Value resort not so much of a value...

Book what you can afford without A discount or what you are willing to pay. Then if a discount comes out, see if you can apply to your reservation or if there is something you prefer more.

So even if Pop is included in discounts, having a room already booked there doesn’t mean you would be able to apply it anyway.
Yup. I agree. I booked what I did bc I knew we could afford that amount, and if discounts come out we may switch resorts or just try to apply the discount. Normally I’m one of those people cautioning others against booking hotels for expected free dining periods in the hopes of free dining becoming available, for exactly the reasons you mentioned. Having the hotel booked doesn’t guarantee you will get any discount that might come out later and in fact it may make it less likely Disney decides to discount at that time at all, if enough people book “in hopes of a discount” and Disney sees demand already is adequate without offering discounts.

In this case bc of galaxys edge crowds and inflexible trip dates for us, I wanted to make sure we had something locked in that fits the budget. Glad we know we can be onsite & I know I’ll like the room renovations at the resort.

The tough thing for us is from now on we need 2 hotel rooms (3 teen sons, so the smaller Murphy bed available in some hotel rooms doesn’t work anymore) at most resorts or a deluxe that fits 5 but they’re too pricey at rack rates. We had usually done moderates or an art of animation family suite... So, the cost of trips has really gone up for us regardless of Disney’s price hikes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter