Via Napoli in Epcot... Good food or no?

Love the pizza there but some may not like Italian style. My kids also inhaled the kids spaghetti and meatballs from the kids menu. We’ll actually be there in a week and a half... can’t wait!

We have only had the pizza. It was tasty and the service was good both times we had dinner there.

VN seems to be very polarizing. It seems not everyone knows what neopolitan pizza is supposed to be compared to the average pizza joint. Toppings are sparse and the crust is charred. I think VN does it well considering the circumstances. I watched a segment on their process and they had the brick ovens built and import ingredients from Italy. We found the pizza to be great quality and value. Small plates were a let down though minus the prosciutto and melon with was fresh and delicious. Stick to pizza here and you’ll be fine.

Last edited:
Love it! We always get the house salad, half margherita/ half pepperoni pizza and a pitcher of white Sangria. Interacting with the waitstaff is an outstanding addition to the dining experience! ☺️ 🇮🇹

We had to wait 30 minutes for a table after arriving on time for our ADR, that pretty much tainted the meal for us. Food was fine but my mood was foul.

We enjoy dinner a lot we will be going back next trip. Our service has always been warm, friendly and timely. We are a party of 3 adults using TIW too.
@Axel this is the second thread today where you have had service issues. I wonder if you just have bad luck or what.

I honestly just chalk it up to the sheer number of times I've dined at TS restaurants. Statistically, it's bound to happen. There just happened to be threads about the places I had bad service! When I go, I typically eat at one or two TS restaurants every day, and I can only count about five experiences that were truly horrendous. I gave VN a second chance pretty quickly off the bat because I genuinely enjoyed the food, but the service disappointed me again, so I'm taking a much longer break between repeating it for now.

It was a one and done for us but people on these boards rave about it. I always recommend that you try things out for yourself though because dining at Disney is so subjective.

My favorite pizza at WDW. We go to WDW at least once a year and eat there every time. Agree that the service can be spotty though.

We love it. We go every trip. We never have a reservation and are always seated within 30 minutes.

We really enjoyed it on our last trip. We were a walk-in, with no reservations for lunch. I kept it simple with just mozzarella, basil and tomatoes, and really enjoyed the pizza. I was too full for dessert, but really liked my adult beverage. We had a great seat right in front of the ovens, and the kids loved watching the chef spin the pizza dough. we would definitely go back.

You are going to get every answer on the spectrum here because it is so subjective. In our experience, service was VERY slow and our server was inattentive. The pizza tasted ok, but we found the individual pizza to be extremely thin and not very filling.

Any New Yorkers have thoughts on the pizza? I usually try to avoid WDW restaurants that specialize in food that my hometown does really well in abundance (pizza, Chinese) but I'm curious about how VN measures up.

We love the pizza but I don't think we were told the first time we went that the pizza takes longer than other foods, they don't try to make everything come out at the same time. One member of our group order pasta and his food was quick while we had to wait longer for the pizza. Now when you order the server tells you about the wait. Last Sunday I tried the chicken parm and was pleased with it, would get it again.

Any New Yorkers have thoughts on the pizza? I usually try to avoid WDW restaurants that specialize in food that my hometown does really well in abundance (pizza, Chinese) but I'm curious about how VN measures up.
From New Jersey but have had New York pizza. I don’t think anything can beat Brooklyn pizza ;)

Closest I've ever had to NYC pizza outside the Tri State region. A little too heavy on the toppings for me but I'm probably in the minorty with that. They serve a really credible Margharita. A bit of chew when you bite into the crust, a nice amount of char but not too much, exceptionally fresh ingredients ( nope, not Polly O or even Sorrento ) and obviously made on premise sauce. Something I noticed once : the 3 ovens don't burn evenly. Check out the smoke stains on the ovens' exterior, decide for yourself and and make me feel like I'm not the only one who ever noticed....oops:D.

During Jersey Week a couple of years back, the guy at the table next to us complained to the staff that the pizza wasn't real Italian pizza. LOL!
Maybe he's been eating too much Sbarro for lunch in the city...shudder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter