Virtual Queues with DAS guests

When we went during opening it was beyond frustrating that we were tied to that 1 hour window. We did end up going in our 1 hour window as I did not want to have to visit the blue umbrella once again that day. As others have pointed out you have to wait the same amount of time to ride attractions. For us that is simply not the case as we normally go to the attraction much later than the return time to try and settle down and remind DS what we are about to experience step by step. It would have also been nice to have had MDE recognize that we had DAS and automatically convert the VQ to DAS so that we didn't have to do so when getting up there.

Overall DS liked the ride but was more thrilled with picking out and opening the locker with the magic band.
So you said that you need to explain to your child what will happen and that takes time. Can you start that process earlier, so that by the time that your VQ time pops up, you are ready to get on? They do give you an estimate of when your time will be called.

So you said that you need to explain to your child what will happen and that takes time. Can you start that process earlier, so that by the time that your VQ time pops up, you are ready to get on? They do give you an estimate of when your time will be called.
They do give estimates however for us they kept changing them remembering things is not DS strong point. Our family does attempt to explain things before we are called however DS has to be ready to comprehend what we are saying and that takes time to get to that state of mind along with the fact that DS actually has to process the information.
DS is classified as an adult using Disney standards but would not be able to tell you DS's birthdate let alone so we have to continuously repeat information in a way that is understandable.

This is why being able to comeback after the time that has been called is beneficial to us as we are able to do on other attractions.

We had another VQ for later in the evening thanks to Extending Evening hours but we just let it go to not have a repeat of earlier in the day.

DAS only gives an alternate place to wait instead of having to wait in the standby queue. As per Disney's website, if there are other issues, they ask that you speak to them about your concerns. DAS can be chosen from MDE on your phone, so not sure why you had to go to guest services/blue umbrella multiple times in a day, but I understand the frustration.

We were having phone/service issues the entire trip and even had issues with disney wifi as well.

Not everyone wants to skip the standby queue for some of the newer attractions - so not everyone wants their DAS moved to the LL queue for Tron and GoG. I'm going to try to access both standby queues this time, I think - depending on how I feel at the time.
That is a good point as the experience is certainly different but I feel they could at least give the option to convert it for you.

Yes, they probably could, but how hard is it to walk up and tell them that you're using a DAS?
To be quite honest very hard as we were there opening week and it was crazy. You could not do it at any blue umbrella it had to be specific cast members up on the Tron bridge. So you first had to wait in one line to then get redirected to the special cast members. Disney is basically forcing you to use smartphones now so since they have gone that way I don’t know why they couldn’t ask the question on the app or during the interview ask if you have a virtual que attraction would you prefer the limited que or the full blown one.

Don’t get me wrong the phone is nice as you no longer have to walk to each attraction or find a blue umbrella to get a return time unless you are like us and your phone no longer likes you :(

They do give estimates however for us they kept changing them remembering things is not DS strong point. Our family does attempt to explain things before we are called however DS has to be ready to comprehend what we are saying and that takes time to get to that state of mind along with the fact that DS actually has to process the information.
DS is classified as an adult using Disney standards but would not be able to tell you DS's birthdate let alone so we have to continuously repeat information in a way that is understandable.

This is why being able to comeback after the time that has been called is beneficial to us as we are able to do on other attractions.

We had another VQ for later in the evening thanks to Extending Evening hours but we just let it go to not have a repeat of earlier in the day.
You just might have to wait a couple of years until the VQ falls off for that ride. We all have our limitations in life, sadly. But at least you can look forward to another trip.

It is a 1-hour window and I haven't heard that you need to be at the attraction before your boarding group is called, just to arrive within that 1-hour window. And it's only being enforced on TRON; Guardians is still lax about the return time. That said, it has been rumored that DAS holders are given an extra hour to report to TRON, but I honestly don't know how accurate that is because I've read others who were turned away - maybe they were more than an hour past the time.

Is your son unable to arrive at the attraction until he feels ready? Or just may need to wait to board? Once you check-in at the attraction and get your boarding group converted to a DAS, he probably isn't held to the strict window if he needs another 10-15 minutes before joining the queue or standing back at the boarding point as long as you remain in that area.

My issue with the TRON VQ is that the estimated callback time is way off, with many folks reporting their boarding group gets called as much as 3 hours earlier. I think WDW needs to adjust their estimates to be more accurate.
Is GoTG still allowing DAS guests to return late for their VQ time slot?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter