VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Thanks for all reassurance that the essence of the Lodge and the Villas (they'll always be the Villas to us!) is still intact. We've been members since 2001 - and what made us buy at the Lodge was the "remote feeling" and peace of the place!

After staying at the Lodge during all the construction in Dec ,2016, I was afraid that they had destroyed the feeling of our home away from home. Having spent a week there from Dec 18-25/2017 I was amazed on how much that I liked the changes

Hey VWL Groupies and Lovers! I have been waiting for this day for a very long time. Longtime Lurker here. I have been faithfully following this thread since 2014, shortly after Sleepydog started it. I’ve always wanted to be a VWL Groupie and Lover, but I didn’t feel qualified to post here until I, at least, stayed at your beloved Wilderness Lodge. How could I truly say I loved it if I never stayed there?

So, today is the day. Here I sit on the sofa in a 3rd floor studio on the lake/pool side of the villas, posting on my iPad. ( The best part about the room location is I didn’t even request the lake side. I just got it assigned to me. I figured I’d get stuck in the “dumpster view” room as some kind of initiation ) And I love the VWL as much as I had hoped. My Dear Wife is so excited about the faucet in the bathroom sink! I think that’s the coolest thing I’ve seen in any of the villas.

I have to say, I think you’re the greatest group of people on the Forum. I love your stories and your insights on life. ( Though Sleepydog can be a bit crabby :rotfl2:) I probably will continue to lurk, as I rarely have anything constructive to say :sad2:. Just wanted you all to know I’m here watching and I appreciate what goes on here. Keep up the good work.

Dan and Diane
Members since 2009
Home Resorts AKV and HHI
Reside in Michigan

Hey VWL Groupies and Lovers! I have been waiting for this day for a very long time. Longtime Lurker here. I have been faithfully following this thread since 2014, shortly after Sleepydog started it. I’ve always wanted to be a VWL Groupie and Lover, but I didn’t feel qualified to post here until I, at least, stayed at your beloved Wilderness Lodge. How could I truly say I loved it if I never stayed there?

So, today is the day. Here I sit on the sofa in a 3rd floor studio on the lake/pool side of the villas, posting on my iPad. ( The best part about the room location is I didn’t even request the lake side. I just got it assigned to me. I figured I’d get stuck in the “dumpster view” room as some kind of initiation ) And I love the VWL as much as I had hoped. My Dear Wife is so excited about the faucet in the bathroom sink! I think that’s the coolest thing I’ve seen in any of the villas.

I have to say, I think you’re the greatest group of people on the Forum. I love your stories and your insights on life. ( Though Sleepydog can be a bit crabby :rotfl2:) I probably will continue to lurk, as I rarely have anything constructive to say :sad2:. Just wanted you all to know I’m here watching and I appreciate what goes on here. Keep up the good work.

Dan and Diane
Members since 2009
Home Resorts AKV and HHI
Reside in Michigan
Welcome to the groupies Sleepy Sheep!!!!
And don't be a stranger! We rarely have anything constructive to say ourselves:D, so please don't hesitate to join anytime in conversation. Glad you are enjoying the Lodge! It is quite a nice place for sure and dear to our hearts around these parts

Jimmy Had A Birthday!?! . . . .wait a minute . . .a couple of years ago he said he wasn't gonna have any more Birthdays! So I guess he isn't the Grand Master of Time in the Universe! Oh, well, he is still one of the Grand Masters of our Lodge!

party: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIMMY! party:

I have to say, I think you’re the greatest group of people on the Forum. I love your stories and your insights on life. ( Though Sleepydog can be a bit crabby :rotfl2:)
HEY!! I represent that remark! Yeah, my wife would agree with you as would numerous students who walk into my office before I've had my morning coffee. pirate: We do often say we are the friendliest group on the DIS, and we always hope that feeling comes through. Good to know it did for you. :thumbsup2

I probably will continue to lurk, as I rarely have anything constructive to say :sad2:. Just wanted you all to know I’m here watching and I appreciate what goes on here. Keep up the good work.

Dan and Diane
Members since 2009
Home Resorts AKV and HHI
Reside in Michigan
As JT says, we rarely have anything terribly constructive to say, least of all me. . .apparently, I'm too crabby. :rotfl2: Seriously, we do hope you drop by at any time and add to the conversation (you, too, @tgropp ). What makes us so successful is that have so many folks here from all walks of life and geographical locations with one common denominator--a love of the Lodge. So glad to hear you and your wife are enjoying the Lodge and your room. There is something so very special about the Lodge that's hard to nail down with words. Being there, experiencing it, tends to "explain" it much better.

Again, welcome and don't be a stranger!

P.S. Just as a clarification for those who are relatively new, I am only the keeper of this latest edition of the VWL Groupies thread. Some of the our band of brothers and sisters are some of the original members who started the thread eons ago (oh, wait, maybe not eons, just a long, l-o-o-o-ng time ago), so the efforts of the past few years are a direct result of what they so sagely founded. :worship:

After staying at the Lodge during all the construction in Dec ,2016, I was afraid that they had destroyed the feeling of our home away from home. Having spent a week there from Dec 18-25/2017 I was amazed on how much that I liked the changes

tgropp...Thanks for dropping by to share your impressions of the changes at Wilderness Lodge campus. Stick around and join in the conversation whenever the spirit moves you! :)

Dan
...glad that you could join in the fun here. And so glad that VWL is living up to your expectations. We can tell you have been following this thread as you call our beloved home VWL as is proper! :)

and to both tgropp & Dan....

Welcome to our home.jpg

So, today is the day. Here I sit on the sofa in a 3rd floor studio on the lake/pool side of the villas, posting on my iPad.

OOooooooooohhhhhh - could you take a picture! I'm not allowed to stay on that side. Apparently. (I love buses. I love buses. I love buses. :rolleyes: ) :laughing:

Welcome to the Groupies and Welcome to the Lodge! Hope you have a fabulous stay.

Dan and Diane
Members since 2009
Home Resorts AKV and HHI
Reside in Michigan

How wonderful to read this!

Bobbi:)

Dan and Diane
Members since 2009
Home Resorts AKV and HHI
Reside in Michigan

Should we change his name to Mad Dog? :rotfl: He's also a little on the sly side. Watch out when he starts asking for your membership fee. ;)

Love you @sleepydog25! :grouphug:

Forgot to mention I got a reservation at Napa Rose for my birthday. I haven't completely decided if I'll eat in the restaurant or lounge but better to have it & cancel later. Do I want to head out of the parks early when my time is limited? I do have the entire next day & evening. What say you DLR experts?

Should we change his name to Mad Dog? :rotfl: He's also a little on the sly side. Watch out when he starts asking for your membership fee. ;)

Love you @sleepydog25! :grouphug:

Forgot to mention I got a reservation at Napa Rose for my birthday. I haven't completely decided if I'll eat in the restaurant or lounge but better to have it & cancel later. Do I want to head out of the parks early when my time is limited? I do have the entire next day & evening. What say you DLR experts?
Well, everything is so close you can go back to the park after dinner if you so choose.....

Hi Groupies,

I know I owe many belated birthday wishes...I hope you all enjoyed your special days.
Twokats (Kathy)
I will add my belated birthday wishes to twokats!:cake: It was my pleasure to meet you in person last year!

I am sorry to read about the cast.:hug:
Belated Happy Birthday to TwoKats!!!!

:bday:
Happy belated birthday Kathy (TwoKats)!!!

I want to thank all y'all for the birthday wishes. The surgery went well and healing is ongoing.
Clay is slowly improving. He gained 4 pounds last week.

Happy Birthday Disney loving Iowan
Hope it was great.

OK Groupies! Here’s my thoughts on the Lodge and my Studio Room after Day 2 of my stay.

I still smile every time I turn on the faucet in the bathroom sink. It’s soooo cool!

What insanity led to the design of the bathroom? They couldn’t scrape up another couple of sq ft? And You gotta be a contortionist just to reach the TP holder!

The CMs here are as AMAZING as advertised here in Groupie Land. Second only to HHI CMs, and it may actually be a tie. (I spent my last two stays at the Polynesian where you’re lucky to get a passing CM in the villas to make eye contact in the hallway. What a difference!)

Seriously! The bathroom is really small!

OK Groupies! Here’s my thoughts on the Lodge and my Studio Room after Day 2 of my stay.

I still smile every time I turn on the faucet in the bathroom sink. It’s soooo cool!

What insanity led to the design of the bathroom? They couldn’t scrape up another couple of sq ft? And You gotta be a contortionist just to reach the TP holder!

The CMs here are as AMAZING as advertised here in Groupie Land. Second only to HHI CMs, and it may actually be a tie. (I spent my last two stays at the Polynesian where you’re lucky to get a passing CM in the villas to make eye contact in the hallway. What a difference!)

Seriously! The bathroom is really small!

I am so happy to hear you are enjoying yourself Sleepy Sheep! I am coming for Easter and can’t wait to see the new additions!

Just take the TP off the holder and throw it on top of tank. Stop the Madness (as Mr. Wonderful would say..).

I have theory that the CM’s are great at the lodge because they aren’t exposed to monorail traffic...:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter