decoy7375

On your left...
REVIEWS:

Post #589 in this thread reports on 9/1 Soiree

First MNSSHP! thread has reports

WDWinfo
http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2014/09/02/villains-soiree-wickedly-disappointing/

WDWnt
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2014/09/revie...more-at-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

Reservations:

There are reports of some nights being sold out. I am hesitant to list the dates here since some have been able to still get a reservation on those same nights. Please take this information for what it is worth. It is as accurate as I can get from posted reports.

If you are trying for a reservation for one you may be better off asking for a reservation for two. Some have reported success with this method after being told there were none available for one. It has been suggested that you say the second reservation is for a child under the age of three so that you don't have the second charge or call back in 24 hours and adjust your reservation down to one.

Also, keep in mind that many people seem to be making reservations with intent of canceling if the first event reports are poor.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here is an updated listed on what has been changed from the 2013 to the 2014 MNSSHP. Thank you...Disney Princess83

Same Characters on offer from 2013

7 Dwarves
Captain Jack Sparrow
Aladdin, Abu, Jasmine and Genie
Jafar (moved from Main St to Adventureland)
Tarzan, Jane and Terk
Winnie The Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet
Alice in Wonderland and The Mad Hatter
Mickey (wearing Halloween outfit. During later parties in 2013, he would appear in regular day outfit)
Boo, Needleman, George Sanderson and Sulley (Dance Party in Tomorrowland)
Lotso (moved from Main St to Tomorrowland)
Buzz Lightyear
Donald and Daisy
Minnie Mouse
Jack Skellington and Sally
Goofy

Following Characters appear in identical outfits as during the day during the party

Ariel
Gaston
Merida
Tiana (used to meet with Naveen, who has now been removed)
Tinker Bell (previously met with a Fairy Friend which has been removed)

Changes/Additions of Characters from 2013

Queen of Hearts (meeting with Alice and Hatter. Previously only at Mix and Mingle)
Aurora and Snow White in Fantasyland (previously met in PFH with their Princes)
Frollo (only appears at Club Villain or Soiree. Previously at Mix and Mingle)
The Tremaines (only appears at Club Villain or Soiree. Previously met on Main St)
Dr. Facilier (only appears at Club Villain or Soiree. Previously at Mix and Mingle)
Captain Hook (only appears at Soiree. Previously at Mix and Mingle)
Cruella (only appears at Club Villain or Soiree. Previously at Mix and Mingle)

Removal of Characters from 2013

Flynn Ryder
Prince Charming
Snow Whites Prince
Prince Phillip
Naveen
Maleficent (excluding Soiree)
Queen Grimhilde/Snow Whites Queen (excluding Soiree)
Woody, Jessie and Bullseye
Tinkerbells Fairy Friend (they have been removed entirely)

New Characters in 2014

Anna and Elsa (meetable during the day)
Queen Grimhilde in Hag Form
Governor Ratcliffe (appeared at Club Villain 9/1)

Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle
Join Lady Tremaine and her villainous friends at the witching hour for the season’s most decadent dessert party. Taking place during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary-Halloween Party, it’s the Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle!

Set within the majestic halls of Cinderella’s Royal Table, don’t miss your chance to meet a menagerie of malevolent special guests—all while you indulge in devilish desserts and wicked entertainment.

As the evening continues, follow fellow Guests to the dining room, where the surroundings have transformed into an upscale, villainous atmosphere. Inside, enjoy the eerie entertainment as a piano player provides live music, accompanied by a few haunting solos from Lady Tremaine herself.

By purchasing a ticket to both Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and the Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle, you’ll receive preferred viewing for the 8:15 performance of Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade, as well preferred viewing for the Happy HalloWishes Fireworks Spectacular.

Plus, you’ll be treated to the Dessert Soiree at Cinderella’s Table—a delightful affair where you can feast your senses on Lady Tremaine’s eerie musical talents, over-the-top desserts and specialty non-alcoholic beverages. You’ll even receive an autograph card and a souvenir Maleficent dragon cup!

Admission

Admission to the Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle is available for $99 per person, plus tax (gratuity included).
Please be aware that admission to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is required and is not included in the price.
In addition, be aware that Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is a special ticketed event and is not included with admission to Magic Kingdom park.
Reservations

Online booking is not available for the Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle. To make a reservation, please call (407) 939-5262. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Reservations are highly recommended for the Dessert Soiree at Cinderella’s Royal Table, taking place at both 10:15 PM and 11:45 PM on September 1, 9 and 12, 2014; and at 10:15 PM only on September 14, 16, 19, 21, 23, 26, 28 and October 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 13, 16, 17, 19, 21, 23, 24, 26, 28, 30 and 31, 2014.
Check-In

To check in for the event, visit the Will Call booth outside the main entrance of Magic Kingdom park from 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM. Starting at 7:30 PM, you may check in at the parade and fireworks viewing area in the central plaza by the Castle Forecourt Stage.
Once you have checked in, you’ll receive a wristband identification, which must be presented to enter the preferred viewing areas and Cinderella’s Royal Table.
If you choose not to participate in the preferred parade or fireworks viewing, you can check in at Cinderella’s Royal Table at your designated seating time.
Additional Information

Entertainment and character appearances are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
Reserved viewing for Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade is for the 8:15PM performance only.
Wrist bands are non-transferrable and will not be replaced if lost or stolen.
Please be advised that seating is not provided at the preferred parade or fireworks viewing. Wheelchairs and Electronic Conveyance Vehicles (ECVs) can be accommodated in the viewing areas and at Cinderella’s Royal Table.
Disney dining plan entitlements may not be redeemed for this event.
Offer may not be combined with any other discounts or promotions.
There are a limited number of tickets available for this event.

I'd do it if I were already planning on the party, but since I'm not, I'm balking at buying a party ticket just to do the add-on.

.......... because things went so well at Villains Unleashed Saturday night? :rolleyes2

I have to say it makes me a little uncomfortable that some prime viewing for the parade will be blocked off from people already paying admission to the special event. Wishes I don't care about because they are watching from an area previously not available to guests.

.......... because things went so well at Villains Unleashed Saturday night? :rolleyes2

I have to say it makes me a little uncomfortable that some prime viewing for the parade will be blocked off from people already paying admission to the special event. Wishes I don't care about because they are watching from an area previously not available to guests.

Hopefully, since it's a dessert party, it will run a lot smoother. Then again, it is Disney, so I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to cram 1,000 folks in CRT.

Doesn't seem the same at all. It's in the restaurant, that's not a big restaurant, and by law they can't exceed restaurant capacity. There won't be tons of tickets available for this.

As for prime viewing being blocked off for those paying extra...this is how it's going to be from now on. After the success of the Star Wars and Frozen packages at DHS I would definitely look for more based on what WDW thinks the guests would be willing to pay extra for. (full disclosure. I did the Star Wars package. It was great. Not doing the Frozen one but I dont want to spend all day messing around with Frozen.)

$99 is a tad steep, and the party hours are fairly short to take an hour just for this, but I gotta say I'm intrigued.

Not a fan. Another $99 a head for this? WDW is nickel-and-diming (if $99 can be called that) a little too much for me these days. I guess I'll be among the normal MNSSHP plebes.

A private party in the castle, with food, characters, live entertainment (Lady Tremaine sings??) and priority viewing for the parade AND the fireworks? Yeah I think it's worth it...the only reason I'm not doing it is because I'm not doing the party.

Doesn't seem the same at all. It's in the restaurant, that's not a big restaurant, and by law they can't exceed restaurant capacity. There won't be tons of tickets available for this.

As for prime viewing being blocked off for those paying extra...this is how it's going to be from now on. After the success of the Star Wars and Frozen packages at DHS I would definitely look for more based on what WDW thinks the guests would be willing to pay extra for. (full disclosure. I did the Star Wars package. It was great. Not doing the Frozen one but I dont want to spend all day messing around with Frozen.)

The difference to me is that those events were not already an event with a separate cost. Guests at MNSSHP have already paid extra to be there. This is a special event within a special event. And I'm fine with it until it starts blocking off prime space previously available to other guests for parade viewing.

The difference to me is that those events were not already an event with a separate cost. Guests at MNSSHP have already paid to be part of the special event. This is a special event within a special event. And I'm fine with it until it starts blocking off prime space previously available to other guests for parade viewing.

Still. This is the way it's going to go. They've learned guests will pay extra for the prime space, even if they've already paid to be in the park. I'd look for something similar coming for the Christmas party too.

Not a fan. Another $99 a head for this? WDW is nickel-and-diming (if $99 can be called that) a little too much for me these days. I guess I'll be among the normal MNSSHP plebes.

:thumbsup2 we've never done a hardticket event, but I can't imagine I'd do BOTH.

I like the wishes dessert party, but its $100 my whole family. - and during the high crowd Christmas week season its nice to be out of the masses. I can't see dropping $400 on top of the party tickets? But some ppl must be willing or they wouldnt do it right? :confused3

Still. This is the way it's going to go. They've learned guests will pay extra for the prime space, even if they've already paid to be in the park. I'd look for something similar coming for the Christmas party too.

Oh, I know. And I'm sure you're right about MVMCP too. Doesn't mean I like it. Nor does it mean I wouldn't do it! :rotfl2: Actually I'd probably give it some serious though if I didn't suspect that special parade viewing area will be overpopulated, negating the benefit of having a reserved area.

Not that many years ago, all guests once inside a park were on equal footing with regard to experiencing attractions. I'm as fiscally conservative a dude as you can get, but this trend still saddens me.

A private party in the castle, with food, characters, live entertainment (Lady Tremaine sings??) and priority viewing for the parade AND the fireworks? Yeah I think it's worth it...the only reason I'm not doing it is because I'm not doing the party.

Yes, a private party with 10,000 of your closest friends. Once again, Disney will oversell and the Kool Aid drinkers will keep chugging..

Yes, a private party with 10,000 of your closest friends. Once again, Disney will oversell and the Kool Aid drinkers will keep chugging..

it's in the restaurant. By law they will not be able to exceed the capacity of the restaurant. That restaurant does not hold 10,000 people. I think it has a top capacity of about 200. They're doing 2 sessions at some of the parties so that's a max of 400 in the priority viewing. Which does seem like a lot but I don't know where the priority viewing is.

Not that many years ago, all guests once inside a park were on equal footing with regard to experiencing attractions. I'm as fiscally conservative a dude as you can get, but this trend still saddens me.

The Disney money grabbing machine will roll on until people stop buying. Special events within special events is only the start.

$170 per person to eat dessert and watch a parade? :faint: i agree with your later post that disney is heading down a sad path.

The difference to me is that those events were not already an event with a separate cost. Guests at MNSSHP have already paid extra to be there. This is a special event within a special event. And I'm fine with it until it starts blocking off prime space previously available to other guests for parade viewing.

I agree with you. Disney is saying "ok, you have paid extra to get in, but you are still second class as these people are willing to pay more"

For our family, desserts and a spot to watch parade/fireworks, seems very silly to fork over $99 per person. Not real interested in the characters that might be there, I have met The Tremaines several times, once all together, with Cinderella and The Prince at MVMCP, and not for an added cost on top of the party ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter