VDH Opening

How exactly do you get a new guide? We’re resale and just got off the Magic where one of the DVC guides said he was going to become our guide. I emailed him two weeks ago and never heard back from him. I want to make sure someone is ready if/when we want to buy VDH and this current guide isn’t even acknowledging us!
Just call and ask for a new guide.

I think Disney could just say in the POS that the first UY getting funded with points is October 2023 if they wanted to. I don’t think they’re under any obligation to give away current UY points so long as they clearly disclose it up front.
I don't think they can, it's one of those things that are regulated, they must give current year points if they exist (i.e. if the resort is open). But I'm not an expert.

He left me a voicemail that he'll be my guide for VDH since mine is FL only. Any thoughts on him? Sounded nice enough.

He does seem very nice. I have talked to him on the phone several times over the last few years, but never met him in person. He has always been responsive when I have called him.

I don't think they can, it's one of those things that are regulated, they must give current year points if they exist (i.e. if the resort is open). But I'm not an expert.
I took this info from @wdrl but as you see things are not consistent.
BLT sales started in September 2008 and opened on August 4, 2009. The first UY offered for BLT was February 2009.
VGF sales started in May 2013 and opened on October 23, 2013. The first UY offered for VGF was April 2013.
CCV sales started in March 2017 and opened on July 17, 2017. The first UY offered for CCV was August 2016.

If they open the resort to book with points in September, then to someone who buys an October or December UY, they'll have to give them 2022 points, I believe.
It would make sense from a DVC perspective to open the resort for points in February 2024. They can push a Feb UY to people who don't know better, so they get only 2024 points, some will get 2023 points, no one will get 2022 points.

No, they will simply allow them to borrow the points to stay prior to UY but after opening.

That is how it worked with VGF last year. I got Dec 2022 points and if I wanted to use them prior to that date, after the June opening of BPK, I was allowed to borrow them for stays

But because the points weren’t starting until Dec 1st, I was not charge MFs for those months in 2022 from June until Dec.

If the resort does not exist prior to that calendar year, then there was no inventory to match those points prior to the year it opens.

If they open the resort to book with points in September, then to someone who buys an October or December UY, they'll have to give them 2022 points, I believe.
It would make sense from a DVC perspective to open the resort for points in February 2024. They can push a Feb UY to people who don't know better, so they get only 2024 points, some will get 2023 points, no one will get 2022 points.

I agree with you 100%. What my guide said, I am not totally believing. Seems strange to me and not what we had really heard before. He said he is sure I know more about what is happening and getting the news sooner than him. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter