Vintage WDW Ticket Media & Memorabilia Pictures

CAJUNWDWFAN

Do or Do Not, There is No Try!
A few months ago I discovered some old ticket stubs from some family trips to WDW back in the late 70's and 80's. Hope you all like this look back. These pictures remind me of some of the best times of my life.

Feel free to add your own vintage pictures.

The first pictures is of the envelope that we received our reservations in for our July 1980 trip. Note the November 1979 post mark.

WDW-Envelope-1979-01.jpg

Polynesian Review Child Ticket Front

Poly-Revue-Child-Ticket-01-Front.jpg

The back of that same ticket, date stamped used on June 29th, 1980

Poly-Revue-Child-Ticket-02-Back.jpg

Polynesian Review Adult Tickets Front

Poly-Revue-Adult-Tickets-01-Front.jpg

The back of that same tickets, date stamped use on June 29th, 1980

Poly-Revue-Adult-Tickets-02-Back.jpg

Moonlight cruise child's ticket (I can't remember exactly what this was)

Moonlight-Cruise-Child-Ticket-01-Front.jpg

the back of that moonlight cruise child ticket, date stamped on July 3rd, 1980

Moonlight-Cruise-Child-Ticket-02-Back.jpg

Moonlight cruise Adult tickets front

Moonlight-Cruise-Adult-Tickets-01-Front.jpg

the back of the moonlight cruise adult ticket, date stamped on July 3rd, 1980

Moonlight-Cruise-Adult-Tickets-02-Back.jpg

Half ticket stub to the Diamond Horseshoe Revue

Diamond-Horseshoe-Ticket-01.jpg

Here is the hotel bill for our stay at the Contemporary Resort. $88 a night!!

Contemporary-Receipt-01-1980.jpg

Page two of our bill

Contemporary-Receipt-02-1980.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed these pictures. More to come. I have more ticket memorabilia and old park maps/books to scan.

Oh, great idea for a thread!!!! I'll have to find some of my stuff. It may take awhile due to a garage sale next week, but I love this idea!!

wow i really enjoyed seeing all that old media! especially the contemporary bill! my parents and i stayed there many times ... but $88 was ALOT back then! :goodvibes

Notice on the Poly Revue tickets, that was back when the legal drinking age was 18 in Florida.
Yeah, I'm old and I remember that!

Here are a few I have (many more just havent taken a pic or scanned them):

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

Those are very cool! I have some similar as well that I haven't scanned. Maybe tonight. I love this vintage stuff. Keep it coming!

thanks!

here is some more that I scanned.

Child's Magic Kingdom 3-Day Passport, Front

MK-3-Day-Passport-Child-Ticket-01-Front.jpg

Child's Magic Kingdom 3-Day Passport, Back, River Country admission stamped

MK-3-Day-Passport-Child-Ticket-02-Back.jpg

Pioneer Hall Revue Child's Ticket, Front

PioneerHallRevue-Child-Tickets-01-Front.jpg

Pioneer Hall Revue Child's Ticket, Back, stamped/used

PioneerHallRevue-Child-Tickets-02-Back.jpg

Pioneer Hall Revue Adult Tickets, Front

PioneerHallRevue-Adult-Tickets-01-Front.jpg

Pioneer Hall Revue Adult Tickets, Back, stamped/used

PioneerHallRevue-Adult-Tickets-02-Back.jpg

Vintage parking Ticket, front

Parking-Pass-01-Front.jpg

Vintage parking ticket, back

Parking-Pass-02-Back.jpg

Adult Magic Kingdom 3-Day Passports, Front

MK-3-Day-Passport-Adult-Tickets-01-Front.jpg

Adult Magic Kingdom 3-Day Passports, Back, one River Country admission used

MK-3-Day-Passport-Adult-Tickets-02-Back.jpg

Pioneer Hall Hoop Dee Doo Revue Reservation Card, July 1st, 1980

PioneerHallRevue-Reservation-01.jpg

Four food ticket stubs from miscellaneous restaraunts, Pueblo Room, Terrace Cafe, and Coral Isle Cafe at the Polynesian

Dining-Tickets-01.jpg

Resort IDs

WDW-Resort-ID-01-Front.jpg

The backs of those IDs

WDW-Resort-ID-02-Back.jpg

Breakfast a la Disney at the Disney Village July 3rd, 1980

Breakfast-a-la-Disney-01.jpg

Polynesian Revue June, 29th, 1980 Reservations

Polynesian-Revue-Reservation-01.jpg

Contemporary Resort Reservations, 1980

Contemporary-Reservations-03.jpg

Contemporary-Reservations-02.jpg

Contemporary-Reservations-01.jpg

here is some more that I scanned.

MK-3-Day-Passport-Child-Ticket-02-Back.jpg

This says "World Cruise to Discovery Island." Is it referring to Discovery Island in Bay Lake between CR and WL? :confused3 If it is, I never knew that Island was used for anything. I've always used my own imagination and thought of things Disney could do with it but I never knew it was used for anything in the past.

This says "World Cruise to Discovery Island." Is it referring to Discovery Island in Bay Lake between CR and WL? :confused3 If it is, I never knew that Island was used for anything. I've always used my own imagination and thought of things Disney could do with it but I never knew it was used for anything in the past.

Yes you are correct Discovery Island was an attraction that you could visit. It was a separate charge to go there. It was a small "zoo" with birds and reptiles.

here is a link to wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_Island_(Florida)

Sadly it closed in 1999 when Animal Kingdom opened up. It's overgrown and very few people go there anymore. It's not open to the public.

I just so happen to have some pictures that we took in 1980 when we went to Discovery Island

12-23-2008_025.jpg

12-23-2008_026.jpg

12-23-2008_027.jpg

12-23-2008_029.jpg

12-23-2008_030.jpg

12-23-2008_031.jpg

12-23-2008_032.jpg

12-23-2008_033.jpg

Yes you are correct Discovery Island was an attraction that you could visit. It was a separate charge to go there. It was a small "zoo" with birds and reptiles.

here is a link to wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_Island_(Florida)

Sadly it closed in 1999 when Animal Kingdom opened up. It's overgrown and very few people go there anymore. It's not open to the public.

I just so happen to have some pictures that we took in 1980 when we went to Discovery Island

Wow! I honestly think it's a shame that they don't use it anymore :sad2: It's something I personally would be interested in seeing. Seems like it was a neat experience but it makes sense that it was closed during the opening of AK. Most people wouldn't want to pay extra for that, I suppose. Thanks for leading me to more info, btw. :thumbsup2 I really hope that one day they decide to make something of it again. Maybe tie it into WL somehow with something adventurous on the island for guests to enjoy. I'd hate to see it go to waste:confused3

Check out the price tag. I am not sure exactly what this box was supposed the be for but I have to guess it is from the 60's or early 70's.

box2.jpg

box3.jpg

box5.jpg

box4.jpg

looks like it might be some sort of trash can / waste basket

Well, it is kinda small. Only about 7" tall with the opening being about 3" x3" ???

I had one person tell me it might be a "string box". Of course I said "what is a string box?".

She said they used to save string (years ago) for tying things like we use twist ties on our bread or bags of hot dog buns.

Nice story, could be, but I really dont know.

But, just imagine being able to buy something at Disney for $1 :)

So Cool! Thanks!! My first time in WDW was June of 1979 as a 25 year-old, married mommy of one and expecting the second! Stayed at the Poly!!

Very cool!

Anyone notice that the adult ticket for the Moonlight Cruise was for those over 12 rather than now when you're an "adult" at 10?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter