VOTE: First Night Dinner

WHERE IS THE MOST FUN GOOD FOOD FOR FIRST NITE DINNER??

• Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom; plus see Main Street & maybe a chance for a ride (plus have 1/2 hop

• Boma

• Chef Mickey's

• Boardwalk Restaurant (which one?)

• Ohanas

• Kona Cafe

• Cape May Cafe

• Liberty Tree Tavern (going on MNSSHP)

• Plaza Restaurant

• EPCOT World Showcase Restaurant (which one?)

• Cape May Clambake Cafe

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

fairytinkerbell

<font color=purple>The music in the Disney Plannin
Where should we eat our first nite? We want to get in the Disney spirit
and want an entertaining atmosphere..... :cheer2:

We were going to go to AK then MK for dinner at Crystal Palace and that way we'd be able to walk on Main Street and see stuff (entertainment)...... then wondering
if we should go to Boma instead (but then worry about getting stomach upset from different-type food??) Chef Mickey's?

Let me know what you think and WHY>>>>> and remember please

VOTE>..
..... please place your VOTE! :drinking1:

Hi,

DW, DD3 and i really enjoyed eating at CP. Its a buffet style and you get to see pooh and friends, DD3 loved the characters. Besides you get to see the castle from main street, and not to sound to corny but thats where WDW began. Go for CP and MK.

Have fun, Jim.:wave:

I don't think anything get's you more in the Disney spirit than Chef Mickeys. We are doing it as our first dinner at WDW and as our last breakfast. We were dissapointed with the food at CP, but we are also not really Pooh freaks, we prefer Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto. To us- Mickey IS Disney.

my choice was lecellier but messed up and hit other...surprised how many said ohana's!

Love the atmosphere and it really gets you in the mood.
O'hana's is our last night dinner.

We usually arrive at night, we do not go to parks until the next morning. We typically have dinner that night at Rainforest Cafe in DTD. Then walk around the DTD area and go to bed early to prepare for the rest of our stay.

We usually get in sometime in the late afternoon on arrival day and then we like to hit the MK. We like to grab a quick meal at one of the counter eateries so that we can get a few rides in before the fireworks. Then we use PS's at sitdown dinners for the rest of our trip.

The counter meals are also a good idea for the first night because you might arrive and/or get checked in later than expected, and you won't be tied down with a reservation for a specific time to eat.

DisFlan

We like to do the Hoop-De-Doo the first night. It keeps the day relaxed and a great way to start our vacation! We generally do the 5 pm show so we are back in our room, not too wound up to sleep and have an ealry rising for the park in the a.m. :) :)

Fun to hear everyone's first day "traditions" :)

Chef Mickey's is traditionally our first meal once we get to WDW. The only time this has not happened was on 8/13/04....yep, Hurricane Charley shut it down.....no CMs for us. But it has great atmosphere and the food is fine. Great way to start your visit. You get to see Mickey and his buddies without waiting in a long line.

Wow, the poll really lets you see clearly one way or another......
Thanks to all who voted! :wavey:

still can't decide, i saw a video clip of Chef Mickey's and now can't remember where.....can someone describe the atmosphere of this place?? Why does it get you in the disney mood??? :tongue:

Lots of people will probably respond but Chef Mickey's is GREAT esp if you have little ones with you. It's in the Cont Resort, so you can even hear (maybe see?, can't remember) the monorail gliding past..<sigh>makes my heart skip a beat just to think of it!! I can almost SMELL the Cont!

I digress...anyway...Chef Mickey's has the Mouse himself (others of the Fab 5) and it's a happy and relaxed atmosphere. Last time I was there the food was so-so, but it is fun. If I had still has kids I think it would be a great place to start!

Still buffet all you can eat?

This time next week 1st day at the Poly :wave2:

By the way - people who post here from the resort - do you take a laptop along or does Disney have computers available?

I didnt want us to be tied down to any specific plans or PSs on our first night. Our flight gets in at 12:30pm and most of the afternoon will be spent at the resort. I've tentatively planned for dinner at ESPN Club and then touring DTD, but that could change. We don't have little ones, so that is not a concern for us.

Without little ones it can be both kind of weird at first but so freeing to do and go and see whatever and whenever!

I've learned to love it, but I am ready and waiting gfor grandbabies to take one day.

Enjoy! ESPN sound slike fun.

If you want to get pumped for the rest of your trip, go to Chef Mickey's!! It's just a monnorail ride or 5 minute walk from the MK so you can still walk down Mainstreet and watch Wishes which brings me to tears every time!!!!!

We've eaten at many of your choices but voted for Crystal Palace because on our last trip we just by chance were able to get into there for dinner on our first night. I think it is the start of a tradition!
The food is great, the restaurant is beautiful and the characters are fun and cute. We were able to leave dinner and go right to Main Street to catch a spot to watch the parade and fireworks. Couldn't have asked for a more perfect first day!

I voted for CP, this way you get max time in MK that night without have to waste time in trasit from an off-site restaurant to the park.

That said, my 2nd choice would be either Chef Mickey's or 'Ohana, since you can catch the monorail from both the CR and Poly, either gives you easy access to the park.

And here's why:

You said you wanted to get into the Disney spirit and that you wanted an entertaining experience with good food. Ohana fits the bill on all 3 counts! The Polynesian is such a magical place - it truly has the Disney Magic and "Spirit." Ohanas is a fun, upbeat family atmosphere with fabulous food. You couldn't have an experience like you'll have at Ohanas anywhere else. You'll definitely know you're at Disney.

You also mentioned that you wanted to go to MK. So, after your dinner, hop on the monorail and cap off the night with the parade and fireworks.

Or, if you're feeling lazy from all of the food forget going to MK. You can see the electrical water pageant and the fireworks right there at the Poly beach.

Aloha!

PamNC

We usually don't go to a park the first day and have dinner at Downtown Disney. We are going to be at the world in two weeks and are thinking of trying a restaurant in the Boardwalk area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter