• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

OK - Moonlight Magic in December. DiznyDi has made the reservations. She was so excited when I arrived home. She unfolded the timing of this glorious event: 10 PM 'till something. I don't remember the end time as my brain went numb when she told me when it started. Just warning everybody; I'll be wearing my pajamas . . . . .

As I was reserving it I couldn't help thinking how this was a "special" event to go to.....starting at 10pm. :faint: And I come from the west coast!

You guys can do it, I know you can! It might be a good day for a power nap to help you through it. That way you'll be bright eyed and wide awake! :eek:

Hello Groupies!! I am just crashing to say hello. Hope you all are well. We are checking into the villas at wilderness lodge on 12/23. Checking out on 12/31. Eight nights. Studio dwellers. What are the chances of switching to a studio in copper creek. I realize I would have to call and talk to cast member and for one minute we will have no ressie while they flip rooms. Would there even be studios available and if so is it to risky to bail on the villas and lose my home resort. Just toying with the idea staying in the lodge building. Thanks much.

Anyone else Staying at WL that week?

Greg...I agree with Bobbi that it might be hard to get that room. As for calling to switch resorts...that's the same process we all go through when we book our home resorts and then switch resorts at the 7 month window. Unless you have a ton of points that allow you to hold two reservations at once, you have to cancel one and book the other. We've done this many times with MS but there is the very slim chance that a reservation may be completely lost. Good luck with switching if you choose to do so.

My group is in for the 4th Moonlight Magic! I can hardly believe I have signed up for something that begins at 10PM!

I have my doubts to Bobbi. We signed up for the 12/4 Moonlight Magic too. I am usually in our room watching the fireworks and in bed as soon as they are over. This will be interesting.

lol - I know! Here you go - http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/villas-at-wilderness-lodge/maps-a-photos-2265 Just scroll down a little bit and there are maps for each floor.

So, dumb question. I was looking at these maps and noticed for the studios it lists "Studio" or "Studio Dedicated". What does that mean? And what exactly is a "Lockoff"? I see that come up a lot, but have absolutely no clue what it means. I need to save the floor plan page and then begin to gather notes from all of you on what studios are the ones to request.

So, dumb question. I was looking at these maps and noticed for the studios it lists "Studio" or "Studio Dedicated". What does that mean? And what exactly is a "Lockoff"? I see that come up a lot, but have absolutely no clue what it means. I need to save the floor plan page and then begin to gather notes from all of you on what studios are the ones to request.
A lock off is part of another room. For instance, a two bedroom lock off consists of a 1 bedroom unit and a studio unit, the studio "lockoffs" from the 1 bedroom by a locked door. A dedicated is not part of a another room or room configuration.

Yep - just means that the studios marked as dedicated aren't part of a 2BR lock-off so there isn't a connecting door to another room. Some of the older resorts (VWL, BWV, BCV for sure) have these dedicated rooms but the newest are pretty much all set up as lock-offs.

I have my doubts to Bobbi. We signed up for the 12/4 Moonlight Magic too. I am usually in our room watching the fireworks and in bed as soon as they are over. This will be interesting.

We made it to a Typhoon Lagoon event this year, so we have a history. We did not stay until the end. We can be each other’s cheerleader!

PattiPoke, Welcome to the groupies!!!!
Any friend of Bobbi's is a friend of ours!! Looking forward to meeting you at the groupie meet:-)

Last edited:
Unfortunately we couldn't land tickets for the DVC event, but if Dad is really going to show up in his PJs, I may see if DVC would be willing to sell me a ticket, heck, I will show up in my PJs too so you want be alone Rich:D

Jimmy - somehow I just don't believe I'll be alone in my PJs. Dang, I see people in the middle of the day, just about anywhere, dressed in what I would call PJs.

Jimmy - somehow I just don't believe I'll be alone in my PJs. Dang, I see people in the middle of the day, just about anywhere, dressed in what I would call PJs.
I believe you are right Dad. I have seen people out in their PJs at our local mall. I used to wonder if they realized in their slumber if they forgot to change. Then started realizing its a trend.
At least this way Rich, when you get back to the resort you won't have to spend that pesky time getting ready for bed, you just go straight from Epcot to dreamland:cat::D

We too have a senior this year. We have senior night next Friday. DD is the mascot at our school. This is DD #2 of 3. The toilet paper roll is is about half finished for us. Thanks for the reminder about cherishing the moments. DD wants the whole family to participate in the wild Africa trek that she wants as sort of a graduation present on our spring break trip. I'm kind of choking on spending $700 on a 3 hour tour for the four of us. I'll just try to focus on the memories that we are creating! :teeth: After all, DD tried to smooth it over by saying "Well it also includes our lunch!" Said like a true teenager that has no idea of the value of a dollar. :rolleyes:

Headed to a car show with DH today. Kind of "work" thing for him. Wish it was the Magic Kingdom instead! Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

My girl graduated this year. June 1st. She wanted lower box seats at wriggly field. Game tix for four $750, parking downtown and metra & cab ride back $125. Late lunch in Chicago Loop $75. Park food and a souvenir $100. One base ball game over $1000. She laughed and smiled for 8 hours. Priceless. I was thankful God blessed me with her life and I was able to give her a night to remember.

I hope your is all of that and more. You are on the mark with TP analogy, only pass this way once.

Last edited:
So, Mrs. Granny and I went to an awesome concert last night:

View attachment 276778

That's Matt Maher and Chris Tomlin. For those of you not aware, they are Christian music artists as you can see from the lyrics above the stage.

Sorry for the poor quality of the shot...one of these days I'll figure out how to take a decent picture with my iPhone in the darker settings!

Some fellow baseball coach friends of ours went to this concert in St. Charles. DH and i saw Chris Tomlinson 8 years ago, love his music!

Another VWL trip update... we got a corner studio room! Love the size! Still working on those pics....:(
any chance you can share the room#?

I guess everyone is having a relaxing day doing nothing on the computer.

Clay is doing about the same. He has now been in ICU for 3 full weeks and they still do not know the source of his infection or anything definitive. We have semi-good days and not so good days, so hopefully soon we will have very good days and I can give y'all a thumbs up!
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. They are very much appreciated.

Kathy, praying for those very good days soon!!
Thank you for keeping us updated as time allows

Thanks Kathy for the update. We'll continue to lift you, Clay and the rest of the family in prayer.

Just got off the phone with DiznyDi . . such a sad conversation. A week ago I blew out my knee, and am having issues still today. I saw the Ortho Surgeon last Monday, and will be seeing him this Wednesday. He suggested surgery last visit, but the testosterone in me said "nah, I'll be fine". Well, things aren't working that well after a week of physical therapy. So with my hat in my hands, I'll revisit the Dr. again this week looking for help and advice. In that light, we are looking into cancelling our December Trip. :scared1: Maybe we'll bump it into February. As so many things, I trust our future in DiznyDi's hands. Sorry Sweetheart. :hug:

Just got off the phone with DiznyDi . . such a sad conversation. A week ago I blew out my knee, and am having issues still today. I saw the Ortho Surgeon last Monday, and will be seeing him this Wednesday. He suggested surgery last visit, but the testosterone in me said "nah, I'll be fine". Well, things aren't working that well after a week of physical therapy. So with my hat in my hands, I'll revisit the Dr. again this week looking for help and advice. In that light, we are looking into cancelling our December Trip. :scared1: Maybe we'll bump it into February. As so many things, I trust our future in DiznyDi's hands. Sorry Sweetheart. :hug:
:grouphug:
My own experience with bilateral knee replacement ( both done at once) has been excellent. I am not a particularly brave person, and I do not know what surgery you will need. Do whatever exercises they suggest prior to the surgery. We have recently had to cancel two DCL cruises due to foot reconstruction surgery, so I also understand sadness in having to cancel expected trips.
I pray for your well being.

Bobbi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter