Victoris and Alberts?

ssatterly

DIS Veteran
Do they allow kids? What type of Dress do they have? Do they have a kids menu? If so what is it. What kind of food do they have?

I don't think I have seen any children in V&A the three times I have been there.
I don't think they would "not allow" children but keep in mind this is a very expensive and loooong meal, so I doubt children are encouraged to attend, I'm not sure how long a younger child is going to tolerate a 3-hour 6 course meal.

In 2002 the Menu Price Fixe was $85/guest and the wine pairing an additional $42/guest.

There are six courses, with at least 2 choices per course.
In 2002, I had :

Australian Kobe Beef Carpaccio with Fennel and Hearts of Palm Salad
Seared Squab with Quince and Pear Compote, Lemon and Black Pepper Vinaigrette
Crayfish Bisque
Roasted Duck with Sweet Potato Puree and Pomegranate Jus
Terrine of Sorbet with Seasonal Fruits
Hawaiin Kona Chocolate Souffle
with the Wine Pairing

Men must wear suit jackets (not sure about ties) and women evening wear.
We're leaving DS (6) at the Mouseketeer Kid's Club at GF while we do V&A next trip.

I plan on doing the Platnuim plan and i will have a 6 y/o and a 9 y/o and my mother. And V&A's is included in the package. So what would you suggest we do?

We're also on the Platinum Plan...awesome, except I'll gain about ten pounds!
We were really indecisive on what to do with DS (6)because we REALLY want to do V&A again this trip.
The last two trips my mom and dad were with us, so they took him while we went to V&A.

In-room babysitting kind of makes us nervous.

So we inquired if he could go to the Kid's Club at GF instead of the Kid's Club at YC so we would be right there...just in case. With a cell phone, we would be at the GF Kid's club in minutes.

So, if your mom could take them for the night, you're in luck! You could do the later seating at V&A and your mom would only have to watch them until they fell asleep.
Or you could try what we did and opt for the earliest seating and go for the GF Mouseketeer Kid's Club.

Well then if I had my mom take them then I would be the only on at V$A's.. Cause on this trip its me My mom and my 2 kids. So when is the best night of a 7 night trip to do V&A's .. So we don't lose too much time. How later are they open? How late are the parks open durning the 1st week of Aug?

What I was thinking MAYBE is say on the 1st day at Disney since we will not go to the parks Maybe. Doing it them and also doing our spa treatments that day as well. With the Platmuim plan what spa treatments do you get?

We plan on staying at WL for our plan. For all 4 of us it is costing $7424.00.

What would you suggest for the platium plan?

We are celebration my son's 10th B-day while we are here and plan on taking the Fireworks cruise the night of his B-day..

Any help would be great!!!!

A meal at V&A's takes three hours. I can't imagine a a 6 year old and a 9 year old being able to sit through it quietly. I was just at Disney World last week with two 9 year olds and they would have been miserable at V&A's. There is no children's menu, no crayons, nothing like there is at all the other WDW restaurants. Children would not like the food.

We've dinned at V&A numerous times and have never seen a child there. I would suggest that if you and your mother want to eat there, you should leave the children in the children's club at the GF for the evening. Dress is jackets for men and cocktail dresses, etc. for ladies.

They usually have seatings clustered around 6 p.m. and another set of seatings clustered around 9 p.m. If you do the 9 p.m. do it on an evening when you're not too tired. We've done both and prefer the earlier seating. The evening after spa treatments sounds like a great idea -- very heavenly.

Also, since you're on the Platinum Plan, you've essentially already paid for dinner at V&A, so you shouldn't miss it!

Ideas for dinner on the Platinum Plan with children -- Character Dinner at Garden Grill, Morocco (live entertainment including a belly dancer who brings kids up to dance with her) Mexico (not the greatest food, but great atmosphere that kids would like), Italy, Chef's de France, Boma at AKL, Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast, lunch or dinner, Sci Fi Dine In, Prime Time Cafe, Rainforest Cafe, Mama Melrose, Coral Reef, Ice Cream Social at Garden Grill.

As for more upscale restaurants, California Grill usually has lots of kids due to the fireworks. We've seen children at Citrico's, Narcoosie's, Flying Fish Cafe, Artist Point and Jiko, although quite frankly the children we've seen at these restaurants always look tired and bored (or they've already fallen asleep in their seats!).

I hate to say it since you're obviously very excited about the Platinum Plan, but you may want to consider whether, with two children, it makes sense to do that or to go with a simpler package and pay for the nice things you want to do. Up to you, of course, but I think children somewhat limit your ability to take advantage of some of the package items. I say that from experience having gone to WDW many times with children and just with DH and me. It's a different vacation with children and generally far less "upscale".

Oops. Sorry! I guess I would opt for the Kid's club, especially since you have the two kids who can keep an eye on each other!

I believe the latest sitting at V&A is 935pm (?)

Not sure about Park Times, check disney.com

Spa Treatments 1/per guest 14 and older:
40 minute Spa manicure or
20 minute aromatherapy bath or
25 minute leg treatment or
25 minute paraffin hand & foot treatment or
25 minute sea salt body polish or
25 minute Swedish massage ( I opted for this!)

Other cool Platinum Plan stuff besides the standard Preferred Viewing for Parades and WDW Shows :
Bass Fishing excursions...sounds strange, but really relaxing...you relax while the kids fish (catch and release.)
Renting the Mickey Boats
Mini Golf is actually really fun
Family Magic Tour
Trail Ride at Fort Wilderness...but I believe you have to be 16 for this??

You have the choice for the Fireworks Cruise : WISHES or Illuminations. We've only done Illuminations because it's more convenient from YC.

This trip we're also trying :
Disney Quest
Cirque de Soleil

Not included in Plan, but fun for kids :
Pirate Cruise at Grand Floridian
Kid's Adventures in Cooking at Grand Floridian.

What do you think take a day just for that kind of stuff? What about the mini golf? Which course is better? How long does it take?

We will be there for 7 days. We want to do the water parks. can you do both of them on the same day?

What is the best way to approch everything?

Yikes! It's really hard to fit everything in. We've never even made it to a Water Park yet, but we're shooting for it this trip! I'm going for Typhoon Lagoon, because I've read it has a somewhat better kid's section.

We've only done Fantasia Golf, might try Winter/Summerland this trip, but I've read Fantasia is less crowded/hectic and we can walk from YC.

I have an Excel Spreadsheet broken out with my Days/Dates and
then Breakfast/Morning/Lunch/Afternoon/Dinner/Evening and all my Reservation #s. This way, I coordinate my meals to where I'll be that day and vice versa.

My husband thinks I'm a lunatic, but this is the only way I can stay organized.

This is our 4th trip, 3rd with DS and there's still stuff we haven't gotten to...we're actually doing 10 nights and 9 days this trip.

I'm allowing one day for each park and Bass Fishing one morning followed by one afternoon for DD and Disney Quest followed by Cirqu de Soleil that evening at 6pm.

If I gave you my whole itinerary, it would be really loooong!!

which night is best for the La Nubia show? Show you eat before or after? I want to do at leat 1 water pakr and 1 mini golf and all of the parks and some recreation. I just don't know what to do this is all just too overwhelming...

I believe that the minimum age for V & A is 12.

Cirque does 2 shows a night. I've thought about both of them- but we like to do the early show and grab a bite afterwards. The later show doesn't start until 9- so you wouldn't get out of the theater until after 10:30.

Do you already have reservations for V & A? They usually book up right away.

Have a wonderful trip!!

No I have no reservations for anything my trip is not untill 2006 I am trying to get planning as soon as i can .... I love planning and I want everything to be as perfect as I can get it.

Heck I may not even do V&A's .. It was just a tought.. Then again I may add 1 more day to my trip to fit it all in.... Who knows.. Its my and my family's 1st trip to WDW.

You have plenty of time then!!

Here's a link that will give you an idea of the choices on the menu: http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_va.htm

I believe the regular tables are able to be booked 90 days in advance. The Chef's Table bookings open 180 days in advance.

As with all Disney restaurants, be sure to mention any allergies/sensitivities so that the proper menu can be prepared for you. My DH doesn't like highly spiced foods, and is allergic to dried fruit (the preservative on them). One of our previous guests had an allergy to shellfish.

It's a wonderful experience if you can do it though........

Would be nice if you could do V&A--but I certainly wouldn't do it with children that young. Since 1988, I've only seen kids twice at V&A--both girls , in the 10-12 year old range. And one of those was quite obviously wishing she were somewhere else.

I would be LIVID if I went to V&A and there were some unruly/fussy kids there. I'm not suggesting anyone's kids in this thread *are* mind you. I'm just stating if I'm paying $300 for a meal, I expect some exclusive treatment, great food, and a relaxing, peaceful and QUIET atmosphere.

I doubt a child could eat all the courses that they bring, anyway, and the wine that is included would be wasted, too.

V&A is really an ADULT restaurant.

Cirque de Soleil runs (currently) Tuesday thru Saturday with Seatings at 6pm and 9pm. Guests must arrive at least a half hour before selected show time. There is 15 minute pre-show and the feature performance is 90 minutes.

You have plenty of time to plan. I get my best info from these DisBoards...you'll always get an answer and more!
Also, I always get Passporter Walt Disney World Resort : The Unique Travel Guide, Planner, Organizer, Journal, and Keepsake (Passporter Travel Guide Series)

Note : Your Platinum Plan Itinerary Coordinator will only contact you AFTER your trip is paid in full, so don't wait until the last minute for your final payment.

Originally posted by ssatterly

We plan on staying at WL for our plan. For all 4 of us it is costing $7424.00.

If you're planning on paying over $7000 for a week at WDW, I think you're being taken to the cleaners. I have taken a look at all of these available packages (Silver, Gold, Platinum -- pls note the spelling, UPH) and can't find any value for money spent in any of them. You could put together a much more economical plan yourself with Priority Seatings; La Nouba tickets; etc. Trust me, Disney is not giving you anything for free in the packages -- in fact, they are going to make money off you hand over fist because there will be something in the package you have purchased that you simply can't use.

If you're interested in spending over $7000, perhaps you should check out the Disney Vacation Club. The money you plan on spending is a healthy downpayment on either a new or resale membership -- and it's value you'll get to enjoy for years to come, instead of just one vacation once.

I think as part of the Platinum Plan you get unlimited child care, so the kids can do a kids club when you're at Victoria and Albert's.

We've always gone on the Grand/Platinum Plan and do not think we are being "taken to the cleaners." I won't say what 9 days on the Platinum Plan at YC costs!
We do WDW every two years and like they luxury and service that the Plan provides. We have access to an Itinerary Coordinator who makes ALL our Priority Seating arrangements and arranges our recreaction. Someone is available to us at all time to rearrange or make new PSs for us while we're at WDW. The IC sits with us upon arrival and goes over our entire schedule, and sits with us when we depart and reviews our bill with us. We have Concierge access. Priority viewing for shows, parades and fireworks. Spa service, tours, shows,water recreation, mini golf. My husband golfs and takes lessons. What is provided is far too much to list here. I just mail the IC my requests and EVERTHING is arranged for us. I make NO phone calls. We just show up.

We looked into the Disney Vacation Club and it just wasn't for us.

I won't and don't spend my vacation budgeting and juggling.

I save for two years for my WDW vacation and I enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter