VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

I am truly excited for you!!! I’m very happy you *may* get to experience a cottage!!!

wishing you good luck on snagging it!!!

ETA.... I see you DID snag it!!! I’m happy for you!!!
Just want to say I hope you don't get caught by Isaias this weekend. Good luck.

Just want to say I hope you don't get caught by Isaias this weekend. Good luck.

Thank you! I hope we miss it! We arrive on Wednesday. At least we have the cottage to hang out in if the weather’s not that great!

Last edited:
Anyone know if they closed the resort due to Storm Isaias. I slid my reservation one day back and now arrive Tuesday 8/4. I know WDW resorts don’t always close, but since this is on the beach not sure what their protocol is. I called them on Friday and they told me to watch the news! really!

First time staying at Vero this September. What is the beach chair situation? Is there a rental company for beach chairs for Disneys portion of the beach? Are you allowed to bing your own chairs? And are beach tents allowed?

Anyone know if they closed the resort due to Storm Isaias. I slid my reservation one day back and now arrive Tuesday 8/4. I know WDW resorts don’t always close, but since this is on the beach not sure what their protocol is. I called them on Friday and they told me to watch the news! really!
They did not close the resort and the impact seems minimal from what I’ve seen

First time staying at Vero this September. What is the beach chair situation? Is there a rental company for beach chairs for Disneys portion of the beach? Are you allowed to bing your own chairs? And are beach tents allowed?
You can bring your own chairs or rent them from the resort. They also rent cabanas

Ah yes one more question. I know the "Inn rooms" are indoor entry like a standard hotel. Are the "Villas" units all outside open air entry ala OKW and SSR?

Can't wait for Vero this month! :yay: We cancelled an earlier trip and have rebooked. IF the social distancing and hygiene procedures are like Riviera, we will have no issues with being at a resort during Covid. Additionally, we met a local from Sebastian who was visiting his daughter at our pool on Saturday and we chatted. He said that the Covid cases in Indian River County are so so low. I already knew that, but certainly great to hear from a local! ::yes::

We cancelled, and I guess it was a good decision as we're missing some tropical storm weather. Moved to November, when the pool is scheduled for refurb :crazy2:

10 Restaurants to try in and around Vero Beach

I thought the above article from today's edition of Florida Today might be helpful reference.
Great info; thanks for sharing. Besides Wind and Waves (which we liked), we tried Mulligans and 2 Italian places - Italian places were very good - Vic's Italian in Sebastian and Station 49 Pizza in Vero Beach. Vic's had very good sauce, cheese garlic bread and garlic knots. Station 49 had a great meatball appetizer and very good sauce and great service.

DW and I had our first ever stay at Vero beach scheduled for August 25-28. Due to work circumstances, we had to change the date of our trip to . . . tomorrow. :) I have two questions:

1) I have seen the recommendations for off-site restaurants, but I am assuming a lot of those are for lunch/dinner - any recommendations for a local restaurant for breakfast?

2) If we rent chairs and an umbrella from the resort, do they set them up or do we carry them and set them up ourselves wherever we choose?

Thanks!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter