**Villains After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I rescheduled my Memorial Day trip to July today. When I asked about my VAH tickets they connected me to the Special Tickets line. They told me that my tickets had been refunded today, so they couldn’t transfer them to the July 10th date. We’ll see when the $$$ shows back up on my CC. They were able to move my dessert party though!
Are you to the HEA dessert party on the same day as VAH? We are doing VAH (fingers crossed) on July 10, and I had originally planned on doing the after fireworks dessert party before all this happens. I'm a little worried since I haven't booked it yet I'll be out of luck if Disney decides not to do fireworks for safety reasons.

Are you to the HEA dessert party on the same day as VAH? We are doing VAH (fingers crossed) on July 10, and I had originally planned on doing the after fireworks dessert party before all this happens. I'm a little worried since I haven't booked it yet I'll be out of luck if Disney decides not to do fireworks for safety reasons.
There’s a 5 day cancellation policy on the dessert parties, so plenty of time to wait and see what they decide to do upon reopening.

There’s a 5 day cancellation policy on the dessert parties, so plenty of time to wait and see what they decide to do upon reopening.
I figured we could always book one once we get there if we want too, the after fireworks parties rarely sell out (I have been to a sold out party, so it doesn't happen, but out of 4 parties I've done only one sold out). I'm still just keeping my fingers crossed for everything right now

Does anyone have any guesses if more dates will be released for AH events with this going on? We were hoping to attend some AH events in September but if parks are open, I’m not too sure they will be offering these events.

Our HEA dessert party is on Saturday, but the CM was able to help me reschedule it so I didn’t have to call a third number! 😂

I did ask if they don’t do the fireworks due to social distancing for whatever reason, can we request a refund on the dessert party and she said yes. I’ll take that with a grain of salt because we all know you can get different answers from different CMs in the same department! But it leaves the door open should it become necessary.

Does anyone have any guesses if more dates will be released for AH events with this going on? We were hoping to attend some AH events in September but if parks are open, I’m not too sure they will be offering these events.
They’re never really guaranteed for that time period due to all the Halloween parties (to my recollection), I know the VAH event only went until August 8 last year so I was guessing there probably wouldn’t me more of that this summer. Who knows what they are planning going forward with AH events, they haven’t even released food & wine info so I’m not expecting much, or to at least know much for a while in regards to the fall.

Figured out what I had initially thought was my 5/8 VAH refund on my Disney gift card was actually my 5/5 DiveQuest refund. So I haven't gotten my VAH refund yet. I got the cancellation email from Disney on 4/15 so it's been over 2 weeks now. Interestingly, the After Hours cancellation email states that gift card refunds would be issued in the form of a new e-gift card rather than refunded to the original gift card (unlike DiveQuest and F&G Tea Tour - both of which have been refunded to my gift card).

Did anyone see this? According to this blog, Disney cancelled After Hours through July 6th. I have Villains tickets on June 5th, but haven't received a cancellation email.

https://magicoftomorrow.info/index....ins-after-hours-event-cancelled-through-july/

I may be missing it, but I do not see anywhere that it says through July 6 in the email from Disney. Through July 6 was added by the author. It’s possible it could just be July 6 that is cancelled. Possibly if they are excepting some crowds during the 4th.

I have June 19th and have not received anything yet but this makes sense. I've already started rescheduling to June 2021 so I would definitely welcome a refund!

I had June 29th..... JetBlue cancelled my flight so took the decision out of my hands anyway. I called... They did have to connect me to a supervisor, but they issued a refund without much fuss. I was reminded that the tickets were supposed to be non-refundable, but they recognize these aren't normal circumstances.

That blog post was a little inconclusive to me. While I have no reason to doubt it, the way it’s worded is weird. Although they certainly could be planning to cancel them all, who knows.

What’s strange is that you can still add Villians Tickets to your cart and checkout, even for that date. I am on the website daily since February and it is updated every morning.

I also added some for June 19th and was about to purchase, but decided to wait.

But a side question. How do wait times compare to DAH events? My daughter and I did DAH in February 2019 and it was amazing. I want to share this experience with my son and husband, too, but not if wait times will be longer. We aren't super interested in the villains part of it, just the lower crowds.

I have a Universal trip booked August 18 - 23. I was planning to add an afterhours event in there to get a Disney fix but now I'm wondering if I should book the Hallowe'en party? I don't really care that much about the candy so much as the limited crowds. I'm wondering if now that capacity is likely to be limited if MNSSHP will be similar in crows to after hours.

Any thoughts?

I have never attended the Villains Party before but have attended Magic Kingdom After Hours and The Halloween Party. The After Hours Events are amazing and a perfect way to experience every ride with very limited people. The Halloween Event on the other hand seemed to be more crowded than a busy day.

An update for those waiting on refunds.

As I posted earlier, I haven't gotten my refund for my 5/8 VAH tickets even though I got the cancellation email on 4/15. So yesterday, I finally decided to call CS, and the CM told me that the refund was processed on 3/16 and that it went back on my original gift card. I told her that I had been monitoring the balance of my gift card so I knew that the amount had not been refunded to it. When I mentioned that the cancellation email stated that tickets purchased with gift cards would be refunded to an e-gift card, she dropped her statement about it going back on my gift cards, and said that if the email said e-gift card, then that is what would happen, and that I should have received an email. I told her I have not received any emails with e-gift cards, and she put me on hold for a few minutes. When she came back, she told me she needed to do more research, and would have to call me back.

Today, she called back and said that the After Hours refunds were delayed, and that it might take until 5/25 to get my refund.

TLDR: CM said After Hours refund processing is delayed, and I might not get my refund for 5/8 VAH (cancelled 4/15) until 5/25.

I have never attended the Villains Party before but have attended Magic Kingdom After Hours and The Halloween Party. The After Hours Events are amazing and a perfect way to experience every ride with very limited people. The Halloween Event on the other hand seemed to be more crowded than a busy day.

Yeah, we love DAH...worth every penny. But Villians won't be worth it if we have to wait in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter