• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Good Morning Groupies!!! My puppy swallowed the remains of my daughters first blanket, she has had it since birth and as she puts it been there for her her whole life anytime she’s been sad. Unfortunately it made the puppy very sick and got stuck between stomach and intestines. She had to have emergency surgery yesterday. She stayed overnight last night and we are hoping she can come home today. They said she did great during surgery. On top of my daughter being upset and feeling so bad for the puppy we then had to change our trip to the week of the 19th because recovery is two weeks. We scrambled yesterday to change with DVC and then flights. Then of course work. I am super bummed because Boo Bash is now sold out and so is Ratitoulle preview.
Because of the borrowing rule (and this week is more points than the week of the 12th that we were going) we Are maxed out on points. The only thing available was Copper Creek and we have to switch the last night to a walk in shower Because the studio we got was not available the whole time. Poly Lake view was available but we were short like 10 points or something and yes I already bought my one time use year for this year 😂. Also dining was down last night and to boot My Disney Experience was not letting me fully link the new reservation. CM on the phone told me it was a glitch they were having and to just be patient. The problem is I can’t make my other park day.
when I would go to link it it told me it was already linked to somebody me but wouldn’t show up in my Disney experience and wouldn’t let me fully booked all my park days.
But at least we are still going and we will have an amazing timeIm sure of it.
Sorry for the long post but knew you guys would understand!
Oh Corinne looks like we will be there at the same time as you, we fly in on the 19th now. Can’t remember where your staying though. Have a great Labor Day everyone.

LG - sorry about your pup - glad she’ll be ok - but on the bright side - Minnie meet up with Corrine? We’ll be there 19-23 for a quick trip as well - staying at BWV…

LG - sorry about your pup - glad she’ll be ok - but on the bright side - Minnie meet up with Corrine? We’ll be there 19-23 for a quick trip as well - staying at BWV…
Thanks yes we will be there the 19th-24th. Glad we get to still go.

Oh Lakegirl, so sorry about your puppy and your daughters blankie! Glad to hear she fared well and will be ok! Happy to hear you were able to get a trip together!

We were originally staying at BWV, but our waitlist for BCV came through. Our dates are 9/17-9/24. Tricia didn’t realize you were headed there the same time, we should all try and schedule a mini meet!

I'm so sorry about your fur kid. It's so hard when they are hurt. We had one of those this weekend too. Our 3 yo pup tore her ACL. She's on crate rest and meds for now. Hoping it will heal and surgery won't be necessary.

You are going to sooooo need this trip!!

Oh Lakegirl, so sorry about your puppy and your daughters blankie! Glad to hear she fared well and will be ok! Happy to hear you were able to get a trip together!

We were originally staying at BWV, but our waitlist for BCV came through. Our dates are 9/17-9/24. Tricia didn’t realize you were headed there the same time, we should all try and schedule a mini meet!
I would love a meet up. Corinne what time do you fly home on the 24th? We fly home at 4:35.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. She is going to be hard to keep quite as she is normally a very very active puppy. Glad to have her home.

Talk to your vet. Ours gave us a pain med that also calms our pup so she's sleeping/resting mostly. I ran to the pet store and bought some yak cheese chews, a refillable Bento Ball and an extra Kong to put some soft food in and freeze. Racking my brain to think of things to keep her busy for the next 3-4 weeks.

Good Morning Groupies!!! My puppy swallowed the remains of my daughters first blanket, she has had it since birth and as she puts it been there for her her whole life anytime she’s been sad. Unfortunately it made the puppy very sick and got stuck between stomach and intestines. She had to have emergency surgery yesterday. She stayed overnight last night and we are hoping she can come home today. They said she did great during surgery. On top of my daughter being upset and feeling so bad for the puppy we then had to change our trip to the week of the 19th because recovery is two weeks. We scrambled yesterday to change with DVC and then flights. Then of course work. I am super bummed because Boo Bash is now sold out and so is Ratitoulle preview.
Because of the borrowing rule (and this week is more points than the week of the 12th that we were going) we Are maxed out on points. The only thing available was Copper Creek and we have to switch the last night to a walk in shower Because the studio we got was not available the whole time. Poly Lake view was available but we were short like 10 points or something and yes I already bought my one time use year for this year 😂. Also dining was down last night and to boot My Disney Experience was not letting me fully link the new reservation. CM on the phone told me it was a glitch they were having and to just be patient. The problem is I can’t make my other park day.
when I would go to link it it told me it was already linked to somebody me but wouldn’t show up in my Disney experience and wouldn’t let me fully booked all my park days.
But at least we are still going and we will have an amazing timeIm sure of it.
Sorry for the long post but knew you guys would understand!
Oh Corinne looks like we will be there at the same time as you, we fly in on the 19th now. Can’t remember where your staying though. Have a great Labor Day everyone.
Sorry for your troubles, and this just goes to show how complicated going to Disney has become anymore. Best wishes for a good trip!

Good Morning Groupies!!! My puppy swallowed the remains of my daughters first blanket, she has had it since birth and as she puts it been there for her her whole life anytime she’s been sad. Unfortunately it made the puppy very sick and got stuck between stomach and intestines. She had to have emergency surgery yesterday. She stayed overnight last night and we are hoping she can come home today. They said she did great during surgery.

yikes! I am so glad your puppy is going to be Ok. Our puppy swallowed a sewing needle and thread when she was about 4-5 months old. I was terrified. Somehow we and she got very lucky and the vet was able to get her to pass it without it doing any damage -other than about 1K of emergency and regular vet bills. That was enough damage. What is it about puppies eating everything?? I just pulled an arm that was attached to one of her stuffies out of Allies mouth a few minutes ago. Give your sweet baby a belly rub for me.

I would love a meet up. Corinne what time do you fly home on the 24th? We fly home at 4:35.

We’re on the 2:55 flight, so definitely will be @ MCO at the same time. I will PM you and Tricia, perhaps we can meet if schedules allow!

Is anyone else cringing when you read how gorgeous the refurb is ay Poly with those wonderful fold down Murphy beds? UGH, I know it was "just" a soft refurb there and my Boulder Ridge needs a hard refurb, but it still irks me that we are delayed 2 years off the original schedule. Yes, Covid, but Poly and also I guess (?) the new studios at GF have cut in front of us in line. I think if they at least confirmed 2022 I would feel better.

PS I LOVE Poly DVC and look forward to staying there in 2023.

Is anyone else cringing when you read how gorgeous the refurb is ay Poly with those wonderful fold down Murphy beds? UGH, I know it was "just" a soft refurb there and my Boulder Ridge needs a hard refurb, but it still irks me that we are delayed 2 years off the original schedule. Yes, Covid, but Poly and also I guess (?) the new studios at GF have cut in front of us in line. I think if they at least confirmed 2022 I would feel better.

we are not happy that those other dvc came before Brv. Its really not right!

YES. DH and I were just talking about how hard it was for us not to get irrationally angry at PVB getting a refurb when VWL/BRV should have gotten one in 2019. We are going in early 2022, and I was so hoping for a refurbed room before then!

I think honestly what makes me most angry is that Disney doesn't seem to think it's important enough to get a refurb in time for the 50th, and as far as I'm concerned, it's THE most important hotel, right? ;-)

I think because we are off the beaten path a bit, smaller in room amounts, and not very vocal about it, we get the back seat treatment. I may be off base, but it feels that way at least

Did get some great news on FB just a few minutes ago. Yee Haw Bob that entertains at Port Orleans Riverside, just got a call that he was being reinstated to his previous position as an entertainer, a job he has been out of for 1.5 years now. His 1st day back is Oct 14. Step in the right direction, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter