VGF standard resort studios availability

Been monitoring for the last few days, and each starting day is always booked up, but usually frees up by the next day. Definitely looks like it's getting walked even though subsequent days have rooms, they're very limited.
Not looking great since I can only start walking on December first (December UY and nothing left from current UY) and the point charts are much better looking at that time, so would assume demand would be even higher :(

Will be trying for a 1-bed sv instead of a resort studio as a first choice, never thought I'd do that when I bought in but felt we're kind of outgrowing studios already from last visit. Of course those are getting walked too, so seems it'll be equally as hard to book if not more so. If so I'll just settle for a sv/lagoon resort studio.
Hoping that I can pick up crumbs left as walkers pass.

Overall feel pretty disappointed. Thought VGF would have better availability due ot higher point charts, but seems to be as competitive as other low point high demand resorts like ccv, bcv, etc.
My fault though for not researching this stuff even more.

December is the most popular time for VGF due to the holiday

There simply are not enough rooms there to meet the demand

I will be booking a 2 bedroom and hoping that I get SV when my window opens up as o am using my Dec UY points.

I will only need 2 days which helps and can waitlist and stalk too…but I’m busting for LV for that…will try for a 1 bedroom and studio as well since no idea who will go.

The goid news is that you can waitlist that morning and if it’s walkers, the waitlist should fill

Yeah totally get it's the busy time, was just not expecting things to look this way since historical data showed 7 day availability all of december at 11 months, but of course that wasn't a sold out resort back then.
It all makes much more sense now from frequenting these boards more and learning the struggles of booking with dvc and other timeshares in general. Just venting at this point of course since it's water under the bridge and my UY is what my UY is.

Yeah totally get it's the busy time, was just not expecting things to look this way since historical data showed 7 day availability all of december at 11 months, but of course that wasn't a sold out resort back then.
It all makes much more sense now from frequenting these boards more and learning the struggles of booking with dvc and other timeshares in general. Just venting at this point of course since it's water under the bridge and my UY is what my UY is.
It’s gotten hard to book SV Deluxe Studios any time of year now. We have 3 nights prior to our SSR GV in July and I felt like I won the jackpot…

Yeah those sv studios seem to get booked up more aggressively. Has to be a pretty long walk if a busy time is desired it seems.

Learning about fixed week, could've definitely helped, but again I'm already flaking at the room type preference just a few months into ownership, probably preferred time to travel would change as well :)

Was able to start a walk today for the 1b sv I was hoping to get. Looks like there was almost no room for any errors/mishaps/mistakes/misclicks since when I checked again at 8:03 they were all gone. Hopefully would be able to keep moving it along for the next couple of weeks.
Seems like one would have to be extremely lucky to start a walk tomorrow or the day after since there are only a couple left. Had no appreciation for how busy it truly is by assuming 11 months out fixes everything. There are more room types left for the same date range in other wdw resorts as of this writing, vgf only has theme park studios left! Never thought it'd be a harder get to secure something in vgf than ccv during december.

So since this is a sold out resort now and all points have been more or less spoken for, this should be as bad as it gets at 11 months booking, right?
Absent making december have an even cheaper points chart or 1bed points more balanced, it shouldn't become even more competitive to book at 11 months out, correct?

Last edited:
I
So since this is a sold out resort now and all points have been more or less spoken for, this should be as bad as it gets at 11 months booking, right?
Absent making december have an even cheaper points chart or 1bed points more balanced, it shouldn't become even more competitive to book at 11 months out, correct?
In normal situations this now represents all points in the system and it should be as bad as it gets, outside of changes to the system or special situations. Changes to the system include; point chart adjustments, adding more villas to the association (getting less likely since we are further into the 50 yr life), and the trust there are rumors about (might have no impact, might help, might hurt.. we just don't know). Special situations include renovations and "unplanned closures".

I

In normal situations this now represents all points in the system and it should be as bad as it gets, outside of changes to the system or special situations. Changes to the system include; point chart adjustments, adding more villas to the association (getting less likely since we are further into the 50 yr life), and the trust there are rumors about (might have no impact, might help, might hurt.. we just don't know). Special situations include renovations and "unplanned closures".
Makes sense. For the trust, and I know it’s all guess work now, but there shouldn’t be a way that dvd can make their non-VGF points have 11 months access, right?

Checked again on VGF and all room types/views are booked up for December 1st, no other resort is like that! I’m still shocked by the demand compared to other more beloved/popular resorts, but maybe my perception is at fault and not really reflective of where proper expectations should be set at.

Makes sense. For the trust, and I know it’s all guess work now, but there shouldn’t be a way that dvd can make their non-VGF points have 11 months access, right?

Checked again on VGF and all room types/views are booked up for December 1st, no other resort is like that! I’m still shocked by the demand compared to other more beloved/popular resorts, but maybe my perception is at fault and not really reflective of where proper expectations should be set at.

i think it’s also because people love VGF and BRV for the lobby During the holidays.

I own a at a few resorts. VGF standard view studio and sometimes 1BR are booked most days at 11 months out. BLT standard view studio, 1BR, and 2BR are usually booked too. It’s not just VGF. What’s funny is that at VGF, they almost always open up a few days later when people walk past them. I think people are just so worried about getting them that they walk every reservation they want. I wish I always knew 11 months in advance when I would be going. I almost always know 8 or more months in advance, and I’m usually ok with my home resorts.

Absent making december have an even cheaper points chart
LOL, they just finished a 3-year points reallocation process making early December and earlier in the fall more expensive. For years those first two weeks of December were among the least expensive weeks of the year and booked up even faster than what you saw this morning. They raised the points for fall into December and lowered them in less-popular summer.

Points can not change resorts because they are nothing more than a representation of an ownership interest.

So, only points good at VGF for home resort booking will always be those deeded to VGf, no matter who owns them.

I think people are just so worried about getting them that they walk every reservation they want.
That's me right now, or at least that's what I'm attempting to do. Doesn't feel great to be doing this, but at the same time I'm definitely seeing signs of walking in the last couple of weeks, though the amount of rooms that open up after walkers pass is very small, so the majority of the availability issue seems to be due organic demand than only walkers.

LOL, they just finished a 3-year points reallocation process making early December and earlier in the fall more expensive. For years those first two weeks of December were among the least expensive weeks of the year and booked up even faster than what you saw this morning. They raised the points for fall into December and lowered them in less-popular summer.
Wow, makes sense it was re-allocated. Wish we still had the heat tolerance for summer trips to take advantage of the decent point charts and much better availability. Beats the anxiety generated by these december bookings!

Points can not change resorts because they are nothing more than a representation of an ownership interest.

So, only points good at VGF for home resort booking will always be those deeded to VGf, no matter who owns them.
Makes sense, so probably nothing that a trust system can do to impact 11 month availability in that case for a sold out resort like VGF.

Booking an accessible room makes this even more complicated. I was able to score a studio at Jambo which I can walk… not the way I really like to operate. Hoping for a VGF split stay so looking for those walking to have moved on when my chance opens up. I’m probably that odd duck who actually likes the resort studios… even as a solo! lol

Booking an accessible room makes this even more complicated. I was able to score a studio at Jambo which I can walk… not the way I really like to operate. Hoping for a VGF split stay so looking for those walking to have moved on when my chance opens up. I’m probably that odd duck who actually likes the resort studios… even as a solo! lol
That plus the fact that December is when the majority of fixed weeks were sold for. Just makes it tough all around especially for the first two weeks of the month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter