• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Have a great week-end Groupies! Rain is on the horizon for Ohio :(

No rain here, at least not steady rain--some localized thunderstorms are possible in the afternoons. DD's graduation is tomorrow morning, and it's outside, so we're hoping nothing pops up until noon or later. In addition to the graduation news, Luv has a new job coming in July! Without going into boring detail, I will just say that she was severely underappreciated and misled at her current job by supervisors and regional manager types both. To say it has gotten uncomfortable where she works is an understatement, and it's not been helped by the fact she's had three bosses in less than a year. She quietly put out feelers for a few weeks and struck gold with a new company that will roughly match her current salary, and she gets a company car w/gas card. We're both thrilled! So, we both head into the second half of 2018 with new jobs! Yikes!

I echo Di above: have a great weekend, Groupies!

Sleepy, Great news about your wife. Nothing worse than going to a job each day that you don't like. I love most all my work friends. we call each other, text, and get together even in the summer. Hope the weather holds out for your DD's graduation in the morning.

I'll be taking DD18 to Arkansas next week for registration. She'll get her schedule, student ID, parking pass, chapel seat, mailbox, and other fun stuff. Then we come home and wait til August...

Also planning our drop in day during July to check out the new Toy Story Land. During a weekend visit to the grad school kid, we will head over to check out the new stuff. Super excited about the changes at Hollywood Studios (or whatever they are calling it this week).

Sorry about the rain Di, we’ve had rain every weekend since April, but this weekend does look good finally. Hope the rain doesn’t hamper any of your plans. We are heading to New Hampshire to our nephews lake house.

Sleepy, great news about Luv!

I hope everyone enjoys the weekend. :)

Sleepy, tell Luv i am happy for her and wish her lots of luck and success!!

I will admit I have about the best working conditions available. I work two mornings a week and if either my boss or I need to change which mornings, it is usually no problem. Then during tax season I am swamped, but since my main job is so easy, it is not much of a hardship!

Corinne, it will probably be late next year before Kati and I head back to the world. We will be making do with Disneyland in October before our Panama Canal cruise.
Hope everyone has a good weekend. Looks like ours will be hot and dry.

Sorry about the rain Di, we’ve had rain every weekend since April, but this weekend does look good finally. Hope the rain doesn’t hamper any of your plans. We are heading to New Hampshire to our nephews lake house.

Sleepy, great news about Luv!

I hope everyone enjoys the weekend. :)
Corine where are you from, I think you have said but I forget. My BF mother has a place on Winnipesaukee and it is probably the only place that makes me happier than DW. You picked a spectacular weekend to be on the lake!!!! Have fun!

No rain here, at least not steady rain--some localized thunderstorms are possible in the afternoons. DD's graduation is tomorrow morning, and it's outside, so we're hoping nothing pops up until noon or later. In addition to the graduation news, Luv has a new job coming in July! Without going into boring detail, I will just say that she was severely underappreciated and misled at her current job by supervisors and regional manager types both. To say it has gotten uncomfortable where she works is an understatement, and it's not been helped by the fact she's had three bosses in less than a year. She quietly put out feelers for a few weeks and struck gold with a new company that will roughly match her current salary, and she gets a company car w/gas card. We're both thrilled! So, we both head into the second half of 2018 with new jobs! Yikes!

I echo Di above: have a great weekend, Groupies!
So happy for you and your wife!!!

I discovered a coworker with the same love for the world and DVC, she lives in Chicago and I contacted her for something about a year ago on company skype and noticed her profile pic was a picture of Tom Sawyer Island. We have spent so much time talking about Disney and have become quite friendly. One of her recent trips she got me a bunch of gummies, one of my favorite things at Disney, and shipped them to me. Her most recent trip she got me the Limited edition DVC pin. Such a nice women and it's so neat the friendships that Disney can help create. I hope you all have a great weekend.

I can't take it anymore! I am about to BURST!!! One week from today we will be boarding the Fantasy. WOOOHOOOOOO We leave here Wednesday to start driving to Florida. I have SOOOO much to do and all I want to do is sit here looking at the Fantasy on the Port Canaveral Webcam.

I can't take it anymore! I am about to BURST!!! One week from today we will be boarding the Fantasy. WOOOHOOOOOO We leave here Wednesday to start driving to Florida. I have SOOOO much to do and all I want to do is sit here looking at the Fantasy on the Port Canaveral Webcam.
Cant wait to hear all about it.

Corine where are you from, I think you have said but I forget. My BF mother has a place on Winnipesaukee and it is probably the only place that makes me happier than DW. You picked a spectacular weekend to be on the lake!!!! Have fun!

We’re from MA, it was a fantastic weekend!

I discovered a coworker with the same love for the world and DVC, she lives in Chicago and I contacted her for something about a year ago on company skype and noticed her profile pic was a picture of Tom Sawyer Island. We have spent so much time talking about Disney and have become quite friendly. One of her recent trips she got me a bunch of gummies, one of my favorite things at Disney, and shipped them to me. Her most recent trip she got me the Limited edition DVC pin. Such a nice women and it's so neat the friendships that Disney can help create. I hope you all have a great weekend.

That’s awesome! Disney is responsible for one of my closest friendships, We “met” online in the late 90’s back on the old AOL boards, and became close when we both were cast members at The Disney Store. She lives in the Midwest, but we’ve vacationed many times together and they came to our sons wedding a few years ago.

That’s so exciting Jen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter