VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Okay okay...so jokes aside, the thing is I am trying to go on this quick solo trip while my hubster is on his business trip. Out of the 3 trips he's scheduled for up until June, the June one would work out the best but that's the one the airfare is the most expensive!! Ugh~! 😒

Okay okay...so jokes aside, the thing is I am trying to go on this quick solo trip while my hubster is on his business trip. Out of the 3 trips he's scheduled for up until June, the June one would work out the best but that's the one the airfare is the most expensive!! Ugh~! 😒
As a west coaster I'm finding that the further out the trip the more expensive the tickets are priced. If you're ok having a credit you could book now and then rebook if the fare drops. Or else I recommend waiting to book the airfare if you can see that the seat openings are more than 1/2 of the plane. Then set up a price alert.

In case anyone didn't see it on the other areas of the board...I'll soon have 150 more BRV points! That puts us at 200pt total which is a lot more than the 50 we thought we'd stick with for a while. I'm excited though! Hoping we'll be able to book a 1-bedroom for 6 nights in January once the points arrive! We'll need to borrow some from 2025 but I think that's fine.

Hi groupies!

So I might have a chance to do a 2-3 nights solo DVC resort stay only within the next couple months. Kidani SV studios (ideal resort only stays) are widely available in July...but the dilemma is...airfare!! It is so annoying that I can get a RT nonstop flight to MCO in 3 weeks for less than $400 (from west coast), but it's almost $500 in July...gaaaahhh!! why?! 😒 #RealFirstWorldProblems

I'm dreading seeing what flight prices will be for us. We like to fly Southwest and our January dates should be showing up on their site in a few weeks. Honestly, if flights to SNA are better, we could end up sticking with our VGC we booked for January. But I suspect MCO may be better.. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Either way...I'm sure prices will be too high for my liking!

As a west coaster I'm finding that the further out the trip the more expensive the tickets are priced. If you're ok having a credit you could book now and then rebook if the fare drops. Or else I recommend waiting to book the airfare if you can see that the seat openings are more than 1/2 of the plane. Then set up a price alert.
Yep I already have the price alert setup for multiple itineraries. I think it depends on the destination. Right now I'm looking at all the way through December (with Delta), pretty much any other months are cheaper than the ones I wanna go! (and also Thanksgiving and Christmas) Of course right? 🤪 I also listed my points to rent out, so if that happens, I wouldn't mind either.

I'm dreading seeing what flight prices will be for us. We like to fly Southwest and our January dates should be showing up on their site in a few weeks. Honestly, if flights to SNA are better, we could end up sticking with our VGC we booked for January. But I suspect MCO may be better.. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Either way...I'm sure prices will be too high for my liking!
It's January so it shouldn't be too bad! MCO should be pretty reasonable.
It's still a little early to buy but I'm watching the August SNA flights closely...right now they are pricey! Even though we are flying between Tue-Thurs both ways. I can't change our travel dates coz we are going to D23 ultimate fan event.

In case anyone didn't see it on the other areas of the board...I'll soon have 150 more BRV points! That puts us at 200pt total which is a lot more than the 50 we thought we'd stick with for a while. I'm excited though! Hoping we'll be able to book a 1-bedroom for 6 nights in January once the points arrive! We'll need to borrow some from 2025 but I think that's fine.
I know you were looking for awhile, so happy for you!

9f718f01-1120-4d50-a1bb-631fb564b591_text.gif

Clara…we are all excited to hear your news! Thanks for sharing it with us!

My thinking process if I were in your shoes goes like this...I am in a unique situation, I have never visited WDW by myself, so it would be a whole new experience. Its another $100 from now, but, I only live once. I would go for it, unless, the money would put me in dire straits once home.

I hope this helps a little

That's a rental RV? It looks so nice!!
Its a 2023 Forest River Surveyor with bath and half. It is nice, and the process dealing with Meachems was very easy. This is our 1st time ever "glamping" as they call it. Still learning the little quirky things that goes along with a camper, but all in all, its comfortable, beds especially.
Yesterday started off with heavy rain so it kept us inside which can feel a bit claustrophobic at 1st. But the rains subsided enough for us to ride to Trails End and hang out in that area for a bit.
Today is a different story, everything looks so fresh with rain cleaning everything off and the sun gleaming. My, how one day can make a difference!

Great idea!

Have you been on the Wish before? Have a great cruise!
We never have. Our only 3 cruises prior to this have been on the Fantasy. AnnieT and her hubby, who live in Cocoa invited us to go with them and this was the time that worked out best for us all.
Have you been on the Wish, if so any tips or not to misses? You steered me to B&J Seafood near Brunswick, so I know your advice is great:goodvibes

@jimmytammy, what I especially like on the Wish is the artwork…if you saw the videos of the making of the Wish, look for little things like the wooden model that was used to describe what was being worked on.

Some of my pictures ..This is one dining room
IMG_5133.jpeg
The mural in our bedroom

IMG_2488.jpeg
In the small movie theater

IMG_2484.jpeg
The model ship

IMG_1101.jpeg

Remember, there are no midship elevators!

If you cannot do steps, but want to be in front of the Walt Disney theater, you can enter the theater on level 2. It’s very convenient.

One problem that bothered me a lot is the adult pool is inaccessible! Yes,I have complained!! I did use one of the round pools on a day that very few were on board, but on the Merritime Cruise in December, the pools were always too crowded. Our next cruises are on the Magic where there is a lift to take me into/out of the pool!

Have a great time! :boat:

Last edited:
@jimmytammy, what I especially like on the Wish is the artwork…if you saw the videos of the making of the Wish, look for little things like the wooden model that was used to describe what was being worked on.

Some of my pictures ..This is one dining room
View attachment 848120
The mural in our bedroom

View attachment 848123
In the small movie theater

View attachment 848124
The model ship

View attachment 848125

Remember, there are no midship elevators!

If you cannot do steps, but want to be in front of the Walt Disney theater, you can enter the theater on level 2. It’s very convenient.

One problem that bothered me a lot is the adult pool is inaccessible! Yes,I have complained!! I did use one of the round pools on a day that very few were on board, but on the Merritime Cruise in December, the pools were always too crowded. Our next cruises are on the Magic where there is a lift to take me into/out of the pool!

Have a great time! :boat:
Thank you for all the great info Bobbi

Have you been on the Wish, if so any tips or not to misses?
We went on the Wish last year. A few tips/recs-

If you want to check out Hyperspace Lounge, do it on the 1st day. Right after the Let's Set Sail party, we walked around the ship and went there, there was barely anyone in the lounge, maybe 10 people at most. During that time, most people are still busy settling in, unpacking and what not and also getting ready for dinner, so that's probably why it wasn't busy.

The Wish is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! To me, that whole ship is like a very beautiful Disney museum. Stunning art work everywhere and especially in 1923...wow! I could spend all day just walk around the ship, checking out all the art and details. So if you're staying on the ship when you dock at the Bahamas, that would be a wonderful time to walk around. Or if you're an early bird like me, I walked around the ship at like 6am, it was so peaceful and I loved it. It works too if you're an night owl! Oh speaking of night time...Kiss Goodnight in the grand hall that happens nightly at 10pm or midnight is pretty cool! Most people lay on the grand hall floor to watch that (that's not me, no thanks), we just sat on the steps on that little "stage" and just look up, it was still pretty great!

Mickey's BBQ on the pool deck is pretty good. We were pleasantly surprised quick service can churn out quite good BBQ. Unless you're from one of the BBQ capitals then you might think they are so-so? lol!

Maybe because it was our first ever DCL experience, I know a lot of seasoned DCLers don't like the Wish, but I LOVED IT! 😍

We went on the Wish last year. A few tips/recs-

If you want to check out Hyperspace Lounge, do it on the 1st day. Right after the Let's Set Sail party, we walked around the ship and went there, there was barely anyone in the lounge, maybe 10 people at most. During that time, most people are still busy settling in, unpacking and what not and also getting ready for dinner, so that's probably why it wasn't busy.

The Wish is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! To me, that whole ship is like a very beautiful Disney museum. Stunning art work everywhere and especially in 1923...wow! I could spend all day just walk around the ship, checking out all the art and details. So if you're staying on the ship when you dock at the Bahamas, that would be a wonderful time to walk around. Or if you're an early bird like me, I walked around the ship at like 6am, it was so peaceful and I loved it. It works too if you're an night owl! Oh speaking of night time...Kiss Goodnight in the grand hall that happens nightly at 10pm or midnight is pretty cool! Most people lay on the grand hall floor to watch that (that's not me, no thanks), we just sat on the steps on that little "stage" and just look up, it was still pretty great!

Mickey's BBQ on the pool deck is pretty good. We were pleasantly surprised quick service can churn out quite good BBQ. Unless you're from one of the BBQ capitals then you might think they are so-so? lol!

Maybe because it was our first ever DCL experience, I know a lot of seasoned DCLers don't like the Wish, but I LOVED IT! 😍
Thank you
More great info

Hi groupies!

So I might have a chance to do a 2-3 nights solo DVC resort stay only within the next couple months. Kidani SV studios (ideal resort only stays) are widely available in July...but the dilemma is...airfare!! It is so annoying that I can get a RT nonstop flight to MCO in 3 weeks for less than $400 (from west coast), but it's almost $500 in July...gaaaahhh!! why?! 😒 #RealFirstWorldProblems
Man, do I feel your pain. I can all but guarantee the fares will go down. I fly around 4-5 times a year and lately there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the fare changes. Sometimes it is by the minute!

The sweet spot used to be about 60 days out. We’ve had our April trip planned to WDW for at least 7 months and the airfare had been really high up until last week! Even after I booked it went even lower so I was able to cancel and rebook at the lower fare. I don’t know who you are planning to fly but if possible, book a fare that allows changes (for example, JetBlue allows you to cancel and rebook with no fee if you choose their Blue or Blue extra fares). That way, you know you have a seat, and can rebook quickly when you see the fare drop.

I also recommend Hopper for monitoring fares, it’s been pretty accurate! Good luck, but, I do concur with Sleepy - just do it!

Went to MK yesterday and it was packed, to the point, they stopped Park Hopping! We ate at Tonys which had been a few years, but was very good. We caught the train afterwards and did 3 trips around then stopped off at Frontierland. I got some good videos of the train as we were in the car just behind the Lilly Belle engine. So I sent videos to our DD who shared them with my grandson who loves trains. We went to Hall of Presidents then Philharmagic. Philharmagic has added a Coco segment but didnt remove any others. Coco was done very well! After that we left the park to not deal with crowds anymore(Im gettin old y'all :rotfl2:)

We caught boat to WL and GP were we grabbed a bite, then boat back to FW. But then a magical moment happened. Fireworks started so our Capt. steered us left of Discovery Island and allowed us to watch the whole show! But even more so, there were these 3 little boys, and they had a blast with it. Their Uncle/Dad was really egging the show on which prompted the kids even more. I got some good video and tried to share here, but just cant get it to show up as a video. :confused3 Just when I think I get this tech stuff figured out, bam!! Granny knows my issues:goodvibes

Oh, one more thing, just saw a turkey walking past our camper. At 1st, I thought Casey(AKA as Capt. D)had slipped out of the camper, but alas, it wasn't him, it was a "real turkey" :teeth:. If he sees this, he will roll his eyes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter