VDH Opening

That's my understanding.
So I guess now we just need an absolute confirmation of the numbers. I saw posts on another thread that was expecting more like $0.60 per point. That would be reasonable. These high $2 numbers are an absolute show stopper.

Frankly that's a huge portion of the cost to stay off-site for basically the amount that would be.

Makes RR a great deal in comparison ( had to do this , could not resist)
The surprisingly high intro. price suggests to me that DVC thinks DLH will sell at a faster clip than Riv. or VGF2 have sold at.
It’ll be interesting to watch - the DLH tower has an ok location, but most of the villas don’t have balconies & having to pay for parking :( it’s $35 a night right now for parking & nothing to stop that from going higher & higher + the high MFs & the TOT. Of course, unlike the swamp, there really isn’t space to build additional DVC rooms in Anaheim so right now & probably for the foreseeable future DLH is really the only on-site DL/CA direct DVC option.

Hi. If we are a resale owner, do we still get the may 2 date, we did get an email. does anyone know the minimum purchase of points. And what does restricted mean, is as I recall if we sold the new buyer could not go to any location, is that correct?
Historically resale owners have always been included in presales. I think it’s to Disney’s benefit to do this so I don’t think that will ever change.

Hi. If we are a resale owner, do we still get the may 2 date, we did get an email. does anyone know the minimum purchase of points. And what does restricted mean, is as I recall if we sold the new buyer could not go to any location, is that correct?
Regardless of how you acquired your current points (resale or direct), DVC considers you to be a member for purposes of purchasing additional points. You will be able to add on at VDH at the same time as everyone else. As to your second question: yes, if you were to purchase VDH points directly from Disney, those points could be used at ALL existing (and future) resorts. If you were to sell those points, they could only be used by the new owner at VDH.

So I guess now we just need an absolute confirmation of the numbers. I saw posts on another thread that was expecting more like $0.60 per point. That would be reasonable. These high $2 numbers are an absolute show stopper.

Frankly that's a huge portion of the cost to stay off-site for basically the amount that would be.
Yup. Published numbers would be great. I'm just repeating what my guide told me. I trust him more than an expected number posted in a thread. But it totally sucks, especially with all the hotels near DL.

Well; this was a real dumper coming home to see this. Price $230/pp MF $9.06; AND $2 transient tax? That puts per point per year $15-16 pp. With the point chart posted, that's getting probably at best a 20% discount, which runs quite often for DH. --- what's the hook?

Nope. Was going to be in if $217 plus incentives to get that Blue card status for lounges and MM. But not at that level.

VGC MF is only 7.46. Even costly AUL is 8.67.

Unless incentives come in hot for 150-200pt; going to keep VGC and our other points for 7month hunts.

Yup. Published numbers would be great. I'm just repeating what my guide told me. I trust him more than an expected number posted in a thread. But it totally sucks, especially with all the hotels near DL.
At this point, there have been numerous owners who've spoken to guides and been told the exact same thing. I think at this point, it's solid info.

OK I want to make sure I understand this clearly. Using the 2024 number of $2.82 per point, does this mean that for simplicity if I did a 100 point stay that I would have a charge of $282 for my stay
Yes that would be correct, that $282 is the taxes for their value of the points used in the booking

Wow, this is painful to see. Definitely rules us out. Would have liked to add on the after seeing Tim’s post about the possible park expansions. In 5 years May be kicking ourselves, but no way we are buying with the info coming in.

OK I want to make sure I understand this clearly. Using the 2024 number of $2.82 per point, does this mean that for simplicity if I did a 100 point stay that I would have a charge of $282 for my stay?
I never wanted DVC - because I traveled enough for work and I got Bonvoy points - but to stay for "free" at Swan - it is currently $315 in "resort fees" fees for the week not including parking.- So this is in line with other resorts. The "resort fee" is just their way of passing on the Florida tax. Lucky for us Florida has a law that exempts timeshares from the 6% tax.

How big an incentive on say 150 points would move the needle back to thinking/buying?

That extra tot not included in the dues is the biggest killer to me, that’s nuts.

How big an incentive on say 150 points would move the needle back to thinking/buying?

That extra tot not included in the dues is the biggest killer to me, that’s nuts.
The buy in is about 4.60 a point for the 7,500 point contract - that will be nothing towards the total cost with nearly $12 a point in fees not including parking.

So discounts won't really help.

So comparing the point charts to VGC on studio standards -- There are periods same or even HIGHER at VDH:

No go dates:
April 7-30
Jun 1-30
Sep 16-Nov 25

Sweet spot of 5+ points cheap
Jan 1-6 --very nice
Jan 7-31 (weekend)
Mar 15-23 (weekend)
Aug 16-31 -- very nice

--Any confirmation that only Blue and pre-2021 can book at VDH a la RIV restrictions?

My original guess seems more likely now.

DH will sell to
1. Local diehards ( who just want a slice of their happy place)
2. Investors who will rent points and are happy to pass the tax and parking to the renter.
Are you serious. Disneyland is a massive destination for the west. Washington NorCal Oregon Hawaii arizona Vegas Colorado. There are virtually no options now. Vgc membership is very limited. This will sell out by July 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter