Vintage WDW Ticket Media & Memorabilia Pictures

My husband's grandmother had this gem hiding in her house - a 1968 Disneyland fold-out map. I had to stand on my kitchen chair to try and get the whole thing in the picture. We are pretty sure she has some more stuff lying around her house, and will find out tomorrow! (I did try to auto-fix these, but photobucket is still showing the original version!)

That is an amazing map, and quite valuable!

Did everyone read the names of the shops- Tobacco shop- never in 2010!!

Speaking of Tobacco shop. Here is a picture from my first trip to WDW in July 1977, Look closely to the left side of the picture, "Tobaccanist" :)

12-23-2008_005.jpg

What a fascinating thread. Thank you to all who have posted pictures on here!

Did anyone notice in the first post the warning legal drinking age was 18 or over? Does anyone know when it changed?

Recovered some jems at my parents house this weekend~ ENJOY

Old WDW map from early 1970's
DSC03092.jpg

DSC03093.jpg

DSC03088.jpg

DSC03094.jpg

DSC03095.jpg

DSC03096.jpg

The Dumbo drawing is priceless!:
DSC03084.jpg

Hard cardboard map from 1980's (with wheel) that showed a "dot" on location on front of map and more info on back- Front:
WDW1983001.jpg

Back of it:
WDW1983002.jpg

EPCOT map- it was also a hard cardboard map with pages and wheel:
EPCOT001.jpg

Inside pages:
EPCOT002.jpg

EPCOT003.jpg

Map of Disney grounds from 1970's:
Disney1977wholemap.jpg

I've got that huge MK map from the 70's, too. It's really special. I really need to frame it.

Couple more items I came up with-

Various shopping bags over the years:

When it was just the MK
IMG_0007.jpg

Just MK and Epcot
IMG_0004.jpg

MK, Epcot, and MGM (at the time)
IMG_0003.jpg

And all 4 Parks
IMG_0002.jpg

25th Anniv
IMG_0001.jpg

Couple more items I came up with-

Various shopping bags over the years:

When it was just the MK
IMG_0007.jpg

Just MK and Epcot
IMG_0004.jpg

MK, Epcot, and MGM (at the time)
IMG_0003.jpg

And all 4 Parks
IMG_0002.jpg

25th Anniv
IMG_0001.jpg

The art on the first couple bag is the inspiration for the art work for next years' pin event called "The Florida Project" September 9-11th

Recovered some jems at my parents house this weekend~ ENJOY

Old WDW map from early 1970's
DSC03092.jpg

DSC03093.jpg

DSC03088.jpg

DSC03094.jpg

DSC03095.jpg

DSC03096.jpg

The Dumbo drawing is priceless!:
DSC03084.jpg

Hard cardboard map from 1980's (with wheel) that showed a "dot" on location on front of map and more info on back- Front:
WDW1983001.jpg

Back of it:
WDW1983002.jpg

EPCOT map- it was also a hard cardboard map with pages and wheel:
EPCOT001.jpg

Inside pages:
EPCOT002.jpg

EPCOT003.jpg

Map of Disney grounds from 1970's:
Disney1977wholemap.jpg

Wow I never knew fort wilderness had a train.. I know that's long gone...

James

Wow I never knew fort wilderness had a train.. I know that's long gone...

James

Well... Not Entirely.

The train cars that are in front of Pleasure Island (used to be ticket booths) are from the old Fort Wilderness train.

The following come from a booklet that was available at some point before WDW opened in 71... I don't own the book, it's not mine, I didn't scan it, I just found the pictures online and copied them... if it's a problem I'll take them down, but otherwise I wanted to share with fellow fans.

fc_fs.jpg
if_fs.jpg
01_fs.jpg
02_fs.jpg
03_fs.jpg
04_fs.jpg
05_fs.jpg

(only going to put a few per post... is that better than all of them?)

16_fs.jpg
17_fs.jpg
18_fs.jpg
19_fs.jpg
20_fs.jpg
ib_fs.jpg
bc_fs.jpg

So... that's all.. Kinda interesting... Makes me wonder what the "preview center" was like, and where exactly it was.. and what sits there now!

staxia, thank you for posting that! I read most of it and its really interesting to read what "future" attractions and plans happened and which ones didn't.

"With the technical know-how of American industry and the creative imagination of the Disney organization, I'm confident we can build a living showcase that more people will talk about and come to look at more than any other area in the world." - Walt Disney

I also found the statement I've quoted above fascinating. I think its amazing that even before it opened, Walt could predict how popular and how much of a success WDW would become... and they were already calling it the "vacation kingdom of the world". wow.

staxia............ WOW! :thumbsup2
Thank you for posting this!!! it's fantastic!!!

I was wondering what would happen if we sent in $.65 to the address and requested a copy!!! AND..... that $.65 INCLUDES postage!!! :lmao:
wow!!

The "Preview Center" was located on Hotel Plaza Blvd. Its still there today and is occupied by the Amateur Athletics Union.

Here is a fairly recent pic followed by a pic from when it was the actual preview center.

previw05.jpg

prvwctr1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter