from the reservation date or those who do not attend their reservation will be charged full menu price per guest.

Thank you and have a Wonderful Day!

Great to hear you're looking forward to it. We had an amazing time there.

My answer to some of your questions:

1. I wore a 50s style dress that was slightly below the knee. It wasn't a cocktail dress or ballgown but I felt nice in it. My husband wore a nice shirt and a jacket, but it wasn't his smartest 'wedding' suit. We weren't over or under dressed.

3. When we asked for water they asked if we'd like to see the water menu. I felt a bit nervous and said no thank you. I wouldn't have ordered from it but I wish I'd taken a picture of it! If they still have one, please let me know what it's like. :-)

4. We have only been in the QV room so I can't compare it. The ambience was lovely! It was peaceful and relaxing. At one point I started chatting and laughing with the person serving us and the table next to us joined in so we all ended up having a bit of fun together. It was a great atmosphere.

Anything else? The one thing that surprised me was that despite the price there were still some quite expensive add-ons to the menu. There was one we really wanted to try so we shared it. The coffee was also a real experience, and I now have the same coffee maker, but that was 6 years ago so they might not do it any more!
The water menu is on an Ipad and you choose the location for where the water is from and it brings up a list from that country.

Yep, they still use a siphon coffee maker.

So we're going to V&A in a week - should I be nervous that they haven't contacted me yet?

They called before we could respond to the email. Beware - it came as Spam Risk, but I saw the 407 area code so I answered.

Question - do they keep the restaurant on the cool side because people are wearing somewhat warmer clothing?

Disney's use of the term 'semi-formal' at one of their restaurants would not be the same thing as using that term on something like a wedding invitation. Clearly they don't want you to wear a swimsuit or tanktop, but more upscale casual clothes should be fine.

Question - do they keep the restaurant on the cool side because people are wearing somewhat warmer clothing
IIRC, the QVR is definitely kept on the cooler side because a lot of men wear jackets. I always take a shawl or something though after a few glasses of wine, I generally find that I don't need it. But I like to have it in case.

What is the no-proof pairing? I haven't heard of that option. I just got a replacement liver, so obviously no alcohol for the rest of my life.

While I don't mind just drinking water with my meals now, a non-water, no-proof option might be of interest.

What is the no-proof pairing? I haven't heard of that option. I just got a replacement liver, so obviously no alcohol for the rest of my life.

While I don't mind just drinking water with my meals now, a non-water, no-proof option might be of interest.
it’s a drink with every course. I’m not really sure how to describe it from when we did it. A few were really good, 1-2 weren’t favorites. All of it was something you probably aren’t regularly trying at home.

Hope you received all the answers you were looking for! Just a quick question for repeat diners so a new thread doesn't need to be made. If you went to V&A before, say a year ago, will they end up serving you the same food as last time or do they remember what you ate before hand.?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter