VGF Villas & Views - REVISED 07/22/2017

Just back from 1403...1 bedroom standard. Amazing . View of monorail, pool and main GF building.
Room was immaculate and worth every point. Was there 7 nights and I have zero negatives - except the monorail down from 11 to 7 weekdays. The busses were good. The line for boat to MK was pretty long. We actually took a cab one afternoon in fear of missing a reservation. The level of service was excellent all over GF property. The CM in lobby were very informative and pleasant at all times.
We are returning for land and sea in January on the Dream and will stay in a LV studio for 3 nights before cruise. I honestly can't wait to get back. Love owning a piece of this one.... unsure where we still stay after cruise for 2 nights to wind down.

We are renting points from an owner in Aug/Sept and have reserved a 1 bdrm std view. Don't want to bother the owner with making specific requests for me, as he has already done his part.
My question is, when I do on-line check-in, what wording should I use to request a room with a fireworks view.
Have been following this thread religiously and judging from the beautiful pics you have all posted, looks like any rm ending in 03, 09, or 27 would be a good bet. Since I won't be able to request anything like that, does anyone have any suggestions? Not sure if I should ask for pool view, monorail view, etc. I too, am having visualizing what's where from the maps - spatially challenged, I guess...
Thanks!

Here are some pictures of the view from room 1229, Standard View Studio:

View from left to right:

View at night:

Fireworks partially blocked by trees:

Too funny! That was our room from 2/3-2/7. Loved having the stairs right there (when we were going without the stroller).

We are renting points from an owner in Aug/Sept and have reserved a 1 bdrm std view. Don't want to bother the owner with making specific requests for me, as he has already done his part.
My question is, when I do on-line check-in, what wording should I use to request a room with a fireworks view.
Have been following this thread religiously and judging from the beautiful pics you have all posted, looks like any rm ending in 03, 09, or 27 would be a good bet. Since I won't be able to request anything like that, does anyone have any suggestions? Not sure if I should ask for pool view, monorail view, etc. I too, am having visualizing what's where from the maps - spatially challenged, I guess...
Thanks!

I wouldn't really prioritize the view based on whether or not you could see fireworks. A view that is pleasant all the time should be preferable. I prefer top floor views for just that reason.

That said, because of the way the building is angled (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/map/#/id=villas-at-grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/), you could potentially get a fireworks view form 1227, 1327, and 1427, all of which are standard view one-bedroom units.

Other standard view units on the left side of the long wing (1503, 1509, etc) could have an angled view, but it's really hard to tell for sure. Likely you'd be sticking your neck out and looking to the right.

Personally, I requested 1515, because you would get a decent enoughlake view (without paying for one), and it should be enjoyable any time we're in the room. You also get to see the Poly, so it'll have a bit of an island flair. We'll want to be in or near the parks (or somewhere with a better view, like the Top of the World Lounge) when the fireworks are happening, so seeing those from the room isn't a priority.

If you really want a great view of the fireworks close by your hotel, try the TTC. It's really a great view, particularly to see Hallowishes for free. ;)

I wouldn't really prioritize the view based on whether or not you could see fireworks. A view that is pleasant all the time should be preferable. I prefer top floor views for just that reason.

That said, because of the way the building is angled (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/map/#/id=villas-at-grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/), you could potentially get a fireworks view form 1227, 1327, and 1427, all of which are standard view one-bedroom units.

Other standard view units on the left side of the long wing (1503, 1509, etc) could have an angled view, but it's really hard to tell for sure. Likely you'd be sticking your neck out and looking to the right.

Personally, I requested 1515, because you would get a decent enoughlake view (without paying for one), and it should be enjoyable any time we're in the room. You also get to see the Poly, so it'll have a bit of an island flair. We'll want to be in or near the parks (or somewhere with a better view, like the Top of the World Lounge) when the fireworks are happening, so seeing those from the room isn't a priority.

If you really want a great view of the fireworks close by your hotel, try the TTC. It's really a great view, particularly to see Hallowishes for free. ;)

Thanks for your advice. :thumbsup2

Im hoping for a 2 bedroom any view September 20-28, 2014 and want to know would I want a dedicated or two bedroom if I have any choice at all.

I will be with my ds16, my dh and my mom. My ds will be with my mom. Does it matter? We usually book dedicated because I really never thought about it.

Thank you.

View from room 1601

To the left
IMG_1544_zpsf0987fac.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

straight out

Off the master bedroom balcony facing the Poly

We stayed in one bedroom 1603 and we were blissfully happy with it. Items of concern: Never could get the ice maker to work. Tons of space, super quiet--did not hear any neighbors, girls took easy naps in the living room every day. Tons of space for the pack n plays... the album has pictures of the interior. The most comfortable and elegant villa I've stayed in. It looked like it was part of a 2 br lockoff, not a dedicated 1 br. The staff was amazing. We asked for a blender and it was delivered in minutes. The maintenance woman came up when we called about the ice machine, did something and we were supposed to call back if it did not resolve. It did not, but we forgot to call back. The fridge was HUGE. The suction issues were definitely there but we have them with our freezer at home so no biggie. However, it appears that the wood on the side of the door had cracked a bit probably from someone forcing it open. The bolt on the door showed some forcing issue--my husband believes that they probably had to shave it down a bit to make the bolt line up as they may have installed it in a way that it did not line up. We also noticed some scratches on the floor, but nothing serious. The view- phenomenal. Wish the DVD player could be moved to the bedroom because we wanted to watch movies after the girls went to sleep (in the living room). Loved the movie 'rental' from the front desk. The villas are super close to the pool too, and the pool bar has amazing food and one of the best beer selections on property. Easy walk to the Poly and TTC, which was handy when the monorail was down. Boat to MK took forever. Busses were fast.

So here is the link to the full album:

http://s986.photobucket.com/user/tw.../Villas at Grand Floridian Standard 1 BR 1603

A few solo shots:
DD8702CF-50EB-4753-BE65-34317F0109DE_zpsbfoe1ywh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

0A86CFB6-0ED4-4BAB-94DB-DD326F76B341_zps295qhmmn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And a panoramic shot that I wish had had a prettier sky color :)

91C2B5E2-DFE3-4D01-AE45-9A7A67F88D46_zpskgbmyoij.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Took most of these on arrival day and it was a bit rainy.

47EF6585-F0FA-4604-A34D-9FFBA1AA49A7_zps22cuqfip.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We stayed in one bedroom 1603 and we were blissfully happy with it. . . . It looked like it was part of a 2 br lockoff, not a dedicated 1 br.

Thanks for posting, twinsouvenirs. You have some really beautiful photos. By the way, all of the 1 bedroom villas at the Villas at Grand Floridian are part of a lock off two-bedroom vacation home; there are no dedicated 1 bedrooms or dedicated studios at VGF.

Now that you have stayed at VGF, do you think you'll return for another stay?

I've added your villa to the list in Post #2.

How late is the pool open? On our last stay (POR) they closed the pool before we could get back from being in the parks. I would had loved to gone to sit in the hot tub!

How late is the pool open? On our last stay (POR) they closed the pool before we could get back from being in the parks. I would had loved to gone to sit in the hot tub!

This was my only complaint on our last trip at POR..
FYI: the water slides close even earlier..
But at least we will only be a monorail/boat ride away! (If at MK)

So to rephrase your question..
How late are the pool, slide, kids water area open at the GF?

True about the quicker trip back. I had other issues with POR thats why I bought DVC!

I think it's 10 or 11 now. In the last couple of months Disney has made changes their pool policies due to a drowning that occurred. They have extended the lifeguard hours and are installing pool fences. Security has also been increased and late nighters have been asked to leave the pool area.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks for posting, twinsouvenirs. You have some really beautiful photos. By the way, all of the 1 bedroom villas at the Villas at Grand Floridian are part of a lock off two-bedroom vacation home; there are no dedicated 1 bedrooms or dedicated studios at VGF.

Now that you have stayed at VGF, do you think you'll return for another stay?

I've added your villa to the list in Post #2.

Absolutely, although it may take a bit. I have a mission to try all the DVC resorts at least once... we are repeating Boardwalk for Star Wars Weekend which I already feel guilty about! The price point at VGF is steep enough I think I'll save it for years where we are only doing one trip (or eventually convince DH we need to add on 50-80 pts...working on it). This trip cost about 300 points, and we only own 270 total so it'll be a splurge. Variety is the spice of DVC for us, so we don't plan on staying at the same place every trip--we found ourself missing the easy walk to DTD from SSR, the fun stuff on the Boardwalk (and walking distance to the World Showcase).

That said, they are absolutely THE NICEST units we've been in so far, and the Grand Floridian lobby is glorious. So much fun to shop, lounge, listen to the Society Orchestra... We also loved being able to walk the grounds, loop the grounds of the Poly, etc. There is a very refined relaxed feeling there.

Each DVC vacation is so different!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter