VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

YAY!! Corinne's having a birthday! :yay: Wishing you the biggest and best birthday celebration ever!

Happy Birthday Corinne! :bday:

Regarding the rumored resort at FW/River Country:

....I’m not seeing the appeal of this — maybe if they added some sort of high speed transport Chunnel underneath everything that plops you out in a special Fantasyland entrance only for people staying at the “new RC”....

What a great idea! Sign me up in a heartbeat!!! :thumbsup2

Tomorrow's the day! We're off to Budapest. Cruise begins Sunday, then Salzburg, then Munich. I won't be at "the castle" until 6/20 but I will be sure to share those photos with you all. Excited! :hyper:

Take care groupie friends! Back in a couple weeks unless I have time in the evenings (and bandwidth) to share photos. :wave2:

Tomorrow's the day! We're off to Budapest. Cruise begins Sunday, then Salzburg, then Munich. I won't be at "the castle" until 6/20 but I will be sure to share those photos with you all. Excited! :hyper:

Take care groupie friends! Back in a couple weeks unless I have time in the evenings (and bandwidth) to share photos. :wave2:
Hope you have a wonderful time!

Have fun Julie! Sounds like a great adventure.
Think I found a pic of your captain:
up-14.gif

Thank you for all the birthday wishes! I appreciate each and every one! I have had a wonderful day celebrating and I am enjoying the perfect nightcap - I am watching Rivers of Light on demand! Thanks again!

Julie...Godspeed on your journey, and may you have a lot of pixie dust along the way! :)

Have a great trip Julie! Such a beautiful country. Not sure of your itinerary, but if you have the opportunity, you really need to go into the salt mines.

My sister is in Budapest right now! It must be the in place to be!

Have fun!!

Yes, those 1 and 2 BRs near the VWL lobby are quite desirable as they are more spacious than typical layouts. We've stayed in both, most recently a 1BR on the bus side, and loved them. You get a large dining area and the living space is also bigger, more open. The proximity to the elevators is also nice (though I don't think the hallways @ VWL are particularly long). For us, we'd choose those configurations every time if we could.
I just realized you responded regarding those rooms. Thank you for the information.

AKL had the same issues prior to DVC moving in, low booking numbers.

DVD will continue to build DVC resorts and convert resorts for as long as the public continues to buy direct. Disney doesn't care if there is competition at 11 or 7 months or if the parks are overly crowded. They care about profits and keeping wall street and their board of directors happy. The executives don't get paid bonuses for making guests happy, they get paid bonuses for making money.

:earsboy: Bill
Same thing I've been saying for years, increasingly so the past couple of years. All that Disney mgmt cares about is paying the high-rolling stockholders and lining their own pockets. In my mind, they do so by building more resorts (I'm with horsey in that I understand why but don't like it) and by walking a very fine line with customer service--just enough to seem as though they're still attuned to our needs but not as much quality as before. I've now said it 1,267 times: Disney used to set the standard and now they settle for "industry standard." They've built up enough good will with their iconic history to get them by for a long time; however, they're on a slippery slope. I simply don't know that they now engender the devotion they once did. They used to build memories that could only be found at Disney; they created a superb fantasy world with which we grew up. I'm not so sure the next generations are going to have that devotion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter