VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

From the speed it was done it appears someone was being clandestine in getting a video of a refurbed 1BR. lol It was easier to see things when slowed to 1/2 speed.

It doesn't blow me away but it's much better than I feared. And they generally look better in person than pictures or videos. What I do not understand is DVC's fear of putting some paint with color up and yet deciding to hanging wallpaper? Now the funny thing - I just put up a headboard of that design although not the same one. Maybe I'm more in tune with current Disney designers than I thought. :laughing: I do really like the look of the bathroom sink/tub area.

Last edited:
From the speed it was done it appears someone was being clandestine in getting a video of a refurbed 1BR. lol It was easier to see things when slowed to 1/2 speed.

It doesn't blow me away but it's much better than I feared. And they generally look better in person than pictures or videos. What I do not understand is DVC's fear of putting some paint with color up and yet deciding to hanging wallpaper? Now the funny thing - I just put up a headboard of that design although not the same one. Maybe I'm more in tune with current Disney designers than I thought. :laughing: I do really like the look of the bathroom sink/tub area.
Of course, now the video says unavailable. That was fast! pirate:

Hmmm - I still see it. Must be some sort of sharing restriction? It was posted on the DVCFan page (related to the DISboards)
Yep, I'm getting the "Video Unavailable" black box as well. Overall, from what I've seen, it seems the decor is an improvement over the last refurb.

Yep, I'm getting the "Video Unavailable" black box as well. Overall, from what I've seen, it seems the decor is an improvement over the last refurb.
The DVCFan group is a closed group I guess - have to join. I did so long ago since it was created by the DISboard and they frequently link info posts here. I'm hoping the quality of the work is 100 times better. It's a departure from the original but ah well. The last round did that. Reminds me somewhat of the next to last go around at WL.

So - without going into too much detail (don’t leave the door across the hall open for 2 days around me and expect me not to snoop) - I can honestly report that I LOVE the refurb - I think it’s gorgeous!!!

We're checking into VWL tomorrow for a five-night stay. It's a much-needed vacation. Our son Jesse had to go to the emergency room at Dr Phillips Hospital and was admitted for 7 nights. He needed mass quantities of antibiotics and it was up in the air whether he'd need surgery. Fortunately, he healed internally and he's doing fine. In other news, we went to the Condo meeting and it was quite animated to say the least. I'll bet that the CMs are glad that they survived it. I wonder if we'll get a refurbished room. If so, I'll take pictures. We're staying in a 1-br. I hope everyone is doing well. And have a most wonderful holiday. It seems like time went by in a flash. If I see any groupies in Territory Lounge, I'll buy you a drink.

We're checking into VWL tomorrow for a five-night stay. It's a much-needed vacation. Our son Jesse had to go to the emergency room at Dr Phillips Hospital and was admitted for 7 nights. He needed mass quantities of antibiotics and it was up in the air whether he'd need surgery. Fortunately, he healed internally and he's doing fine. In other news, we went to the Condo meeting and it was quite animated to say the least. I'll bet that the CMs are glad that they survived it. I wonder if we'll get a refurbished room. If so, I'll take pictures. We're staying in a 1-br. I hope everyone is doing well. And have a most wonderful holiday. It seems like time went by in a flash. If I see any groupies in Territory Lounge, I'll buy you a drink.
Glad to hear that Jesse is doing ok after a scare like that! Have a great trip!

Has anybody else noticed we're getting a little throw back to the original VWL - the Christmas colors! lol There's still the green in the kitchen cabinets and the hallway carpet is just like the colors in the rooms were. :goodvibes

So glad Jesse is ok. That must have been quite scary. Hope you have a great stay at our beloved lodge. I will look forward to your pictures.

Has anybody else noticed we're getting a little throw back to the original VWL - the Christmas colors! lol There's still the green in the kitchen cabinets and the hallway carpet is just like the colors in the rooms were. :goodvibes
Where are you seeing the photos Kathy?
And WD---> glad Jesse is going to be ok! Have a fun stay! I just came home from 4 days (not at VWL though----had a split between BLT and SSR). I booked late but had a great few days!

Where are you seeing the photos Kathy?
And WD---> glad Jesse is going to be ok! Have a fun stay! I just came home from 4 days (not at VWL though----had a split between BLT and SSR). I booked late but had a great few days!
There's been several places they've shown up. Humphreys Facebook page had some and @tgropp posted several pictures on the Boulder Ridge refurb thread. Here's a link to one post:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/boulder-ridge-refurb-has-begun.3893489/page-17#post-64475268

And the one showing the hallway carpet:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/boulder-ridge-refurb-has-begun.3893489/page-17#post-64475785

Here’s the ones I took…1Br

Attachments

• 30D8215E-726E-47F6-9E8B-3AD537562B82.jpeg
    30D8215E-726E-47F6-9E8B-3AD537562B82.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 36
  • 11AB0B69-5566-44DA-9947-96280C4E3F50.jpeg
    11AB0B69-5566-44DA-9947-96280C4E3F50.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 36DF6B5F-C3E3-44E4-BE2E-084BF47A5EFE.jpeg
    36DF6B5F-C3E3-44E4-BE2E-084BF47A5EFE.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 37
  • D0DC1EA6-13A2-46E6-B7AD-37EF1082E1A7.jpeg
    D0DC1EA6-13A2-46E6-B7AD-37EF1082E1A7.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 833E11F7-FFAF-4BFA-BB2A-C9AECD2A7B92.jpeg
    833E11F7-FFAF-4BFA-BB2A-C9AECD2A7B92.jpeg
    48.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 775D4295-1273-4872-8B6E-F529E1C4D893.jpeg
    775D4295-1273-4872-8B6E-F529E1C4D893.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 683310D0-D0FE-45AB-B420-6ED068430ED2.jpeg
    683310D0-D0FE-45AB-B420-6ED068430ED2.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 2EC8D8FC-6065-4F8F-AD84-35F52C387C0C.jpeg
    2EC8D8FC-6065-4F8F-AD84-35F52C387C0C.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 37
I think one thing that would make a difference for me is if the beds would have some color. Just not crazy about all white. That one pillow isn't enough. Maybe a runner at the bottom like they used to have.

I think one thing that would make a difference for me is if the beds would have some color. Just not crazy about all white. That one pillow isn't enough. Maybe a runner at the bottom like they used to have.
I'm surprised it even got that one pillow! lol

I too miss the bed runners which have an actual function as well as the aesthetic part.

I too miss the bed runners which have an actual function as well as the aesthetic part.
What function do bed runners have, except to fall on the floor if you don't take them off before you go to bed at night?

I'm surprised at the pillow, too. How long will it take them to disappear into guests' suitcases going home?

What function do bed runners have, except to fall on the floor if you don't take them off before you go to bed at night?

I'm surprised at the pillow, too. How long will it take them to disappear into guests' suitcases going home?
Disney don't mind missing pillows - they just bill them to your credit card!

And the runners - some people like them for their dirty well travelled luggage.

Disneyland Hotel has had two matching throw pillows in every room, one on each bed. One reads "A dream is a wish your heart makes..." and the other reads "when you're fast asleep", and those don't seem to disappear on any regular basis (and they are royal blue velvet with gold embroidery and trim, so not cheap)..

disneyland-hotel.jpg

DLH3-021910-AVP.jpg

Already answered but they keep the bed clean from luggage that isn't always so clean. Get it dirty - set it aside. Get the top white sheet dirty? Stare at it every night (unless you wish to wash it).
Disneyland Hotel has had two matching throw pillows in every room, one on each bed. One reads "A dream is a wish your heart makes..." and the other reads "when you're fast asleep", and those don't seem to disappear on any regular basis (and they are royal blue velvet with gold embroidery and trim, so not cheap)..

View attachment 724799

View attachment 724800

Hotel side. Isn't normally brought into a DVC room anymore or disappears quickly after a short time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter