VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I saw posts about the crowds at MK yesterday. Is it just due to Spring Break or something else going on?
The week after Easter is always very busy due to Spring Breaks linked to it, and this year it coincided with some other Spring Breaks that aren’t linked to Easter. The week before and week after Easter are historically second only to Christmas to New Year’s week as busiest at WDW. DVC busiest weeks don’t match exactly, which you can see by points charts.

Went to MK yesterday and it was packed, to the point, they stopped Park Hopping! We ate at Tonys which had been a few years, but was very good. We caught the train afterwards and did 3 trips around then stopped off at Frontierland. I got some good videos of the train as we were in the car just behind the Lilly Belle engine. So I sent videos to our DD who shared them with my grandson who loves trains. We went to Hall of Presidents then Philharmagic. Philharmagic has added a Coco segment but didnt remove any others. Coco was done very well! After that we left the park to not deal with crowds anymore(Im gettin old y'all :rotfl2:)

We caught boat to WL and GP were we grabbed a bite, then boat back to FW. But then a magical moment happened. Fireworks started so our Capt. steered us left of Discovery Island and allowed us to watch the whole show! But even more so, there were these 3 little boys, and they had a blast with it. Their Uncle/Dad was really egging the show on which prompted the kids even more. I got some good video and tried to share here, but just cant get it to show up as a video. :confused3 Just when I think I get this tech stuff figured out, bam!! Granny knows my issues:goodvibes

I would have done the same thing and just leave the park! In my 20s, I totally would have stayed and do whatever I could to make the best of it so it's "worth it". But now I'm like...omg get me outta here and I wanna just chill somewhere w/ a nice adult bevvie! 😂

That's so awesome! True magical moment! It's the little things like this about Disney CM that makes our vacation so unforgettable!

BTW, whenever anyone gets pixie dust/magical moments, I hope you remember to do a Cast Compliment on the MDE app for those CMs! That's what counts for them and it makes them really happy. I can speak to that because I was a CM once and those compliments truly make our day! We didn't have teachy stuff and app back then, we had secret shoppers! :tiptoe:Our managers would share them during our huddle (if they were positive feedback haha), and those things can turn a real bad day to an awesome one!

Man, do I feel your pain. I can all but guarantee the fares will go down. I fly around 4-5 times a year and lately there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the fare changes. Sometimes it is by the minute!

The sweet spot used to be about 60 days out. We’ve had our April trip planned to WDW for at least 7 months and the airfare had been really high up until last week! Even after I booked it went even lower so I was able to cancel and rebook at the lower fare. I don’t know who you are planning to fly but if possible, book a fare that allows changes (for example, JetBlue allows you to cancel and rebook with no fee if you choose their Blue or Blue extra fares). That way, you know you have a seat, and can rebook quickly when you see the fare drop.

I also recommend Hopper for monitoring fares, it’s been pretty accurate! Good luck, but, I do concur with Sleepy - just do it!
Right?! I thought it was just me! LOL! We fly about the same amount every year, and in the past, 8-10 weeks is the sweet spot for domestic airfare, but not anymore. I noticed it last year when I was looking at flights for Hawaii for Sept and Dec, there were a lot of amazing last minute deals as long as you weren't traveling during the major holidays.

We fly Delta pretty much exclusively unless the price and schedule don't make sense, but that rarely happens as our home airport is one of Delta's hubs. If I book main cabin, I can modify it without any fees, but canceling I will only get a credit instead of refund. That isn't a big deal since we fly them so much and the credit will get used up within months. BUT I still avoid doing that unless I have to. I actually only did that once and it was in 2021. LIterally days after I bought our tickets, Delta did a BOGO!! Yeah like real BOGO! So I booked the same exact flights with the promo, then cancelled my original ones, and the credits were used later that year.

Well...I actually have good news...continuing in the next post....😁

Well well...Happy Friday groupies!! :goodvibes

Well...this morning on the way to work, the hubster was driving and I was doing my usual stalking on the DVC site and guess what...Kidani studios SV available Labor Day weekend!! I gasped, had to look at it twice then my fingers couldn't move fast enough to book it! 😂 I booked 3 nights but might modify to 2 nights because I still need to figure out about how many points we will need for our 2025 trip. This might no longer be a solo trip, because I don't think hubs has a biz trip during that time but regardless, it's secured and I'm happy because Labor Day airfare is cheaper!! (for now at least) So yay!:cool1:

Welp, the SNOW that fell on Thursday is almost gone - though I do still see remnants on our deck and part of our yard. 🙄😵‍💫

We cannot get to FL fast enough!
We spoke to a fellow at FW who said they had been here for 2 months, leaving the next day and he couldn't wait to get back home to the cold. Wait, what??

AK was more manageable yesterday than MK the prior day. In fact, it was a tad coolish so it made for a nice experience, coolish but sunny, great combo. We did all the big stuff, Avatar, KS, EE and Dino, ate a bite at Nomad, then went to Sanaa later. Good day and a lot more laid back and relaxed. We did buy GP and LL for Avatar.

GP was over $30 yesterday, same today for HS, but we aren't adding Star Wars ROTR to the mix. We really like Slinky Dog so unless we get there at crack of dawn, or pay for GP, we aren't getting close to that ride. Star Tours has changed as of yesterday so we will hit that one along with ToT. Eating at 50s, got an Ogas Jessie too, and may try to see Yee Ha Bob later tonight.

We rode around FW last night on the golf cart after getting back. Wow, they get a huge turnout for Campfire sing along. Didn't realize its that popular!

AK was more manageable yesterday than MK the prior day. In fact, it was a tad coolish so it made for a nice experience, coolish but sunny, great combo. We did all the big stuff, Avatar, KS, EE and Dino, ate a bite at Nomad, then went to Sanaa later. Good day and a lot more laid back and relaxed. We did buy GP and LL for Avatar.

GP was over $30 yesterday, same today for HS, but we aren't adding Star Wars ROTR to the mix. We really like Slinky Dog so unless we get there at crack of dawn, or pay for GP, we aren't getting close to that ride. Star Tours has changed as of yesterday so we will hit that one along with ToT. Eating at 50s, got an Ogas Jessie too, and may try to see Yee Ha Bob later tonight.

We rode around FW last night on the golf cart after getting back. Wow, they get a huge turnout for Campfire sing along. Didn't realize its that popular!
Sounds good so far other than the Genie+ prices. Aack!
What has changed on Star Tours? It's not an every trip thing but that sounds like we need to check it out this time.

Sounds good so far other than the Genie+ prices. Aack!
What has changed on Star Tours? It's not an every trip thing but that sounds like we need to check it out this time.
GP was considerably lower this AM than the previous days. I could tell the crowds, even on a Sat were lower than they had been the prior 2 days. The campground has a lot less campers too. Spring breakers must have gone home.

Star Tours added Ashoka and Cassian Andor, along with a scene from the Ashoka series with the space whales called Purrgil. That name came from sechem32 AKA Liz), I'm not that big of a Star Wars fan to remember that.

HS was very nice yesterday, the temps and the crowds. 50s had one of the best meals I have ever eaten at WDW in a long time. Simple fried chicken(I'm a southern boy, and these folks know how to make it good)to the point I asked our waitress to pass along my compliments to the chef. We were there early, 11am, so maybe it being freshly cooked helped, not sure.

We spent a lot of time checking out the campground via golf cart after getting back late afternoon. Then watched my favorite NC State Wolfpack lose to Purdue. It's been 37 years since they were in the final 4 during the Jimmy V days and it was almost like a repeat of that Cinderella story(for those that remember). I was a Sr. in high school then and most folks in my area are either Duke or UNC fans. So its extra exciting for us Wolfpack fans when we can make it that deep. In fact, the womens basketball team made it to the final 4 as well, but both got knocked out. Oh well, in another 37 yrs I will be 96 and may not care anymore :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter