VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Pretty sure TouringPlans.com has a "room finder" that shows room types and their views.

We'll be at BRV for a week late next month. Last time we were there, there was a lot of construction going on. We still enjoyed it but can't wait to get back to see it redone. :love:

Somewhere, I know there exists a floor-by-floor detailing of the layouts at VWL; however, I've not been able to find it. Still, I'm fairly certain there are dedicated units in the area of which you speak.
I will look for the layouts because I too think there are some. I remember passing a Christmas tree to one of the unique units in that area. The atrium area is where I hope to get.
Thank you.

wouldn’t this drive down the value of Riviera points both Direct & Resale?
No, and yes.

IMO, timeshare is a product that is sold, not bought, and for most it is an aspirational purchase. Most buyers are on vacation, having the time of their lives, and are told they can bottle that magical feeling "for decades to come at today's prices." Most such buyers have no expectation that they will ever sell, and even if they do they have no idea what the resale market looks like, let alone what it might do ten years from now.

But, resale Riviera points will certainly be less attractive with this restriction than without it, reducing the supply of willing buyers and therefore reducing the price.

Jen...that sounds like a fun thing to do! I've never done it, but I would think that any chance to sit down with an Imagineer would be fun especially if they have been with Disney for a while. Just listening to their insights on the various details of WDW would be fascinating, I would think.

My first question would be "Are you the Imagineer in charge of naming resorts?". Then my next question would be..."Boulder Ridge...Reflections...really????"

:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl:

I will try to remember and ask that question just for you! :laughing:

Somewhere, I know there exists a floor-by-floor detailing of the layouts at VWL; however, I've not been able to find it. Still, I'm fairly certain there are dedicated units in the area of which you speak.

DVCNews has linked up most of the various known resort floor plans. The only one I don't think they did are the ones Shamus did of BWV.

I will look for the layouts because I too think there are some. I remember passing a Christmas tree to one of the unique units in that area. The atrium area is where I hope to get.
Thank you.

https://dvcnews.com/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=11

In this link : https://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/villas-at-wilderness-lodge/maps-a-photos-2265#prettyPhoto The dedicated 2BR’s are indicated by the yellow color, you can tap on each floor for closer viewing...

Here is the layout that others have pointed to:

VWL Villa Map.jpg

As you can see, there are dedicated 2BRs near the elevators, which was Bobbi's initial inquiry.

Wow, Granny, your map brought back memories of staying in Room 2503 - the narrowest room in the Villas. (2nd floor - Turn right out of elevator - straight down the hall) It is unbelievably narrow, is set up as a handicap room (light switches at waist high level as I recall), and when the couch is pulled out, there is virtually no room between the couch and double bed. It was DiznyDi and my first stay at The Lodge, but fell in love with the VWL anyway! We had four in that room. We had to open the door to fart (oops, sorry) :sad2:

Wow, Granny, your map brought back memories of staying in Room 2503 - the narrowest room in the Villas. (2nd floor - Turn right out of elevator - straight down the hall) It is unbelievably narrow, is set up as a handicap room (light switches at waist high level as I recall), and when the couch is pulled out, there is virtually no room between the couch and double bed. It was DiznyDi and my first stay at The Lodge, but fell in love with the VWL anyway! We had four in that room. We had to open the door to fart (oops, sorry) :sad2:
:rotfl2::laughing::rotfl:

Our first stay was in 1509 (? hard to read). The first floor one next to the laundry. Not the most amazing room ever as sitting on the patio meant getting lint in your hair, but we too fell in love.

Maybe @sleepydog25 could add the VWL maps to the first post? We have CCV there but not VWL.
Thanks to Granny's efforts, I have now added these to Page 1 and given due credit. To quote a long ago Mickey, "Ha, ha! You're swell, Tom!" pirate:

As for my first visit and stay at VWL, it's a totally different story. We snagged room 3519 (cash reservation). DVC was unknown to us until we got there, but they had a woman at a small kiosk on the way to the elevators. Months later, I was a member, though not at VWL. Of course, DVC was touting SSR and the ability to "go anywhere" which was mostly true then. Thankfully, Luv and I got a couple of good contracts to our home, and the rest is, as they say, history.

Thanks to Granny's efforts, I have now added these to Page 1 and given due credit. To quote a long ago Mickey, "Ha, ha! You're swell, Tom!" pirate:

As for my first visit and stay at VWL, it's a totally different story. We snagged room 3519 (cash reservation). DVC was unknown to us until we got there, but they had a woman at a small kiosk on the way to the elevators. Months later, I was a member, though not at VWL. Of course, DVC was touting SSR and the ability to "go anywhere" which was mostly true then. Thankfully, Luv and I got a couple of good contracts to our home, and the rest is, as they say, history.

Who was the maker of that map? Eres tu @Granny ? I was thinking it was someone long gone from the boards, actually if they were even on the DIS, but it's been awhile since I've seen the credit for them.

hehe - 3503 is the only non-bus side villa I've ever had at VWL! It's not an HA unit though.

Who was the maker of that map? Eres tu @Granny ? I was thinking it was someone long gone from the boards, actually if they were even on the DIS, but it's been awhile since I've seen the credit for them.

Actually, I cannot take credit for the room map. I found it on the very long thread that @Brian Noble provided the link to in his post above: https://www.disboards.com/threads/v...ated-16-aug-18.3242976/page-748#post-60124337

If you click on the link that Brian provided, you will see that this was posted in August, 2011. The post was from @WDWKOOK and in that post KOOK attributed it to @TheLodgeLady.

So I just grabbed it to make it easier to find rather than scrolling down the list.

It would be easy enough to recreate and make readable. I think I'll make that a project at some point. :)

Here is the layout that others have pointed to:

View attachment 374902

As you can see, there are dedicated 2BRs near the elevators, which was Bobbi's initial inquiry.

Yes! And we did deliver a tree to one of the “w” shaped units. The folks who had it were very pleased. Always and forever The Villas at Wilderness Lodge.
Our normal luck would give us xx56 or xx57.
Thank you, Granny and Sleepydog25!

Actually, I cannot take credit for the room map. I found it on the very long thread that @Brian Noble provided the link to in his post above: https://www.disboards.com/threads/vwl-groupies-lovers-thread-special-collectors’-edition-updated-16-aug-18.3242976/page-748#post-60124337

If you click on the link that Brian provided, you will see that this was posted in August, 2011. The post was from @WDWKOOK and in that post KOOK attributed it to @TheLodgeLady.

So I just grabbed it to make it easier to find rather than scrolling down the list.

It would be easy enough to recreate and make readable. I think I'll make that a project at some point. :)

Thanks Granny. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly but I think The Lodge Lady had a previous WL info thread that Kook took the info from but I still feel like it was somebody else that created the map - or at least that's not the name as I recall it. Ah well.

Today I booked 4 nights at VWL, dedicated two bedroom, for myself and three friends. We four will have a weeks stay, one friend, who is also a member, booked us at Kidani for the first three nights.

She gets to show off her favorite, I get to show off mine.:santa:

So look for us December 10-14.

Are there dedicated two bedrooms in the open area near the elevators? I think I want to request near elevators.
Cool, we will be there 7-14
We got lucky once and stayed in a dedicated 2 bed(2519, thanks Granny for the map) in the atrium area. Requesting near elevators is probably the best way to get one of those. We loved it BTW!

Last edited:
But, resale Riviera points will certainly be less attractive with this restriction than without it, reducing the supply of willing buyers and therefore reducing the price.
And once this becomes more common knowledge, this may be the backfire that will give Disney/DVC the kick in the rear needed:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter