Virtual summer series 2022?

I don’t know what runDisney is planning for a theme, but I’ve decided what I want them to do: 90’s era cartoons. Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop, Tail Spin, Gargoyles (I would give them all my money if they’d give me a Goliath medal).

I would also accept this theme for next year’s Springtime Surprise. OMG, can you imagine A Goofy Movie theme for one of the races? They could have a Powerline concert out on one of the boring highway sections!

They’ve been merching this stuff out lately, so it would fit right in with what they’re doing anyway.

Looks like the Summer Series theme is….Frozen! Full announcement coming on Monday

rD Instagram
I was not in a good place mentally heading into marathon weekend this year. I knew I was physically ready, but the pandemic did a number on my mental health due to the introduction of never ending stress that hit my job which is not in the medical field. While listening to Disney songs the day before I left for Marathon weekend, "This Will All Make Sense When I am Older" randomly showed up in the rotation and in that randomly weird way, it made me laugh and feel immensely better about everything. So for one race weekend, Olaf joined Rhino the Hamster from Bolt as my running spirit animal.

I'm really hoping that Olaf is not the challenge medal.

I bet the bling will look better In person but with doing 3 of the 4 live weekends in the 21-22 season gonna pass (plus I also have that great Olaf medal from W&D 2019)

I was so excited when they announced the frozen theme, but I’m kind of bummed about these medals. Last year’s Lion King ones were so awesome with the 3D! These all just look… the same.
Same... when I saw frozen, I was like I am going to buy the whole thing. But these look like they put a sticker on it :( I am hoping they are at least interactive and have a real snow globe effect. I think, if it is a real snow globe then I will do one of them. Since they are all kind of the same and save some money.

Last edited:
rD has displayed medals for future races at the race Expos, but I do not remember if they have displayed virtual medals. We will know when the Springtime Surprise Expo opens in a couple of days.

rD has displayed medals for future races at the race Expos, but I do not remember if they have displayed virtual medals. We will know when the Springtime Surprise Expo opens in a couple of days.

They do typically have the virtual series medals on display at the Expo if they've been announced. I'd say there's a pretty good chance you'll get to see them in person.

Same... when I saw frozen, I was like I am going to buy the whole thing. But these look like they put a sticker on it :( I am hoping they are at least interactive and have a real snow globe effect. I think, if it is a real snow globe then I will do one of them. Since they are all kind of the same and save some money.
Didn't notice this when I first saw but I think there's a good shot that they're going with this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter