Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report *updated 8/24*

Pre Trip Report: Part 39 - We've Arrived!​

Just wanted to provide a quick update to let you all know we arrived in Orlando safe and sound ... well, safe anyway. Trip was a bit of an ordeal - really just the drive to the airport ... but that is a tale for the actual trip report

We do have a pic from the fake-o-rail to prove we got here - you can also see how we rigged up Peter's car seat for transporting him as well

j5kb_649_udpu1.jpg

Just couldn't get to the "1 week from today ... " post - so will try to get to two tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well!

TTFN

Fantastic job doing the shirts!

Oh Emma looks so adorable in the portable bassinet. So tiny! Wish they would stay like that forever.

Aside from the other strap I had seen on Dugette's TR for the carseat, this was the other idea I was thinking about, but how sturdy is it? I'm afraid of being a total mommy failure and seeing DS spill out!

So technically i'm not allowed to use 'MGM' because I 'found' WDW in the Summer of 2008 and it looks like they changed their name in January 2008. Boo to me.

Geez, the old school contemporary rooms look so boring.

YES to the grapefruit cake! :cool1: It is so delicious. I remember getting the cobb salad as an appetizer and the ahi tuna (if it's still on there) as a main. It was very good and fresh. DH ordered the same thing AND finished mine so he enjoyed it as well.

I haven't really read much about the Frozen Summer event, but they're having fireworks at DHS?! Where are they firing them off at?

We'll be doing Tusker House in January for breakfast and i'm so excited! It will be DS's first character meal so hopefully it will go well. I can't really tell, is that beer or juice?? I want to say beer because it's you, but it's also 8 in the morning, so i'm not sure :confused3

Hopefully you will be able to watch Wishes from the bar area that would be perfect.

Glad to hear you guys made it safe! :thumbsup2

Yay!! Glad you all made it!! Love that monorail I don't care what anyone says! It's so exciting to be on it! Looks like peter was a good car seat traveler :)

Leshaface said:
Fantastic job doing the shirts!

Oh Emma looks so adorable in the portable bassinet. So tiny! Wish they would stay like that forever.

Aside from the other strap I had seen on Dugette's TR for the carseat, this was the other idea I was thinking about, but how sturdy is it? I'm afraid of being a total mommy failure and seeing DS spill out!

So technically i'm not allowed to use 'MGM' because I 'found' WDW in the Summer of 2008 and it looks like they changed their name in January 2008. Boo to me.

Geez, the old school contemporary rooms look so boring.

YES to the grapefruit cake! :cool1: It is so delicious. I remember getting the cobb salad as an appetizer and the ahi tuna (if it's still on there) as a main. It was very good and fresh. DH ordered the same thing AND finished mine so he enjoyed it as well.

I haven't really read much about the Frozen Summer event, but they're having fireworks at DHS?! Where are they firing them off at?

We'll be doing Tusker House in January for breakfast and i'm so excited! It will be DS's first character meal so hopefully it will go well. I can't really tell, is that beer or juice?? I want to say beer because it's you, but it's also 8 in the morning, so i'm not sure :confused3

Hopefully you will be able to watch Wishes from the bar area that would be perfect.

Glad to hear you guys made it safe! :thumbsup2

Thank you! I know, it's crazy how much she has already grown!

I'll let you call it MGM ;)

Thanks for the thoughts on HBD - will definitely keep that Tuna fish in mind for Judi.

It is POG juice - Pineapple, Orange, Guava. And it's delicious. Only breakfast beer I know is Hoegaarden Mimossas

Thanks!

Thanks for all the well wishes on a safe arrival.

Unfortunately the place we are staying doesn't have WiFi so will try to provide smaller "1 week from today ..." Posts as just working on my phone.

Hope everyone is well.

Also, happy 1 month birthday to Emma and happy annual birthday to Judi (both today)!

I remembered last night that I had missed being here just as I was going to sleep.

But yaaay for arrival! I'm glad that you got there safe and sound.

So exciting! And happy birthday to Judi and happy monthday to Emma!

Glad you guys made it safe!!!

So jealous!!

I really can't wait for the TR!!! ( but I know you can, hope the trip goes by slow for you- I know how they fly by!

Pre Trip Report: Part 40 - 1 week from yesterday - Magic Kingdom part 1​
(as mentioned above, doing this from my phone, so definite low picture count)

So one week from yesterday is another pre-park opening breakfast ADR - this time at Cinderella's Royal Table. This is our first time eating here and I fully expect Olivia to freak out a bit.

Definitely welcome any food recommendations. I heard recently someone got the traditional plate but subbed out the meat for the stuffed French Toast, so pretty sure Judi will get that.

Before breakfast we have an appointment for Olivia at the Bipity Bopity Bodega - a.k.a. our bathroom and a can of colored sparkle hairspray. ;)

After that we have a FP+ at the Mine Train (9:30-10:30) where we plan to meet back up with Lauen and her daughter - hopefully we all get along and we can watch her daughter so she can go on the Mine Train.

Then we have a FP+ with Anna and Elsa (10:40-11:40) where there will be much excitement. I am a little bummed they no longer are meeting together, but I am sure it will still be great. Hope they like the kids' magic bands.

Then we have a lunch FP at BOG (11:40-12:10). We lived the food here last time - I will probably get the pork and either the strawberry or chocolate cupcake

Last FP+ is then for Peter Pan (12:00-1:00). This ride was down our last trip so excited to get on it.

After will look to schedule a 4th FP+ for later and then head back to the room. Depending on how we are doing some/all of us might come back for the parade.

We will definitely be coming back at some point as later that night we have booked the Tomorrowland Terrace dessert Party (8:05). So we can watch MSEP, Celebrate the Magic , and Wiashes from there. Probably get dinner back at Contemporary or just get counter service or snacks.

Beyond scheduled FP+ attractions we hope to get on some of the Fantasyland attractions, the Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, the Railroad (which was also down our last trip) and at least one of the other Mountains. We do have another day at MK (and both days it is rated most preferred park) so hoping to avoid long lines.

We also are planning on meeting up with Missy (Missyrose) and her husband Franklin at som point this day.

TTFN

Pre Trip Report: Part 41 - 1 week from today - EPCOT​

So 4th day of the trip and finally getting to my favorite park, EPCOT!

After two early days in a row we plan to take today slower and get up as we do and munch in the room, etc. Then get over to EPCOT and grab a lateish breakfast at sunshine Seasons complete with Stawberry Shortcake. I've never had theirs yet, so bit of a mission for the trip.

Our first FP+ is for Spaceship Earth (11:10-12:10) which is a must do for use and one of the few decent tier 2 options at EPCOT. We the have the Character Spot (12:20-1:20) and the Soarin' (1:45-2:45). If the rider switch still seems to be working I may switch just me to Test track, but shall see.

For food I am thinking to try the new spice Road for a lateish lunch and of course a stop at The ditch for a margaritas or two. We have a dinner ADR at The Garden Grill (6:35). Another place we have never done but the kids love Living with the Land and I think the food will appeal to them - plus I love family style ... And some more characters of course! Depending on how we are feeling may stay for Illumibations, might not. Depends on how much of a mid-day break we get .

Other attractions we hope to hit are Living with the Land, Nemo and Turtle Talk (hopefully Caitlin is working and we can say hi to her), Mexican It's a Small World, and for one last time maelstrom.

Only one more day to go already

TTFN

I haven't had CRT breakfast but I'm sure it will be great and even if it's not the princesses will make it worth it.

I actually hear meeting Anna and Elsa one at a time is better because then they both interact with you more.

And oooh dessert party sounds amazing. Overall sounds like an awesome day.

Epcot is the best!

The strawberry shortcake is a good call. We had it in May and loved it.

Solid FP+ options and good overall plan. Except for possibly missing the best fireworks show at Disney ;)

I remembered last night that I had missed being here just as I was going to sleep.

But yaaay for arrival! I'm glad that you got there safe and sound.

So exciting! And happy birthday to Judi and happy monthday to Emma!

Thanks Amber - hope remember ing this PTR right before going to sleep didn't give you nightmares or anything :rotfl:

Thanks! I like the term "Monthday" :goodvibes

Glad you guys made it safe!!!

So jealous!!

I really can't wait for the TR!!! ( but I know you can, hope the trip goes by slow for you- I know how they fly by!

Thnks - I am sure it will go super fast! Hope I am able to get started on the TR shortly after we return - been trying to start on some notes to at least be able to kick it off.

Plans for that day sound great; I love your Bipity Bopity Bodega. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thanks Kathy! Hey Olivia is happy with that process and hasn't discovered the real one yet. Much like with American Girl dolls we hope to keep her in the dark. :rotfl:

I haven't had CRT breakfast but I'm sure it will be great and even if it's not the princesses will make it worth it.

I actually hear meeting Anna and Elsa one at a time is better because then they both interact with you more.

And oooh dessert party sounds amazing. Overall sounds like an awesome day.

Epcot is the best!

The strawberry shortcake is a good call. We had it in May and loved it.

Solid FP+ options and good overall plan. Except for possibly missing the best fireworks show at Disney ;)

Oh I agree Amber - definitely going to CRT for the experience and just getting to take princess loving Olivia to eat in the Castle.

That's good to hear about the A&E meets - was a little concerned about them not having each other to play off of, but definitely hoping for the best.

Yeah! Another vote for the Strawberry Shortcake! And I know, I really don't want to miss Illuminations but just trying to go in and not be disappointed if we do. While I think nothing provides the feelings Wishes does, i agree illuminations is the best show.

Yay for arrival! :yay: Sorry you had a rough getting-to-the-airport experience, though. :eek:

I'm impressed you were able to do those updates from your phone. I couldn't even muster up the stamina to post this reply from my phone and waited until I got home to the laptop. :rotfl2:

Plans are sounding good! :thumbsup2

Happy birthday to two of your girls! :bday:

Just wanted to say I'm still following along! We will be at Epcot 1 week from today as well! Too bad you aren't staying at Riverside, because my roommate while I was on the college program was a Fairy God Mother In Training and taught me how to do all the hairstyles. I would have offered to do Olivia's for you!

A bit behind but skimmed your plans. How do you get the kids on board with early mornings and late nights? We did mid day breaks but still they were crashing well before fireworks each night- w the exception of illuminations when we did no park that morning!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Yay for arrival! :yay: Sorry you had a rough getting-to-the-airport experience, though. :eek:

I'm impressed you were able to do those updates from your phone. I couldn't even muster up the stamina to post this reply from my phone and waited until I got home to the laptop. :rotfl2:

Plans are sounding good! :thumbsup2

Happy birthday to two of your girls! :bday:

Well, we survived - just way more stressful than I hoped for. The flight itself went better than I expected - so all-in-all i'll take it.

Hey, as a good DISer I do what 8 gotta do ;)

Just wanted to say I'm still following along! We will be at Epcot 1 week from today as well! Too bad you aren't staying at Riverside, because my roommate while I was on the college program was a Fairy God Mother In Training and taught me how to do all the hairstyles. I would have offered to do Olivia's for you!

Thanks for the offer! We brought he stuff to do a bun from ballet so will probably do that. Maybe we can run into each other in EPCOT :goodvibes

A bit behind but skimmed your plans. How do you get the kids on board with early mornings and late nights? We did mid day breaks but still they were crashing well before fireworks each night- w the exception of illuminations when we did no park that morning!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Well, we will see how they do :lmao:

They seemed to do ok last October and are generally ok in the morning. We will have a stroller and if they fall asleep, so be it. Really only that one MK day we plan to do early morning and evening. Other days are half days in park or later arrival. But we shall see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter