**Villains After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Just wanted to point out that it’s not like all the DAH events have been all candy canes and lollipops either. It’s like any Disney event... things (reviews) tend to ebb and flow. Some nights are more attended than others for various known/unknown reasons. Although generally speaking reviews tend to slant positive far more often than not.

Yeah, they varied for sure. Our DAH was during a POTC refurbishment and also a freezing cold night so Splash was not a good option for most. If I remember, the walkways were nowhere near deserted like many of the reports had talked about but everything besides 7DMT was a walk on.

Could I just check with fireworks go on like usual on a villain night? We have a reservation at California Grill and was hoping to see the fireworks

Also would magic kingdom be busier in the morning when the villain night was on? Or just normal attendance during the day?

Thank you
The event starts after regular operating hours, so won’t affect daytime attendance like MNSSHP or MVMCP does. Regular entertainment (fireworks) goes on as normal.

I loved VAH when I did it in August, rode all the rides I wanted at least once, but I was hoping (like many others) to get a regular DAH for my trip. They've also completely skipped over my late January/early February trip which really bums me out, I don't enjoy AK AH at all when I'm alone so I don't want to go to that. I will probably end up booking the July 10 since that's two days in to our anniversary trip and I am already planning a HEA fireworks dessert party for that night anyway, might as well, I'm just hoping the outrageous price scares off some people (thankful for the AP discount!)

We'll be there for one of the Wednesday dates in March---so weird that only a few aren't on Fridays. Our young adults are very excited to attend the event! Four of us did a DAH in July 2018 and thought it was an amazing time, and the DVC discount didn't hurt lol

I don't have to decide because it is not going on during our trip in Feb. We would have used it as a Magic Kingdom day for DH rather than using one of his non-expiring ticket days, but no interest in the villains stuff, so probably would not have gone anyway.

I did DAH in Feb 2018 solo and DH and I did it in Feb 2019. I'll be back solo in May for 5 nights and it is not happening during those dates either. Just not to be for me this year.

Do DVC members get early access to this event similar to MNSSHP? For instance if ticketed guests can start entering at 7, can DVC get in at 4 or 5? Considering going on 4/3 as we get in that morning and weren't going to do a park day, but this might be worth it.

IF we still go at the end of April/beginning of May, 2020, the May 1 date would be the event for us. With the AP discount, it's at least in the ballpark of plausible. Sigh.

Big question now is when will they extend the dates at AK and then will they bring back after hours at DHS? I'd be awfully tempted to do both AK and DHS before this villains thing at MK. I appreciate that there are fans who love villains, but man I hate that we lost our regular DAH to this.

I really enjoyed VAH, but I do understand the loss of the regular DAH could be a problem for some. Maybe with so many more dates some will be less crowded.

Last edited:
Do DVC members get early access to this event similar to MNSSHP? For instance if ticketed guests can start entering at 7, can DVC get in at 4 or 5? Considering going on 4/3 as we get in that morning and weren't going to do a park day, but this might be worth it.

No, to date they have not offered a similar DVC early access benefit for the After Hours series of events.

I’m personally bummed that it’s not a true DAH event, but life goes on. I live by the motto, Change is Inevitable. So now we’re deciding if we want to stay up until 1AM and if it’s worth the $145 each for my wife and I.

Right now on Feb 14 the Villains After Hours is slated to run 10PM to 1AM, however the current posted park hours are from 9AM to 8PM, will they clear the park for the two hours or is this a possible predictor that park hours might change and be open until 10PM?

I’m personally bummed that it’s not a true DAH event, but life goes on. I live by the motto, Change is Inevitable. So now we’re deciding if we want to stay up until 1AM and if it’s worth the $145 each for my wife and I.

Right now on Feb 14 the Villains After Hours is slated to run 10PM to 1AM, however the current posted park hours are from 9AM to 8PM, will they clear the park for the two hours or is this a possible predictor that park hours might change and be open until 10PM?
I had the same question for the April 3rd event. Park is slated to close at 9, and VAH form 10-1.

Can I piggy back off the above questions? Do they make more of an effort to clear day guests for VAH than DAH. IIRC during DAH they weren’t making anyone leave they just couldn’t ride.

Can I piggy back off the above questions? Do they make more of an effort to clear day guests for VAH than DAH. IIRC during DAH they weren’t making anyone leave they just couldn’t ride.
From what I have read the intent is to usher people out, but some nights were more successful at that than others.

Clearing the park makes sense in a lot of ways, IMHO. If they are putting up overlays for any rides. During our 1/18 DAH even well into the night people were trying to sneak on, and the CMs were being polite but slowly you could see they were getting frustrated too.

I'm thinking of going but I'm confused about the timings - the park closes at 8 but the event starts at 10, what's actually open in those two hours?

We will be going to the May 14th VAH party for sure. We did regular DAH this year and my husband and I thought it was fantastic. On our night even SDMT was walk on to a 10 min wait tops.
For this party we will just go into it with different expectations as to the crowd level but I am sure we will still have a great time.
As others have pointed out, with so many dates added I am hoping it will spread the attendees out a little and it will become a less of a rush to do it before its gone kinda thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter