VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Hey @sleepydog25 .

I have a trip planned for August 20-27 ro celebrate my twin boys birthday! So excited to stay in the refurbed rooms.

As well, I will be at DHHIR for Marck Break! Can't wait to check it out!
I got you on Page 1, though I didn't add the March break one yet since you didn't indicate dates. I can gladly do so if you wish.
Ring Ring Ring…Hollywood calling Sleepy!!
Couldn't help but laugh at this! Theater (and offshoots like this film work) is a passion of mine, and I appreciate the kinds words everyone has. If any of you are feel so moved, I'm sure Logan would appreciate you giving him a thumbs up or even subscribing to his YouTube channel. He's a great young man with a real quirky sense of humor, as you can see. He's already written two more episodes for us to film next month!

Enjoy this day, Groupies! Happy Holidays!!

I got you on Page 1, though I didn't add the March break one yet since you didn't indicate dates. I can gladly do so if you wish.

Couldn't help but laugh at this! Theater (and offshoots like this film work) is a passion of mine, and I appreciate the kinds words everyone has. If any of you are feel so moved, I'm sure Logan would appreciate you giving him a thumbs up or even subscribing to his YouTube channel. He's a great young man with a real quirky sense of humor, as you can see. He's already written two more episodes for us to film next month!

Enjoy this day, Groupies! Happy Holidays!!
Subscribed this AM. Just saw the Christmas video, all I can say is I will watch who I go into timeshares with from now on :teeth:

We took the week off for Christmas for some much needed respite. So what do I do? End up working on a L shaped bench for our daughter and her family for their dining table(cant stay still for very long or I get stiffened up :teeth: )

So anywho, as I'm building this thing, what should I do to remind myself I'm still on down time, but listen to some Wilderness Lodge music on Spotify. Remember the ol' days when we used to buy the music CDs, burn the music onto another CD to create our WL playlist? Wait, burn what? I told my kids one time that I didnt want to burn the music, they had to explain this to me. My true good ol days go back so far I remember having an 8 track player in my Jeep, in fact, I still own a few of those 8 track cassettes.

Speaking of cassettes, I had those too. And still own vinyl records, some 45 originals of Elvis, Little Richard, Beach Boys, etc. that my Uncle gave me when I was a kid.

Again, not relevant to WL except to say, I'm feeling nostalgic, missing WL these days, struggling with wishing I could be there, all the while, my parents are aging, so I'm wanting and needing to be here too. Luckily my folks are both here with us, Dad is 91, Mom is 82. I was in the shop playing said WL music and asked Dad if he remembers our stays there, he does and he remembers the music too.

Sorry to ramble, just feeling a bit nostalgic, misty eyed thinking of the past, and how WL is such a huge part of the past with family and friends

We took the week off for Christmas for some much needed respite. So what do I do? End up working on a L shaped bench for our daughter and her family for their dining table(cant stay still for very long or I get stiffened up :teeth: )

So anywho, as I'm building this thing, what should I do to remind myself I'm still on down time, but listen to some Wilderness Lodge music on Spotify. Remember the ol' days when we used to buy the music CDs, burn the music onto another CD to create our WL playlist? Wait, burn what? I told my kids one time that I didnt want to burn the music, they had to explain this to me. My true good ol days go back so far I remember having an 8 track player in my Jeep, in fact, I still own a few of those 8 track cassettes.

Speaking of cassettes, I had those too. And still own vinyl records, some 45 originals of Elvis, Little Richard, Beach Boys, etc. that my Uncle gave me when I was a kid.

Again, not relevant to WL except to say, I'm feeling nostalgic, missing WL these days, struggling with wishing I could be there, all the while, my parents are aging, so I'm wanting and needing to be here too. Luckily my folks are both here with us, Dad is 91, Mom is 82. I was in the shop playing said WL music and asked Dad if he remembers our stays there, he does and he remembers the music too.

Sorry to ramble, just feeling a bit nostalgic, misty eyed thinking of the past, and how WL is such a huge part of the past with family and friends
I will put on the Wilderness Lodge music on YouTube sometimes. So nice to hear that music but sure do miss being there. Glad you can be there for your parents.

I know this is about the BW and not the Lodge but a lot of this is effecting the Lodge and I thought you guys would like to see this. It hurts to see my other favorite resort being made so vanilla and all of the charm being removed. I am so worried for the Lodge and the other resorts. I don't understand why they are doing this.

I know this is about the BW and not the Lodge but a lot of this is effecting the Lodge and I thought you guys would like to see this. It hurts to see my other favorite resort being made so vanilla and all of the charm being removed. I am so worried for the Lodge and the other resorts. I don't understand why they are doing this.
I agree with everything he says. Ha! I had a three-paragraph long soap box note typed and just deleted it. In short, this isn't our Disney of old, and either we learn to live with it or we back away. I will say, DLI, it's all about the money...more than ever before.

I agree with everything he says. Ha! I had a three-paragraph long soap box note typed and just deleted it. In short, this isn't our Disney of old, and either we learn to live with it or we back away. I will say, DLI, it's all about the money...more than ever before.
It does look very much like the Grand Floridian update - a sad move on Disney's part.

Seems as though DVC was the first to jump on this trend of homogenizing the rooms to look "updated" and in turn they were lambasted by members, particularly owners, for doing so. Now they've taken the 180 and are bringing back the themed style as we see in the BR updates.

The hotel side is one or two steps behind and did not learn from DVC's mistakes.

I have my phone/car set up to automatically start playing the resort loops on my phone when I start the car. It not only tells me "Hey, you left your phone in the house" should I not hear that familiar music, but it relaxes me and makes me look forward to the drive.

I have fond memories of being a young teenager and opening that Walkman WM-2 on Christmas morning, not really knowing what it was at first but looking up to see my dad beaming in joy, he loved gadgets and this was an expensive gift he talked my mom into. It was the only gift I got that Christmas from my parents but I loved it and got so much use out of that thing. Wish I still had it. I still have all the tapes stored in a case as I own a stereo that can play them should I want to, but I know every cassette by heart so no reason to.

Last edited:
I have my phone/car set up to automatically start playing the resort loops on my phone when I start the car. It not only tells me "Hey, you left your phone in the house" should I not hear that familiar music, but it relaxes me and makes me look forward to the drive.

I have fond memories of being a young teenager and opening that Walkman WM-2 on Christmas morning, not really knowing what it was at first but looking up to see my dad beaming in joy, he loved gadgets and this was an expensive gift he talked my mom into. It was the only gift I got that Christmas from my parents but I loved it and got so much use out of that thing. Wish I still had it. I still have all the tapes stored in a case as I own a stereo that can play them should I want to, but I know every cassette by heart so no reason to.
I believe that is also the Walkman I received for Christmas one year! Also probably the only gift (other than candy canes or such in a stocking) Loved it. Had/have the case for my cassettes etc. too. I think I even still have the Walman around somewhere.

Oh my. The Bellevue is sad to be sure. The new coffee shop??? And seating area that apparently went into what used to be the concierge desk but hasn't been used for a long time. Did they bring over extra furniture from the Contemporary? I'm speechless for Boardwalk and amazed that the BRV rooms got some attention to theming.

We made Whispering Canyon ADR for breakfast tomorrow so we can see the decorations in the lodge this year. We went to MK today, we bought a day ticket so we could see the parade. We stopped to have this Photo Pass taken. I really like it’s festive look. Season’s Greetings and Happy New Year from Bobbi and Tom.

C705DA90-0C08-4AE2-A521-7A23E63A719F.jpeg

Hi!
1672948767516.jpeg

We have been enjoying VB since Tuesday, and will be heading home on the auto train tomorrow. ( We booked two trips before we realized they do not refund, and we didn’t like the first. We were totally unable to rest/sleep in the tiny compartment. However, $800 credit is just too much to leave out there, so we board again tomorrow!)

We love seeing this tree, we come to Vero just about every January, and have two nights again later this month before a cruise.

109E2B41-3ACD-4858-8286-93DAF618C7AF.jpeg
Dear Tom couldn’t sleep very well last night, and he guessed the reason was the Grinch stole the Christmas tree, it’s not up today.

Groupies, I am so happy to say that I booked 4 nights with girlfriends next December at VWL two bedroom, and hope to add a night on at 7 months. I hope that works out, but at any rate, we‘ll definitely be there.

Tom and I will stay there in September, in a one bedroom after the DVC MC. It seems the MC’s aren’t particularly popular with Groupies, but if anyone here is going, let’s plan an “in person” meet!

Hi!
View attachment 730003

We have been enjoying VB since Tuesday, and will be heading home on the auto train tomorrow. ( We booked two trips before we realized they do not refund, and we didn’t like the first. We were totally unable to rest/sleep in the tiny compartment. However, $800 credit is just too much to leave out there, so we board again tomorrow!)

We love seeing this tree, we come to Vero just about every January, and have two nights again later this month before a cruise.

View attachment 730005
Dear Tom couldn’t sleep very well last night, and he guessed the reason was the Grinch stole the Christmas tree, it’s not up today.

Groupies, I am so happy to say that I booked 4 nights with girlfriends next December at VWL two bedroom, and hope to add a night on at 7 months. I hope that works out, but at any rate, we‘ll definitely be there.

Tom and I will stay there in September, in a one bedroom after the DVC MC. It seems the MC’s aren’t particularly popular with Groupies, but if anyone here is going, let’s plan an “in person” meet!
We love taking the train but it isn't for everyone. This past trip was hard because I had a hard time having to use the top bunk this time. I think I'm just too old for it anymore. Getting up there and trying to move around in that small space was a lot harder this time. If we ever do it together again we will have to get 2 roomettes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter