W.I.S.H. Support! in the Creative Community Livingroom

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
Since there are so many of us that are W.I.S.H.ing I thought it would be nice to have some W.I.S.H. (We're Inspired to Stay Healthy) Support for us here in the living room of our Creative Community. So, post goals, challenges, weigh-ins, frustrations...anything you want...Let's keep on track together :grouphug:

Can I be the group cheerleader?? You all would hate me, I can't gain weight.. so can I help by supporting all of you???

My DS has that problem...I think he is a changling or something, we all have weight issues, even the dogs, but DS14 (almost 15) can't gain...sheesh...

Please cheer us on!

This is cool!!!! I just started going to the gym and I am going to me a new me!!!! A lean mean "EVIL" Machine!!!!! :rotfl2:

Can you picture it???? LOL!!!! :rotfl:

Really, I have lost lots of weight and I want to lose more and now I want to tone my FLABS!!!! So keep the motivation coming Blondie!!!! I need it!!!!

I am working on losing about 20 pounds- I'll join in. I haven't been over to the WISH board so what are we supposed to do?

Rebecca

I've walked 3 days in a row and have done 6 miles so far. I even walked in the rain today!
I need to curb the night time eating though.

What do we want our weigh in day to be?

ok, does this mean I have to stop eating chocolate while DIS'ing? :rolleyes1

seriously, I so need this....but broke my new years resolution on NEW YEARS DAY!!!!!! :sad2:

I'll join you - but I'm not going to focus on numbers on the scale. My goal is to start exercising. I NEED to do this desperately.

I'll start by sharing my frustration. It's really hard for me to find the energy. I work 12 hour shifts - two on, two off, except for the weekends which are three in a row on or off (Two 10 hour shifts and one 12). I am on my feet for all 12 of those hours. Obviously I can't exercise those days. Maybe someday, but certainly not to start. By the time I get to that day off I'm so exhausted from work that it's like I need until noon to recover - sleep in or just relax for the morning. And it's very hard for me to find the motivation to go to the gym or do anything in the afternoons -that's when I need to be getting other stuff done. I know it's a vicious cycle and if I were in better shape then work wouldn't wear me out so much, but it's so hard to get there!

I would love to join you - but I do not touch a scale - don't own one...
they are eveil i tell yah!!!:scared1:

I did run/walk 3x this week:woohoo: uah so I have to run 3 min walk 3 min - but gotta start somewhere right... and I can tell you that the old size 16's are sooo baggy I can't really even wear them with a belt they still hang baggy!!!

I'm so in!! Thanks for starting this! I was on the WISH boards a lot last spring, and it helped me lose 35 pounds. I need to lose 10-15 more (this includes the 5 pounds I gained over Christmas :( ). I would like to lose them before we go back to WDW in March. I am doing the WW points plan, but on my own. I am also trying to start exercising. DH & I are hoping to get the exercise kicked off tomorrow morning by either going to the park to walk or doing a Walk Away the Pounds DVD. I weighed yesterday to get my starting weight, so my weigh-in days will be Thursday, I think.

I think that, for me, this thread will really help! I feel like I "know" the people on here, and that makes it even more motivational--lots of friend support! Does that make sense? :)

We can SO do this everyone!! :cheer2:

I'll join you - but I'm not going to focus on numbers on the scale. My goal is to start exercising. I NEED to do this desperately.

I'll start by sharing my frustration. It's really hard for me to find the energy. I work 12 hour shifts - two on, two off, except for the weekends which are three in a row on or off (Two 10 hour shifts and one 12). I am on my feet for all 12 of those hours. Obviously I can't exercise those days. Maybe someday, but certainly not to start. By the time I get to that day off I'm so exhausted from work that it's like I need until noon to recover - sleep in or just relax for the morning. And it's very hard for me to find the motivation to go to the gym or do anything in the afternoons -that's when I need to be getting other stuff done. I know it's a vicious cycle and if I were in better shape then work wouldn't wear me out so much, but it's so hard to get there!

If you are on your feet at work, get a pedometer to see how many steps you take a day. 10,000 is optimal. It can be done too. When the kids rode the bus last year I would do 200-250 steps while waiting for the bus.
Also talk to your doctor FIRST but I use the Women's one a day weight smart vitamin. Wow talk about an energy boost. I usually have it with breakfast and I'm good to go all day.
You may not need to work out on your day off either. Do you take an elevator where you work, if so do the stairs. Walk around the building on your break.

If you are on your feet at work, get a pedometer to see how many steps you take a day. 10,000 is optimal. It can be done too. When the kids rode the bus last year I would do 200-250 steps while waiting for the bus.
Also talk to your doctor FIRST but I use the Women's one a day weight smart vitamin. Wow talk about an energy boost. I usually have it with breakfast and I'm good to go all day.
You may not need to work out on your day off either. Do you take an elevator where you work, if so do the stairs. Walk around the building on your break.

Those are reasonable tips but I do not work in a typical environment. I'm sure I take a million steps a day but I've been doing this for five years so I can definitively say nothing I do at work counts exercise wise. No elevator, and I do not get a break.

Women's one a day weight smart has herbal products in it that are a little too close to ephedrine for my liking.

ok, I'm officially in! I got on the scale on Jan 1st, so have my starting weight...and have actually lost 2 lbs since then.

Goals -- to get started...
walk 1 mile at least 2x week:cool1: :yay:
more water
less coffee w/cream & sugar. :coffee: maybe once a week as a treat!

first mini-goal: 10 lbs. Just a drop in the bucket, but gotta start somewhere.

Good luck to us all! :wizard:

Listing my goals-

1. I have a starting weight- I have lost 1/2 pound since January 1.
2. I will work out on my eliptical machine 4 days a week.
3. I will walk 10000 steps a day. I have a pedometer I wear at Disney so it will be easy to measure this.
4. I will begin cutting back on the sugar in my herbal tea.
5. I am working towards losing 20 pounds but I will start with a goal of 5 pounds.

Good luck everyone.

Rebecca

I cant give up the caramel macchiatos so I use Splenda instead of sugar. But you don't need as much either, it's very sweet.

I wasn't very good over the weekend...we ordered out at work...

Today will be back on track though....staying on points today and being good :angel:

I have been good about cutting out my snacking but I need to work on my calories at meals. I ate out and had fried chicken at lunch and then a slice of frozen pizza for dinner but I have a menu planned out and should be better over the next few weeks. I would like to lose another pound or two before I head to Disney in 2 weekends.

How have I missed this thread over the past week!

I agree with SIOH, this will help me more than the other boards because y'all are my friends...I know you. Much more motivational.

I am trying to get healthier. I have IBS and blood pressure creep (not high, just trying to go higher). About 3 years ago I lost 40 pounds with LAWeightloss...I kept about half of it off...which isn't horrible. But I want some of that to go away again.

DH and I are doing a kind of modified LAW plan (he wants to lose some too) and we are walking - just not this week, which is wierd and crazy.

I don't weigh anymore - scales are evil - but my pants are already getting looser. I average about 10 pounds a size, so I can estimate that I am probably about 2 or 3 pounds down right now.

Yeah, this is great!

AGH! weighed in this morning, gained 1 lb. I really need to cut back on my portions. I do ok during the day but night gets me.
I walked 2.2 mile today. I did not walk this weekend or Monday. I tried the treadmill but it just wasn't happening. I have to walk every day so when DH isn't here and I have to take the baby, I'm going to go to the mall. I figure a mile is probably 1 lap around so I will aim for 2 laps and by the end of next week I want to be at 3 miles.

Forgot to weigh in today...Starting WW officially next week, but trying to count points myself now...

Ate out lunch with a friend, and had burgers and some fries...wow, I'm wiped out right now...must be all the carbs. Getting a cup of coffee to perk up, as I have a few things left on the list I have to finish...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter