Via Napoli really that good?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Is Via Napoli really that good? Can y'all post pics of what your family eats there? Never been, might try it out.

I've only had the pizza there really, but it was pretty good pizza. We did make reservations to eat their during out next trip.

Occasionally, the Walk-Up window is Open and is very good for a slice .
They have a very generous portion slice and some tables outside .
You have to walk all the way back there to see if it is Open on the left hand side of the dining check in door.. The window is outside not inside the restaurant.
I think it is very good but not the best …Then again I like Pizza even if it is frozen . Have never had a microwaved pizza tho…

I thought it was just ok. Pasta was average and we thought the pizza was awful. I am from CT and the pizza here is great, it was similar in style but soggy, the bottom had no char. When I asked I was told they cook it like that so people don’t complain it’s burnt if they see char in the bottom. The waiter said they get a lot of complaints if they cook it properly.

Last edited:

@LoveDaisy The last time we were there the char was still apparent especially if it came out of the oven with soot marks in the front.
I found the pies a credible eat and the slices from the outside window abysmal in a fast food kind of way. Due to menu changes some items we enjoyed such as miso frito are gone but the kids still liked the meatballs and spaghetti as the sauce didn’t taste like most supermarket bottled stuff. Nothing wrong with the arancia or house salad either. We tended to eat there every visit to mollify the children.

We've only had their margherita pizza & calamari, but we love it. It's been consistent for us over the years. We just ate there last month and the food and the service was excellent.

I thought it was just ok. Pasta was average and we thought the pizza was awful. I am from CT and the pizza here is great, it was similar in style but soggy, the bottom had no char. When I asked I was told they cook it like that so people don’t complain it’s burnt if they see char in the bottom. The waiter said they get a lot of complaints if they cook it properly.

Fellow Nutmegger here, once you get out of northern NJ the pizza gets progressively worse. I won't eat pizza in FL, it's all awful. Yes, I'm a pizza snob.

I love Via Napoli but I've only ever had pizza there. I try to get a ressie there every time I go. However, I will also say I have only ever met 1 pizza I didn't like and that's St. Louis style. All you Imo's lovers can come at me, that isn't pizza and this is a hill I will die on. But, back to topic, Via Napoli pizza was very good and a large pie was able to feed 3 people, including 1 bottomless pit 13 year old dear nephew.

I love Via Napoli but I've only ever had pizza there. I try to get a ressie there every time I go. However, I will also say I have only ever met 1 pizza I didn't like and that's St. Louis style. All you Imo's lovers can come at me, that isn't pizza and this is a hill I will die on. But, back to topic, Via Napoli pizza was very good and a large pie was able to feed 3 people, including 1 bottomless pit 13 year old dear nephew.
💯

I try to get a ressie there every time I go.

We always try to get an ADR and very seldom successful.

Many times we have gone to the podium 15 minutes before they open and put our name on the wait list. 3 or 4 times we have been the very first called into the dining room when they open.

We love the pizza and arancini.

Wait staff is always friendly and top notch.

We probably been there at least 20 times as we love the Pizza (the "Naples" kind is different from what we have back home) and also love the Spaghetti & Meatballs.

The servers are always very sweet and seem to be the best of any sit down restaurant at Disney.

Be forewarned: It's VERY noisy in there. The acoustics and the many loud visitors (the larger parties especially) are so loud, it's hard to talk. So many times our ears are practically ringing as we walk out after our wonderful meal. We now try to go at an off-time.

My daughter went to college in St Louis and I was utterly shocked at how horrendously bad the pizza there is!

My family did not think it was all it was hyped up to be. Pizza wasn't anything special imo, especially for the price. Blaze pizza at DS had far better pizza at a fraction of the cost. If we were at epcot I wouldn't eat there again.

Another CT native and my in-laws are straight from Sicily - our last trip there we found the pizza incredibly soggy. We have been previously where it was better - but we like ours cooked a lot more than what we got. I don’t think we would return unless my kid insisted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter