VGF Villas & Views - REVISED 07/22/2017

Beautiful pics, twinsouveniers!
How was the balcony?

The balcony was amazing. I have a lot of pictures of our toddlers running around on it--when they would start a tantrum, all we had to do is take them to the balcony and they would literally say "yay!" and stare through the slats at the monorail or passers-by. We could not hear the monorail with the doors shut.

We left the doors open a lot for the lovely breeze... until a bird came in. It left soon, but it was quite a surprise :)

How much are the movie rentals?

Movie rentals are free. You sign a form saying they can charge you $25 if you do not return them. The movies we borrowed were both great. In fact everything we requested seemed (and probably was) new. The extra pack n play still had tags on. We saw John Carter and Brave, FYI :)

This was my only complaint on our last trip at POR..
FYI: the water slides close even earlier..
But at least we will only be a monorail/boat ride away! (If at MK)

So to rephrase your question..
How late are the pool, slide, kids water area open at the GF?

They seemed to be open quite late, but the weather was variable on our trip and our kids go to bed between 7 & 8 even on vacation so I am not sure. Also, the hot tub was located in the main pool, not the beachside pool by the villas, so it would be a little bit of a walk. A very pleasant walk, though :)

I just booked a standard 2BR (gave up a 3BR at SSR for this!) and am hoping to add a 1BR tomorrow (wasn't available for our first day). While we will just be a party of 8, it's 2 married couples, 3 teens, and a toddler, so wanting my daughter and her family to have their own accommodations.

That being said, I scoured the entire thread for info on where the elevators are located... Would like to not have a long walk from the elevator to the rooms.

Anyone remember?

I just booked a standard 2BR (gave up a 3BR at SSR for this!) and am hoping to add a 1BR tomorrow (wasn't available for our first day). While we will just be a party of 8, it's 2 married couples, 3 teens, and a toddler, so wanting my daughter and her family to have their own accommodations. That being said, I scoured the entire thread for info on where the elevators are located... Would like to not have a long walk from the elevator to the rooms. Anyone remember?

The building is small. The walk from the elevators to the rooms is not long.

I just booked a standard 2BR (gave up a 3BR at SSR for this!) and am hoping to add a 1BR tomorrow (wasn't available for our first day). While we will just be a party of 8, it's 2 married couples, 3 teens, and a toddler, so wanting my daughter and her family to have their own accommodations.

That being said, I scoured the entire thread for info on where the elevators are located... Would like to not have a long walk from the elevator to the rooms.

Anyone remember?

This is a very small resort, the longest walk is from the elevator to a GV and it will take 3 minutes tops if you are slow.

:earsboy: Bill

Anyone remember?

I agree with what everyone so far has said about it being a small resort and therefore a short walk, but for a standard view 2BR the closest rooms would be those ending in XX13, XX24 and XX25.

Here's another way to look at how small the resort is. The distance from the elevators to the farthest room is 6 rooms.

I am new to dvc and this form but have many trips to the Mouse over the years. I don’t know why it took us so long to purchase but we finally did last summer.

I will be going in Mid June and requested room 1525 a standard view dedicated two bedroom based on this form. Hopefully we will have a view of the fireworks from our balcony. I’ve read that you cannot here the monorail but hopefully we will not hear the elevator as well.

Has anyone stayed next to the elevators and it so can they be heard inside your room.

I am new to dvc and this form but have many trips to the Mouse over the years. I don’t know why it took us so long to purchase but we finally did last summer.

I will be going in Mid June and requested room 1525 a standard view dedicated two bedroom based on this form. Hopefully we will have a view of the fireworks from our balcony. I’ve read that you cannot here the monorail but hopefully we will not hear the elevator as well.

Has anyone stayed next to the elevators and it so can they be heard inside your room.

The odds of someone checking out of 1525 the morning that you check in is something that I would not plan on. Make sure that your second request gives the room assigner something to work with.

The odds of someone checking out of 1525 the morning that you check in is something that I would not plan on. Make sure that your second request gives the room assigner something to work with.

I don't think that's how it's done.

I think (not sure) that the room assignor finds a guest that is checking into that specific room with the exact number of days that would see them leave exactly on the date that the room is being assigned.

e.g. If guest "A" wants room #1000 on March 15, the room assignor finds a guest, guest "B" that would be departing on March 15. To do that, assignor would look for specific guest "B" with the number of reservation days needed after guest "C" leaves, that would see guest "B" leave on March 15th. For example if guest "C" whom is in room #1000, departs on March 9th, assignor just needs to find a guest "B" staying for 6 days and assigns them room #1000.

It's not perfect but it should work.

I don't think that's how it's done.

I think (not sure) that the room assignor finds a guest that is checking into that specific room with the exact number of days that would see them leave exactly on the date that the room is being assigned.

e.g. If guest "A" wants room #1000 on March 15, the room assignor finds a guest, guest "B" that would be departing on March 15. To do that, assignor would look for specific guest "B" with the number of reservation days needed after guest "C" leaves, that would see guest "B" leave on March 15th. For example if guest "C" whom is in room #1000, departs on March 9th, assignor just needs to find a guest "B" staying for 6 days and assigns them room #1000.

It's not perfect but it should work.

The room assigners job is to fill the rooms, if they can easily grant a request they will. Some assigners care more than others, there is no requirement that they match requests.

The variables that are in play are too many to mention or for guests to even understand.

The broader and more generic your request, the greater the chance that your request may be granted.

After years of WDW vacations and over 30 stays, we get our requests about half the time.

We just had our first stay in a deluxe studio in room 1321 (the room above the worst view). While it wasn't the best view in the world, it was still awesome to be able to wake up to a view of the monorail. This room is on the third floor right above the port de cochere. It's opposite the elevators.

We loved, loved, loved the VGF. :cloud9: They are more beautiful in person than at the SSR model, and the only reason we bought in was because of the five-to-a-room sleeping arrangement in the studios and our need for fewer points. For me, I was happy continuing to stay in deluxe hotel rooms on steep discounts as I didn't need or want a full kitchen and didn't need tons of space--just a nice place to sleep and an awesome resort to stay at and enjoy. However, since we bought in before the resort was finished and couldn't test drive it before we signed on the dotted line, I was worried that we were going to be more cramped than we would be in a normal deluxe hotel room, or find the accommodations to be lesser than what we were used to. In particular, I was worried about storing luggage and whether my kids would be comfortable on the pull out bed and the Murphy bed. I'm happy to say that we're very happy with our investment and found the accommodations to be just as nice (even nicer, in fact) than what we're used to. My daughter (almost 13) loved the Murphy bed and had no trouble fitting on it (nor did I, and I am 5'10"), and my boys (7 and 11) found the sleeper sofa to be just as comfortable as a regular bed. I was thrilled to see there was more space than I expected in the hallway leading into the room: I had plenty of space to store our luggage (3 full-sized carry ons and backpacks), and we were still able to navigate around the room with all of the bed surfaces open and in use. The design of the bathroom was awesome too: We were able to get ready in half of the time since two people could bathe at the same time (unlike in a regular hotel room where we have to do it individually, and wind up throwing the boys in the shower together and my daughter and I in together to speed up the process--which we really can't continue to do now that everyone is getting older.) We also loved the ability to close off the toilet so someone could continue to get ready while another family member was, um, using the facilities. ;) Perhaps the only thing I missed from the studio vs. a deluxe hotel room was the extra sink. When my husband and I were getting ready simultaneously, it was a bit difficult for us to share the mirror and the sink. However, I'd take the extra shower and the ability for someone to use the toilet privately as a more than fair trade off for a double bowl and extra mirror space. (Thank goodness I have only one daughter!)

I also loved the small and quainter atmosphere of the villas. To me, it felt more like an beautiful apartment building than a hotel. The CMs are tucked quietly away at three desks in the corner of the lobby, which really gives you more of the feeling of walking into a residential building than a hotel. The building is still elegant and sophisticated, but less opulent--it feels more homey and private, and I loved that. While I didn't swim, my kids did, but I get the sense that I wouldn't feel like the world was looking at me if I walked through the lobby in a bathing suit and coverup instead of a dress and heels (the way I would if I walked through the main GF building). The fact that it's a few steps away from the Beach Pool is also something that we loved.

All in all, we're thrilled with our investment and can't wait to return for a longer stay this summer.

View straight ahead:

AC3721C7-2132-46B5-8E9D-0283D2004489.jpg

View to the left:

6EC3926D-3B04-44E8-95BB-29CA2F5DAA1A.jpg

View to the right:

79A4B335-20A1-4E2C-804D-69CF2289BD53.jpg

View with sleepyheads and all sleeping surfaces open and furniture moved:

8B0F7260-DD14-48AF-A4D0-2FD31F324349.jpg

Luggage storage in hallway:

0E724FA2-1326-4A78-91F1-17F4792884A3.jpg

We just had our first stay in a deluxe studio in room 1321.

Thanks for contributing your photos, thisismyusername. I'm sure a lot of people will find your photo with the sofa bed and Murphy bed pulled out and in use quite interesting. It shows how much space is available in a studio when all beds are in use.

I've added your photos to the list in Post #2.

The room assigners job is to fill the rooms, if they can easily grant a request they will. Some assigners care more than others, there is no requirement that they match requests.

The variables that are in play are too many to mention or for guests to even understand.

The broader and more generic your request, the greater the chance that your request may be granted.

After years of WDW vacations and over 30 stays, we get our requests about half the time.

I have to agree--from the point of view of making it easy on the assigner to give you something you want... we gave them a list of about 8 rooms in order of priority and we got one of our top choices.

I have to agree--from the point of view of making it easy on the assigner to give you something you want... we gave them a list of about 8 rooms in order of priority and we got one of our top choices.

Stupid question. Where does one make the room request. When I checked in online, it only gave an option for something like "high floor."

Stupid question. Where does one make the room request. When I checked in online, it only gave an option for something like "high floor."

I send my request to DVC MS via the member website contact form to be added to the reservation.

Just made reservation for October to stay at VGF! So excited! We are staying in a dedicated 2 BR. We are taking my 87 yr old grandmother. Unfortunately couldn't book a LV, so had to go with Standard View, but would like her to still be able to see the fireworks at night. Can anyone make any room suggestion we should request? We do not need a H/A. She gets around ok, just gets tired in the evenings so doesn't last as long as my twin DD who are 12. Great thread and awesome pictures btw!!

Just made reservation for October to stay at VGF! So excited! We are staying in a dedicated 2 BR. We are taking my 87 yr old grandmother. Unfortunately couldn't book a LV, so had to go with Standard View, but would like her to still be able to see the fireworks at night. Can anyone make any room suggestion we should request? We do not need a H/A. She gets around ok, just gets tired in the evenings so doesn't last as long as my twin DD who are 12. Great thread and awesome pictures btw!!

Sorry I thought I posted an answer last week. I must have previewed the post and didn't enter it. :blush:

I think if you get a room ending in XX25 you should be able to see the fireworks. See the photos from the studio ending in 1229 that shows the fireworks. an XX25 room would be on the same wing. I would ask for a high floor too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter