Wait List question Grand Floridian/BLT

Iris2

Earning My Ears
We are trying to book several of our family for a quick four day visit at the end of June. My parents would prefer a studio over a one bedroom.
I currently have them booked in a one bedroom at BLT theme park view for one night then transferring to three nights in a one bedroom lake view.
At the grand floridan I can get them one night in a resort studio, then there is nothing the second night, then I can get the remaining nights back in the same studio.

What is more likely to come through as a wait list - one random night at the grand Floridian studio or four nights at BLT studio?
if it was my immediate family I would gamble on a wait list and move us around if needed by my parents are in their 70s and it’s not so easy for them to change rooms.

BLT and VGF studios are both tough because there are so many view/accessibility/lock off categories there aren't many of any particular room. Both of them have a lot of studios, but not many of any particular combination.

I would book the first two nights with what you can get and waitlist the two together, knowing this likely won't fill.

Poly is a good pick if you can get that. There are a ton of Poly studios, and they do open up. The middle night would likely fill for Poly (not lake) if you aren't super peak.

BLT and VGF studios are both tough because there are so many view/accessibility/lock off categories there aren't many of any particular room. Both of them have a lot of studios, but not many of any particular combination.

I would book the first two nights with what you can get and waitlist the two together, knowing this likely won't fill.

Poly is a good pick if you can get that. There are a ton of Poly studios, and they do open up. The middle night would likely fill for Poly (not lake) if you aren't super peak.
Poly has by far the most studios in one category (nearly 290). The next would be the stand alone resort studios at VGF with about 85 in standard and lagoon view each while the 100 or so lake view studios at BLT are shared with the 1-BR lock offs.

A really good chance of that one night in the resort studio coming through. I would book that and waitlist the one night, and also check the website once or twice a day in case an opening pops up that's not grabbed through the waitlist.

Thanks for all your thoughts. I checked early this morning and was able to get a block of three days at blt. Now I have a single one bedroom night at blt followed by three nights in a standard view studio at blt. I wait listed the single night standard view so they could combine the reservations if it comes through. And I waitlisted the full four nights at lake view blt. Probably not going to come through but seemed more likely than theme park view.
I’ll keep checking for the one night in cas so can grab it before the waitlist comes through

Thanks for all your thoughts. I checked early this morning and was able to get a block of three days at blt. Now I have a single one bedroom night at blt followed by three nights in a standard view studio at blt. I wait listed the single night standard view so they could combine the reservations if it comes through. And I waitlisted the full four nights at lake view blt. Probably not going to come through but seemed more likely than theme park view.
I’ll keep checking for the one night in cas so can grab it before the waitlist comes through
Nice and a low point cost! Definitely check multiple times a day as I have had luck getting rooms before the waitlist grabs them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter