VDH Opening

That is something I have pointed out before. If they make these rooms so much more than the regular hotel, I feel like it will diminish the product of DLH rooms. They are bigger and can sleep more than the VHD studio. It is just the newness factor they are charging for
I don't think anything can be read into whatever opening day cash rates Disney has set for the new tower. Heck, cash room rates at all 3 DLR resorts practically vary by hour and can fluctuate several hundred dollars within the span of just a few days. Plus, DLH has, what, nearly 1,000 standard rooms with varying views, versus a hundred or so DVC studios?

Last edited:
I don't think anything can be read into whatever opening day cash rates Disney has set for the new tower. Heck, cash room rates at all 3 DLR resorts practically vary by hour and can fluctuate several hundred dollars within the span of just a few days.
Completely agree. I only posted Oct 15 and Nov 7-9 comparisons for that reason.

Looks like VDH Standard has a rack rate similar to DLH Premium View on Oct 15, which isn't that much of a newness premium. And a deluxe studio will work better than a DLH hotel room for a lot of groups.

As for suites vs. villas on Nov 7-9, it seems to follow a WDW pattern (a studio rack rate that day would be awesome for comparison), with a big gap between 1BR and 2BR villas vs. suites having a small gap.

Grand Villas are unique in that they're really big, 3 bedrooms, but don't have the over-the-top theming of the DLH themed suites or the GCH named suites. And they kind of land in the middle in terms of pricing.

Hotel-side at Grand Cali and Disneyland Hotel or comparison:

Oct 15:
GCH Standard view hotel room: $981.63
GCH 1 Bedroom suite: $2314.26
GCH 2 Bedroom suite: $2747.16
GCH 3 Bedroom suite: $3279.51
GCH Arroyo suite: $7809.75

DLH Standard view hotel room: $767.52
DLH Deluxe view hotel room: $829.53
DLH Premium view hotel room: $871.65
DLH Premium DTD view hotel room: $921.96

Nov 7 - 9:
DLH 1 Bedroom Family suite: $2571.66
DLH 2 Bedroom Family suite: $3168.36
DLH Pirate 2BR suite: $10630.62
DLH Mickey Mouse 2BR suite: $10630.62

GCH 1 Bedroom suite: $3992.04
GCH 2 Bedroom suite: $4881.24
GCH Arcadia 2BR suite: $13,684.32
Sorry for the dumb question but the Nov 7-9 pricing list is daily right?
So $4000 a night for a 1br suite at GCH?

That is something I have pointed out before. If they make these rooms so much more than the regular hotel, I feel like it will diminish the product of DLH rooms. They are bigger and can sleep more than the VHD studio. It is just the newness factor they are charging for

I'm wondering about this as well. When I see these comparisons...
Standard studio $872.82

In what ways are these rooms different? The studio villa has a kitchenette. But no daily housekeeping. Are those the only differences?

Ok here are all the prices I got (all including tax), super nice CM and we were laughing and crying together at these prices:

Duo studio
$655.20 on sep 28
$551 on oct 15

Standard studio
$872.82 on oct 15

1 bedroom preferred view (not showing her an option for standard view)
$2812.68 for two nights 11/7-11/9

2 bedroom preferred view (not showing her an option for standard view)
$4090.32 for two nights 11/7-11/9

Grand villa
$9376.38 for two nights 11/7-9 (not showing her an option for standard view)

Cancellation policy still like normal rooms, 5 days before check-in
Are these dvc discount prices? Do those exist? Tee hee.

On the phone with them now. Pricing below is for 2 adults and 1 infant. I compared the pricing to Riviera cash bookings and as you can see it’s not too far off, but it is more expensive.

September 28
VDH - Deluxe Studio Standard View - $872.82
RR Deluxe Studio Preferred View - $824.63

September 29
VDH 1 Bedroom Preferred View - $1,641.51
RR 1 Bedroom Preferred View - $1,157.63

September 30
VDH 2 Bedroom Villa Preferred View - $2,387.97
RR 2 Bedroom Villa Preferred View - $2,139.75

I'm wondering about this as well. When I see these comparisons...
Standard studio $872.82

In what ways are these rooms different? The studio villa has a kitchenette. But no daily housekeeping. Are those the only differences?
One is also much more nicely decorated. And it's the cheaper one.

Wow this phone call is like pulling teeth.

I got a rep immediately at 6am but finally am getting prices about 10 min ago around 740am. Half of what I'm asking for the rep is saying it isn't available.

Here's what I got:

Oct 8-10 1BR "Superior" @ $4924 (yikes)
Dec 1-3 Studio @ 2310 (No 1BR Avail apparently)
Dec 8-10 Studio @ 3110 (No 1BR Avail apparently)

I don't know how all those 1BRs were already booked by now but whatever. Rep seems to be having problems and I'm on hold again.

Prob just gonna give up at this point. This experience is awful and the prices are nuts.

Gotta love how 5,000 people all jump on the phone at the exact same time, then spend and hour and a half complaining that there is a long wait. 😉
But Disney should have known exactly this was going to happen. One way to minimize issues would be a release of prices on the website so people wouldn't have to call and ask for the info before deciding.

Gotta love how 5,000 people all jump on the phone at the exact same time, then spend and hour and a half complaining that there is a long wait. 😉

Wait times probably wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the apparent issues CMs are having looking for pricing/availability. I just don't understand how this is an issue as this isn't their first rodeo in cash bookings.

And now the CM just came back with Dec 1-3 again for a Studio and somehow the price jumped by 300. What an absolute waste of 2 hours I just spent on the phone and again, I got a rep right at 6AM.

I do see a lot of wealthier fans booking these rooms, but like you said, we thought the same for the star wars hotel. I am looking at these prices and think how much more can they go? I thought Iger was saying they know they are over pricing their products
I don't think the Galactic Starcruiser is a good comparison here, that's an experience more than a hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter