**Villains After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Just got a cancellation email from Disney for my 5/8 Villains After Hours tickets. They still show up in my account at the moment, but given the email, I suspect they'll be gone soon.

Our tickets for 5/8 are gone now and the refund posted to my cc.

Got the refund for my 4/24 tickets about a week ago, give or take. We moved this particular trip (adults only) to 7/23-7/26 but there are no After Hours posted for then. I guess we will see if they add any (if they reopen by then).

Just trying to stay hopeful that our July trip will still happen and bought VAH ticket for July 10 *crossing fingers*

My 5/14 tickets disappeared about 1.5 weeks ago but reappeared yesterday. When I called, they said VAH had only been cancelled to 5/8 and they had no word yet on 5/14. I was also told that they could not refund the tickets unless they cancelled since they are non-refundable.
Edited to add: When I called last week...or maybe it was the week before (it all runs together now), the person I spoke to said they were cancelling all VAH for May and I would be refunded soon. Yesterday, it was a completely different answer when I called.

Last edited:
My May 8th tickets are still in MDE, but I did get an email about it being cancelled. Wish they would remove it so I can get my refund

My 5/14 tickets disappeared about 1.5 weeks ago but reappeared yesterday. When I called, they said VAH had only been cancelled to 5/8 and they had no word yet on 5/14. I was also told that they could not refund the tickets unless they canceled since they are non-refundable.

We canceled our June trip and I got a full refund on our Villains tickets.

Good to know, thank you! I guess I will need to try back and see if I get someone else on the phone then! We aren’t heading down there in May any longer since our cruise was canceled and we canceled our stay.

My 5/14 tickets disappeared about 1.5 weeks ago but reappeared yesterday. When I called, they said VAH had only been cancelled to 5/8 and they had no word yet on 5/14. I was also told that they could not refund the tickets unless they cancelled since they are non-refundable.
Edited to add: When I called last week...or maybe it was the week before (it all runs together now), the person I spoke to said they were cancelling all VAH for May and I would be refunded soon. Yesterday, it was a completely different answer when I called.
At 9 am today, I received an email that they were canceling my tickets. I received a refund via electronic gift card at 10:45 am today. I guess I don’t need to call and cancel after all!

How did you get a refund? Was there any process other than calling and asking? I cancelled my June trip a few weeks ago, but when I asked about my villains tickets, they said to call back and I’d get a credit. I’ve been waiting to call back until I can get a refund.

How did you get a refund? Was there any process other than calling and asking? I cancelled my June trip a few weeks ago, but when I asked about my villains tickets, they said to call back and I’d get a credit. I’ve been waiting to call back until I can get a refund.

When I called Reservations to cancel my trip due to the pandemic, I also stated that we had Disney Villains After Hours Tickets that I also needed a credit for. She said that she would transfer me to Special Tickets. I was transferred and the guy already new what was going on with my reservation. He said that he would give me a courtesy return and I got a new gift card emailed to me for the cost of the tickets that day. I used gift cards to pay for my entire trip. Maybe that is why? Because I was going to spend it with them anyway?

When I called Reservations to cancel my trip due to the pandemic, I also stated that we had Disney Villains After Hours Tickets that I also needed a credit for. She said that she would transfer me to Special Tickets. I was transferred and the guy already new what was going on with my reservation. He said that he would give me a courtesy return and I got a new gift card emailed to me for the cost of the tickets that day. I used gift cards to pay for my entire trip. Maybe that is why? Because I was going to spend it with them anyway?

Thanks--that makes sense. They offered me a credit too, but told me to call back later to get it. I'm going to hold out for a refund.

When I moved our trip from April to October (3 weeks ago), I told them I also had VAH tickets. They told me they would refund these. I asked if I could just move the funds over to MNSSHP, and they said that it needed to be a refund. They said I could pay for tickets for MNSSHP. So, I did. 3 days later, my refund posted to my acct. for the refunded VAH event tickets.

Mine was automatically refunded when my room reservation was cancelled

Mine was probably due to the fact that we have an off-property time share that we stay at....but I definitely got my money back, and was able to get MNSSHP tickets in their place....and I just changed dates for the tickets....

I rescheduled my Memorial Day trip to July today. When I asked about my VAH tickets they connected me to the Special Tickets line. They told me that my tickets had been refunded today, so they couldn’t transfer them to the July 10th date. We’ll see when the $$$ shows back up on my CC. They were able to move my dessert party though!

For anyone who cancelled VAH tickets in advance of WDW cancelling your date, how long did it take to get your refund? I know the “standard response” is 10-14 days, but I’ve always received my money much sooner....until now. Just curious when I should become concerned and call back.

For anyone who cancelled VAH tickets in advance of WDW cancelling your date, how long did it take to get your refund? I know the “standard response” is 10-14 days, but I’ve always received my money much sooner....until now. Just curious when I should become concerned and call back.

Took 3 days to show back up in my account for me....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter