VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Since I wasn't home this morning (left for the hospital early) I did not get the email or a chance to try till late this evening and there was no availability. But that is ok, since Kati and I usually give out before 10 pm. She was not upset at all.

Update on my son: Clay got a trach this afternoon and the doctor said everything went well and when he looked in the lungs, they were clean!! He might be moved to the specialty hospital in the next 5 - 7 days. There is still a lot of questions and a possible surgery when he gets stronger on his kidneys. As I said a lot of questions, but no answers yet. He has been a real trooper especially since he has not been able to communicate very well. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers and yes, we still need them.

Since I wasn't home this morning (left for the hospital early) I did not get the email or a chance to try till late this evening and there was no availability. But that is ok, since Kati and I usually give out before 10 pm. She was not upset at all.

Update on my son: Clay got a trach this afternoon and the doctor said everything went well and when he looked in the lungs, they were clean!! He might be moved to the specialty hospital in the next 5 - 7 days. There is still a lot of questions and a possible surgery when he gets stronger on his kidneys. As I said a lot of questions, but no answers yet. He has been a real trooper especially since he has not been able to communicate very well. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers and yes, we still need them.

Thanks for the update Kathy! Prayers are continuing :grouphug:

We too missed out on the 9am call/online deal, got home last night and both days were gone. Oh well, we poop out early too so probably not meant to be

Thank you so much Kat!!! Has anybody ever stayed in one of those weird shaped two bedrooms that kind of jut around maybe the staircase? 4519 & 4528 3519 and 3528? Wonder what the layout is like? I feel like I have seen you talk about them being goo?
Our 1st experience with a 2 bed in any resort was in one of those corner rooms. We were on the 2nd floor facing the pool area. We loved it and any other 2 beds anywhere are compared to that stay. I remember the CM at the front desk said you are going to love this room and she was right! Would love to get that room again someday!!

I was 'in line' at seconds after 9:00. At 9:15 the page bombed due to 'Internal Error'. I recd the invitation in my email shortly after 9:00 and used the link provided in my 2nd attempt. I was 'in line' at 9:16 and was finished and signed-up at 9:38.

Glad you got in. I was "on hold" for 15 minutes and the page said "DO NOT REFRESH YOUR BROWSER" so I didn't. It just kept spinning. Finally, Mrs Granny got on her laptop and got right in about 9:30. So we are booked for the 11th...see you there!

I was in a seminar and signed on from my phone right at 9:00. I got the same error as Di, and despite it saying not to refresh the page, I did (I’m a rebel). Anyway, we are confirmed for the 11th. I just hope we can stay awake.

I got the same error right at 9:00. It just continued to spin until 9:30 when I had to give up because I had a breakfast reservation at 10:00 at Yachtsmans. I was able to get the email link to work on my phone while I was having breakfast so I'm confirmed for the 11th too. We need a groupie meet! It will likely be my only one since I can't to the other 2 that are scheduled.

That's great news! Continued prayers coming Clay's way.

My trip is winding down. I transferred from PVB to BWV yesterday & I have to say I'm glad. There are things I like about PVB but it's just not the resort for me. It was so nice to sleep in a soft bed last night & I actually slept until 8:00 with no outdoor noise! :woohoo: It was the first good night's sleep I've had since I've been here.

Rode Flight of Passage for the first time yesterday. All I can say is it lived up to the hype. Absolutely incredible. I hit an all time record for steps taken in a day at Disney yesterday. 23,536 steps. :faint: I'm tired & feeling it today so I thought I'd make today a relaxing pool day. So of course that means there was a big temperature drop & it's only in the 60s today. :scratchin I may end of doing a lap around WS. When I was at DHS Mon. I spotted a shake at Min & Bill's that has been calling my name ever since. A mudslide milkshake. Chocolate or vanilla ice cream with Bailey's & Kahlua. Not at all on my low carb diet but I think I may have to have it. ::yes:: With all those steps taken I'll say I've earned it. ;)

Have a good day groupie friends!

Horeselover, what I liked about your post was the description of the shake! It’s been added to my “must try” list.

(When I first read your post, I mistakenly thought you were going to mention a SNAKE you saw. Boy am I glad I did continue to read!:))

Horeselover, what I liked about your post was the description of the shake! It’s been added to my “must try” list.

(When I first read your post, I mistakenly thought you were going to mention a SNAKE you saw. Boy am I glad I did continue to read!:))

:laughing: I'll let you know how it is. I can pretty much guarantee it will be mine! :laughing:

Our 1st experience with a 2 bed in any resort was in one of those corner rooms. We were on the 2nd floor facing the pool area. We loved it and any other 2 beds anywhere are compared to that stay. I remember the CM at the front desk said you are going to love this room and she was right! Would love to get that room again someday!!
I, too, had a 2BR corner room many years ago, and it also looked out over the old courtyard/Hidden Springs area (RIP :(). So much room! Our layout was the MBR to the left when you walked in, and the 2nd BR was off to the right through the huge living room area (and kitchen). The living area was so spacious, we had a full-sized dining table and chairs, and we had three or four balconies--one each for the bedrooms, and I want to say two off the living area--one to the left of the dining room that was parallel to our room and looked over the pool/courtyard area (faced the main Lodge and the lake) and the other by the dining table and parallel to the 2nd BR (facing the lake only). Though not a 2BR, we did have a similar 1BR in May that was on the bus stop side of VWL. It, too, had a tremendous amount of room with two balconies and a larger dining table than most 1BRs. The living area was large enough that I could actually work on my blocking for the role I had in an upcoming play. Love those rooms!

Hello, My name is Patricia. I am joining Bobbiwoz the week of December 1 - 9, 2017. I heard you may be having a get together. Would it be OK if I joined you?

Hello, My name is Patricia. I am joining Bobbiwoz the week of December 1 - 9, 2017. I heard you may be having a get together. Would it be OK if I joined you?
I won't be there in December, but welcome, Patricia! We love new folks dropping by and saying, "hi!" Maybe, you'll even enjoy yourself enough to drop in regularly and get to know us (and we, you). :welcome:

Hello Groupies!! I am just crashing to say hello. Hope you all are well. We are checking into the villas at wilderness lodge on 12/23. Checking out on 12/31. Eight nights. Studio dwellers. What are the chances of switching to a studio in copper creek. I realize I would have to call and talk to cast member and for one minute we will have no ressie while they flip rooms. Would there even be studios available and if so is it to risky to bail on the villas and lose my home resort. Just toying with the idea staying in the lodge building. Thanks much.

Anyone else Staying at WL that week?

Hello Groupies!! I am just crashing to say hello. Hope you all are well. We are checking into the villas at wilderness lodge on 12/23. Checking out on 12/31. Eight nights. Studio dwellers. What are the chances of switching to a studio in copper creek. I realize I would have to call and talk to cast member and for one minute we will have no ressie while they flip rooms. Would there even be studios available and if so is it to risky to bail on the villas and lose my home resort. Just toying with the idea staying in the lodge building. Thanks much.

Anyone else Staying at WL that week?
Check the resort availability tool. I strongly doubt that something is available for 8 nights.

I plan to request that room for December if I can.... it is wonderful and I would love to stay there. My sister got it last trip.

OK - Moonlight Magic in December. DiznyDi has made the reservations. She was so excited when I arrived home. She unfolded the timing of this glorious event: 10 PM 'till something. I don't remember the end time as my brain went numb when she told me when it started. Just warning everybody; I'll be wearing my pajamas . . . . .

OK - Moonlight Magic in December. DiznyDi has made the reservations. She was so excited when I arrived home. She unfolded the timing of this glorious event: 10 PM 'till something. I don't remember the end time as my brain went numb when she told me when it started. Just warning everybody; I'll be wearing my pajamas . . . . .

As I was reserving it I couldn't help thinking how this was a "special" event to go to.....starting at 10pm. :faint: And I come from the west coast!

Hi Patricia! You are more than welcome to join in! Any friend of a Groupie is a friend of ours. We look forward to meeting you on the 6th! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter