very upsetting news

I have been there for this confernce before. It is huge!!! They block off parking by the Swan and Dolphin and there are a ton of buses moving convention goers to and from. They even host a private party for the convention at the MK after the park is closed. My suggestion is to move the wedding if you can. This is Disney's largest convention. My friend used to work at the Contemporary and told me this convention brings in millions of dollors and therefore they will bend over backwards for these people. If you really have your heart set on this peaceful elegent affair you might want to rethink your options. I would just be a little peeved that the wedding cordinator didn't tell you sooner because this convention takes place every year around the same time and they have the same hassel year after year.

good luck

Michelle

Originally posted by Cinderella03
Alice42,
We just received our contract in the mail yesterday. Our Wedding is November 8th at The GF.

We are going to share the same wedding date. :) That is our anniversary date and we held our reception at the GF, too. Congrats to you!

Hi All, I am glad you got your original room back, but I would find out what will be entailed by this convention; you might want to plan things for people (like meals) in the 6 month window.

Also, while I did not have a disney wedding (I just proposed there) I will say that there will be a few minor problems; ignore them and go forward. An example from my wedding is that they gave our honeymoon suite to someone else. We had to use another for the night before. Again, this was under a contract not a reservation.

I would say that you might want to prepare for some slight interference from the convention; nothing serious, but annoyances...
:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter