Wait Time Sites - Better than the Disney App?

MagicTravels

Earning My Ears
We're trying to plan here so what do folks think about these Disneyland wait time planning sites like thrill-data dot com (sorry I can't post the link here for some reason)?

How do these people get their data? Can it be trusted?

It’s probably the most reliable and referenced site for wait times and G+ availability in the Disney community. It’s as good as it gets. They get their information straight from the Disney app.

We're trying to plan here so what do folks think about these Disneyland wait time planning sites like thrill-data dot com (sorry I can't post the link here for some reason)?

How do these people get their data? Can it be trusted?
Are you asking about Disneyland in California or Walt Disney World in Florida?

It’s probably the most reliable and referenced site for wait times and G+ availability in the Disney community. It’s as good as it gets. They get their information straight from the Disney app.
Thanks - does it add anything over the app?

I've checked out the thrill-data site, but I'm no numbers geek and those graphs are Greek to me.
Can someone explain how best to make practical use of the information found there?

I would just stick to the official Disneyland app, as it pulls numbers directly from in park system.

Future prediction sites have been way off since re-opening as there's been many 'normally slow' weekdays (pre-pandemic) that are now packed. To each his own, but I never use or trust those sites. ....even worse are the ones who claim to know it all and actually charge for iPhone apps.

Thanks - does it add anything over the app?
Well yeah, it provides the daily data for wait times and G+ availability for each day. You can look at yesterdays data and get a feel of what wait times and G+ availability will be today (assuming the days are similar in nature). I’m going in June. I can go to my dates in June 2022 to get an idea of what wait times and G+ availability for the week I’m there in 2023.

The previous poster said to just use the data from the app, but thrill data does just that. It pulls the wait times and availability right from the app every hour or so. Thrill data doesn’t do predictions, it merely posts past data. It’s me who is doing the predictions based on when I’m going or what similar days I need data from.

The main charts are wait times and G+ availability. The wait times is pretty self explanatory. These are the wait times at each hour of the day. They are literally pulled from the app.

The G+ availability charts tells you either how far out the return time was if you grab a selection at that time or what the return time actually was. For example, if you look at Matterhorn at 9am, and the chart is orange, then you will get a return time about 80 minutes out or at 10:20. This data is pulled directly from the app.

Again, thrill data doesn’t do predictions. The best way to use it is to find a similar day to which you are going and use that data to provide a reasonable estimate as to what your day will be like. Are you going on Easter? Look at Easter last year to see what that day was like.

The Disney App wait times are usually close enough.
Just know that Disney usually inflates those numbers by 5-10 minutes.
The only time its later is if the ride just opened and the app has not caught up.

Information on when you should start looking at G+ for specific attractions that you have slotted into a touring plan at specific times could be useful.
I'll check it out.

Why would you need an external site to tell you what the disney app does already??
The Disney app doesn’t tell you what the wait times were on Memorial Day last year so you can plan for Memorial Day this year. The Disney app doesn’t tell you over the past week when Rise Of Resistance ILL sells out so you can plan to be in the park by a specific time in order to get a reasonable chance to grab one. The Disney app doesn’t capture historical information to show whether wait times are better the first week of July or the last week of July. The Disney app doesn’t tell you over the last week about what time LLs for Web Slingers sold out so you need to be sure you grab one before then. The Disney app doesn’t tell you what time over the past week Big Thunder Mountain return times get into the 9pm range so you can plan to get one to ride it after fireworks.

Why would you need an external site to tell you what the disney app does already??
If you go to the Disneyland app now and look, it will tell you what the current posted wait times are. It won't tell you what they were yesterday at this time, last Saturday at 10:00, or any time other than right now. Thrill-data has a lot of data available to use for comparison purposes. People find that useful for planning purposes. Admittedly, Thrill-data is not a good source if you are in the parks now and wondering if you should get in line for a ride.

Since G+ I find the Disney wait times to be inaccurate and I think it's on purpose to make people want to purchase ILL or G+

Since G+ I find the Disney wait times to be inaccurate and I think it's on purpose to make people want to purchase ILL or G+
One problem with your theory is that Disney's posted wait times were inaccurate for years before Genie+ came along. Touring Plans helped make its business a success by having a Lines app that gave more accurate projected wait times.

If you go to the Disneyland app now and look, it will tell you what the current posted wait times are. It won't tell you what they were yesterday at this time, last Saturday at 10:00, or any time other than right now. Thrill-data has a lot of data available to use for comparison purposes. People find that useful for planning purposes. Admittedly, Thrill-data is not a good source if you are in the parks now and wondering if you should get in line for a ride.
Ah, I didn't realize it was for that. I thought OP was asking for the day of, which as you say it's kinda silly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter