Vero Beach in September?

maryliz

<font color=990099>The Whoosh Fairy RULEs, the Blo
Hi there ... we are looking at doing 4 days/5 nights at VB either first or second week of September. I've only ever stayed there one night before a cruise, and it was in January a couple of years ago, so we never really got to enjoy the resort. We stayed in the Inn, and will likely do so again because it's less points. Is September still nice? Are there issues with mosquitoes or other bugs at that time of year? Ideas on what to do other than relax on the beach and at the pool? TIA for any thoughts !

Prime hurricane season in late August and September into early October.

Love bugs are around in May and September. I am not sure if they are an issue on the beach or not.

We vacation at Florida beaches EVERY YEAR in September. Don't let "hurricane season"(which is May 15th to Nov 30th) keep you away then if thats your desired month to travel. Its still plenty warm but not quite as sweltering and the crowds are much lighter as most kids are back in school.

We vacation at Florida beaches EVERY YEAR in September. Don't let "hurricane season"(which is May 15th to Nov 30th) keep you away then if thats your desired month to travel. Its still plenty warm but not quite as sweltering and the crowds are much lighter as most kids are back in school.
Hurricane season is June 1 to November 30.
Denise

Thanks everyone. Had forgotten about Hurricane season ... but not worrying about that. Just hopefully we don't end up spending our entire time inside due to one ! One thing we cannot control is the weather ... nor can we depend on the accuracy of weather forecasts. LOL Any suggestions on where to eat in the area, or sightseeing to do? Had thought about Cape Canaveral perhaps, but part of me just really wants to be by ocean/pool and do NOTHING ! ;)

Thanks everyone. Had forgotten about Hurricane season ... but not worrying about that. Just hopefully we don't end up spending our entire time inside due to one ! One thing we cannot control is the weather ... nor can we depend on the accuracy of weather forecasts. LOL Any suggestions on where to eat in the area, or sightseeing to do? Had thought about Cape Canaveral perhaps, but part of me just really wants to be by ocean/pool and do NOTHING ! ;)
If one was headed your way, you would be told to evacuate, not able to stay. Now a tropical storm you could stay and just watch all the rain, wind and waves. And higher tides.

IMO you will have an amazing time at Vero Beach with bugs or no bugs. I don't think there is anywhere in Florida that is a 100% bug free zone. Enjoy the beautiful beaches of Vero. Maybe have dinner at Ocean Grill which is a short ride from the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter