W.I.S.H. Support! in the Creative Community Livingroom

10 pounds over 2 and a 1/2 months is really good. I wish I could do that.

Although I would say that field day was great exercise yesterday. Trying to take pictures of all the events going on at the same time gave me 2 miles and then we walked afterschool (we do a 2 mile walk twice a week).

Rebecca

Let me tell you something that might make you feel better. I went to a continuing education seminar last week hosted by a dietitian and learned all kinds of interesting facts. She said that while many people find it easy to lose weight quickly, it is very unlikely that they will keep that weight off long term. For the best likelihood of long-term success she recommends 1-2 lbs weight loss per month! A lot of people gasped at that but she said at the end of the year you will have lost 12-24 lbs and you will likely be able to keep that off.

And if you've been exercising that often, remember that you are turning fat into muscle so the number on the scale will not go down as quickly, so go by the better indicator - do your clothes fit better?

My DH has turned into a workout monster (2-3 hours a day some days!) and he keeps getting frustrated because his weight hasn't gone down much at all, but he's quite obviously much trimmer. I hate him, of course. ;)

OK, I'm down another 6. That makes my total 20!!!:banana:

Thanks guys :teeth:

It's just a drop in the bucket of the number I have to lose though...

Pants are fitting better, but did you ever notice when you lose weight it isn't exactly WHERE you want to lose it? It kind of picks it's own spots to reduce first...like my legs...ummmm, that is not the exact place I was hoping to get smaller...ya know?

It does seem to pick its own spot.Congrats on the 20 pounds total- That is fantastic!!!

Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter