~Very important question~ (aka The Cocktail Thread)

Ooh! A cocktail thread!:love:

Why have I not found this before?:confused3

We are going to be staying at Sequoia Lodge in February half term - and for the first time we are going without the children!!:scared1::woohoo:

So, I'm hoping to indulge myself with a cocktail or two...or three...

LOVED the pics of the menu in the Redwood Bar - I will definitely be trying some of those!

I've been to DLP before but not investigated the cocktails - I enjoyed the cocktails at WDW last year.

Brilliant!

The following are courtesy of Linda67 and copied from her recent trip report. Thank you, Linda! :thumbsup2

Cafe Fantasia
I decided on a ‘Glow-Tini’ something I had tried before in WDW and enjoyed very much. The waiter was absolutely charming and I never felt odd sitting on my own and after taking my order he quickly returned with some nuts and delicious tortilla chips.

My cocktail arrived shortly afterwards

IMG_1303.jpg

Oooh, I enjoyed every sip of this :cloud9:

Annette's
‘Champs Tequilla’

IMG_1309.jpg

This was a tasty mix of Tequila, Apple Juice, Crème Du Coconut and Grenadine

Blue Lagoon
I kicked things off with a suitably Caribbean drink

IMG_1472.jpg

Captains Mai Tai – This was brought to me quickly and with a few snacks

'Cocktails Around the Lake'
‘Cocktails Around The Lake’

Yep, that’s right I was going to thinly disguise my desire for a fancy adult beverage with a ‘research tour of hotels’ :rolleyes1

Let’s get this show on the road

First Up …………. My home ground ……………………. Café Fantasia

IMG_1584.jpg

The Ponchielli

A mix of Bacardi Superior Rum, Chambord Liqueur, Peach Nectar, Pineapple Juice and Monin Grenadine Syrup

Presentation 5 out of 5
Taste 4 out of 5
Snacks Served 4 out of 5 (Nuts and Tortilla Chips)
Atmosphere 5 out of 5

Next Up ……………. New York City Bar ……………………Hotel New York

IMG_1585.jpg

The New York, New York

A mix of Bacardi Superior Rum, Melon Liqueur, Pineapple Juice, Fresh Lemon Juice and Monin Peach Syrup

Presentation 4 out of 5
Taste 5 out of 5
Snacks served 5 out of 5 (Olives and Nuts)
Atmosphere 3 out of 5 (I was the only person in there, but the staff were lovely)

Right time to head to …………The Redwood Bar …………………Sequoia Lodge

Yes, I know I had stayed here before so I couldn’t pretend that this was research but it seemed wrong to just walk past on my way to Newport Bay ;)

IMG_1588.jpg

The Sierra Nevada

A mix of Grey Goose Citrus Vodka, Green Apple Liqueur, Fresh Lemon Juice and Blue Curacao

Presentation 3 out of 5
Taste 3 out of 5
Snacks served 0 out of 5 (there weren’t any :eek:)
Atmosphere 4 out of 5 (I had a lovely table next to the fire)

We are in the home straight

Next Up ……………. Fisherman’s Wharf ………….Newport Bay Hotel

IMG_1586.jpg

The Tropical Storm

A mix of Tequila, Apricot Liqueur, Blue Curacao and Passion Fruit Nectar

Presentation 4 out of 5
Taste 4 out of 5
Snacks served 3 out of 5 (nuts and crisps)
Atmosphere 2 out of 5 (felt like I was sitting is a waiting room and the other bar was closed)

So there ends my little posh pub crawl, what was my favourite I hear you cry?

Without doubt the cocktail of the night was the New York, New York at the New York City Bar. This was absolutely delicious.

Some of the other drinks were a little too sweet but the fresh lemon juice in this one gave it a sharper flavour that I really enjoyed.

The bar staff were excellent in the Hotel New York and I am a bit fan of Olives so the snacks went down well.

The only downside to this venue was that I was the only person in there and with no music of any sort playing it felt a little low on atmosphere.

I love the décor of this bar and I can imagine if it’s buzzing in there it’s a great place to spend some time

In terms of the venue I most enjoyed though it has to be Café Fantasia, just the right combination of atmosphere and sophistication and I thought that my drink there looked the prettiest :lovestruc

Walt's
This was my appetizer :lmao:

IMG_1707.jpg

Glow-Tini (well I need to get a glow cube as I had given my other one away :laughing:)

Thank you, Linda, that's pretty impressive research! Cheers! :drinking:

No photos sorry guys but thoroughly recommend the cocktails in the HNY bar for me they get the booze balance just right :cloud9:

Also had a great cocktail in Cafe Mickey but can't remember what it was called except that it was the bottom one on the menu :confused3

Hi cocktail girls
Just wondering if the glowtini cocktails are the same at the different places. Any recommendations? Any ideas of rough cost?
I am off to DLP on Tuesday, my husband has asked for an idea for my little ones to give me for mother's day and am thinking about saying a glowtini cocktail when we are on hols.:lovestruc
Fiona
x

I believe as with the other cocktails the more expensive the hotel, the more expensive the price. I think a Glowtini costs around €14 at the DLH :scared1: so if you indulge yourself there sip it slowly! :rotfl2: I've yet to sample one myself (57 days to go :rotfl:) but would imagine they are pretty much the same everywhere.

What a lovely idea for Mother's Day :goodvibes and enjoy your trip. :wizard:

Greetings fellow cocktail lovers

Just to let you know my liver and I will (that's not a typo I do mean liver) will be heading back to DLRP in January

Lock up your glow cubes :rotfl:

Here's me enjoying what I think was a Yellow Stone cocktail at Redwood Bar in Sequoia Lodge.... it was yummy! And rather large (I did share it with my DH ;) )
DSC00234.jpg

wondered if anyone has updates on this???

have decided (as an excuse for an afternoon 'relax') that maybe i take the boys to cafe fantasia and sample a famous glowtini (or anythin else lol) and wondered if anyone has up to date prices, and also - can u take the glass away as well as the glowtini?? lol

were in cheyenne, so cant really go into another hotel with them, but can get away with dlh....

any 'advice' appreciated lol

We stayed in the Cheyenne but went to the Sequoia Lodge as was desperate for my glowtini fix!

If recall correctly it cost around 11.50euros and was worth every penny. It was served in a 'proper' glass so you couldn't take that but I did of course keep the ice cube.

DSC03750.jpg

DSC03752.jpg

When I was last at Disney I do remember them having souvenir glasses, but couldn't see those being offered this time.

In the DLH you can pay extra and get a suvenior glass. Your get your cocktail served in a glass and they will box up a glass for you to take home.

Also the cocktail will be dearer in the DLH compared to the Cheyenne, the price increases with the grade of hotel.

Also the cocktail will be dearer in the DLH compared to the Cheyenne, the price increases with the grade of hotel.

yeah, I have always found this to be very funny. When I went on my girlie holiday there we had one in each bar, starting at the most expensive and working our way down -- that's the best 100euros I've ever spent! :lmao:

We stayed at the DLH last month and I did have to reluctantly spend some time at the bar ;) they were serving up allsorts of cocktails and it's great just sat there watching them being served up.

I did get a freebie too - one of the leather black wallets they often hand out with the receipt in for your charges - just asked and they let me have one as a souvenir!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter