Voicemail question

tlbwriter

Does this look infected?
I'll admit, I have phone issues, and it's a lot easier for me to just send e-mail! But since you guys want voice mail, I'm going to do it. However... at what point do I give my contact information? You're going to edit it out, right? Do I give that first? Last? Will I get instructions when I call?

As soon as you leave your SSN, DOB, & credit card #. :teeth:

I usually call and say "Hi, this is Jane Doe and my email address is"...then I pause a few seconds and leave the voicemail where I state my name again, and ask a question or leave a comment.

I'm glad you inquired about this though as I always wondered if I was doing it right.

Ok I have a few tips on making a phone message question for the podcast.

First off write down what your question is you want to ask.

As calypso*a*go-go says
I usually call and say "Hi, this is Jane Doe and my email address is"...then I pause a few seconds and leave the voicemail where I state my name again, and ask a question or leave a comment.
Take your time doing this part so Julie can write it down and get back to you.

Next thing is practice reading the question to check to see how it is going to flow.

Now here is a tip. Practice by calling your own answering machine at home from your cell phone and leave the message. Then go and play the message and listen to how it sounds. Once you are happy and comfortable with what you wrote, call in for real and leave the message.

Hey if you get it screwed up you can always call back again for a second shot at it. Just note at the beginning of the second call mention you want to try again and please DELETE, DELETE, DELETE the first message.:thumbsup2

Both times I've called, I've led off with what I assume would be aired and then do a pause and then leave my full name and contact info. I got contacted when they played my voicemail, so I guess this way works as well!

Like Bob suggested, I actually typed up a "script" of what I wanted to say so I wouldn't be fumbling. It makes a huge difference! I tried doing one this past weekend on the fly and totally forgot half of what I wanted to say:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter