Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report *updated 8/24*

I was so bummed to miss Frozen Fireworks even though saw from resort every night. Not the same. Then I was like ok I'll just YouTube it when I go home lol

Enjoy Garden Grill. Loved the interaction from Chip/Dale/Pluto- they were wild. And Mickey was good too- they all came around twice! O'Hana was everyone's favorite meal on our trip.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hope you guys enjoy your trip. I was laughing at that photo of your son in the rigged carseat. And the bipity bopity bodega is hilarious!

A&E no longer meet together? boy am I out of the loop.
Are they switching back and forth or do you have to choose?

I was so bummed to miss Frozen Fireworks even though saw from resort every night. Not the same. Then I was like ok I'll just YouTube it when I go home lol

Enjoy Garden Grill. Loved the interaction from Chip/Dale/Pluto- they were wild. And Mickey was good too- they all came around twice! O'Hana was everyone's favorite meal on our trip.

Thanks - glad you enjoyed the Character interaction at Garden Grill. I am really looking forward to it and hope the rest of the family enjoys it. We did 'Ohana a few trips ago andcrwally enjoyed it - though there have been a few menu tweaks since then. We did get to enjoy the bread pudding last trip as we ordered it from Kona Cafe

Hope you guys enjoy your trip. I was laughing at that photo of your son in the rigged carseat. And the bipity bopity bodega is hilarious!

A&E no longer meet together? boy am I out of the loop.
Are they switching back and forth or do you have to choose?

The car seat rigging worked great and he was actually ok in getting itn it (was worried he would fight it).

Sorry for the confusion. A&E are still in the same room (so you get both with one visit, but they used to be together in one spot and Aurora in the othwe. The bumped Aurora and now it is just A&E, one at a time.

Pre Trip Report: Part 42 - 1 week from today - MK part 2​

Crazy to think that one week from today will be our last day at Disney World :sad2:

We originally were planning on only 4 park days but we got the 5th day on the tickets for free and figured we would do the morning at MK before catching our flight home. Then we realized flying home Saturday morning was a lot cheaper than Friday evening, so now we have basically a bonus full day to spend. So the plan is to just do anything we didn't get to on Wednesday at MK and/or anything we want to do again.

We actually don't have any ADR's for today as of now - maybe we will see how the week is going and how we do that day. For FP+ we have:
- Enchanted Tales with Belle (9:10-10:10) - last trip line was very long and Olivia said she would rather do other things than wait so have never done this before.
- Mine Train (10:20-11:20) - assuming we want to go on this again ;)
- Anna & Elsa (5:50-6:50) - this was a placeholder be for I got the time to work for all of us together Wed. morning. Assuming we make that one and don't feel we have to do it again I will cancel it so another family can get to see them - probably try to replace with one of the mountains we hadn't gotten to yet or a character meet.

Other than that, pretty wide open. Think I might want to try a waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hallow. If we feel we are at a point we are just done might head out to check in to hotel we are staying at for the night. We have a super early flight so don't want to be gone too long. Maybe take a late morning break, then try to go back for parade to end our trip - we shall see.

I will probably have one more post to wrap this up before we arrive and then one last one with a link to actual trip report once I start it.

TTFN

Yay for a bonus day! :cool1: Though crazy the week-from-now trip is almost over already! :sad2: Nice to have that extra time where you can be flexible with your schedule. Hope the family time is going well for you down there! :goodvibes

A bonus day is always a great thing! I like the idea of just hitting what you missed or what you enjoyed and no ADR's...just winging it.

Bibbity bobbity bodega! I love that!!!!

I'm sure much cheaper than the real thing!!! I wanted to do the pirates league for my oldest last time but decided against- Maybe next time!

Yay for a bonus day! :cool1: Though crazy the week-from-now trip is almost over already! :sad2: Nice to have that extra time where you can be flexible with your schedule. Hope the family time is going well for you down there! :goodvibes

Though on the plus side, means we are a week and a day from starting to plan our next trip :rotfl2:

Family time is going well. Plus, made a major trip to Target yesterday to replace what was in the bag we forgot but also snacks and stuff for when at Disney - so pretty set with that now. :goodvibes

A bonus day is always a great thing! I like the idea of just hitting what you missed or what you enjoyed and no ADR's...just winging it.

Thanks Kathy - I think it should work out but I could also see us scheduling something as the week goes along. Trying to stay flexible though ;)

Bibbity bobbity bodega! I love that!!!!

I'm sure much cheaper than the real thing!!! I wanted to do the pirates league for my oldest last time but decided against- Maybe next time!

Oh yeah - way cheaper and Olivia seems happy with it. I was thinking of pirates league as well as I think Olivia would like the mermaids makeover, but thought better wait until Peter is a little older and have his do it as well.

Pre Trip Report: Part 42 - 1 week from today - MK part 2 Crazy to think that one week from today will be our last day at Disney World :sad2: We originally were planning on only 4 park days but we got the 5th day on the tickets for free and figured we would do the morning at MK before catching our flight home. Then we realized flying home Saturday morning was a lot cheaper than Friday evening, so now we have basically a bonus full day to spend. So the plan is to just do anything we didn't get to on Wednesday at MK and/or anything we want to do again. We actually don't have any ADR's for today as of now - maybe we will see how the week is going and how we do that day. For FP+ we have: - Enchanted Tales with Belle (9:10-10:10) - last trip line was very long and Olivia said she would rather do other things than wait so have never done this before. - Mine Train (10:20-11:20) - assuming we want to go on this again ;) - Anna & Elsa (5:50-6:50) - this was a placeholder be for I got the time to work for all of us together Wed. morning. Assuming we make that one and don't feel we have to do it again I will cancel it so another family can get to see them - probably try to replace with one of the mountains we hadn't gotten to yet or a character meet. Other than that, pretty wide open. Think I might want to try a waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hallow. If we feel we are at a point we are just done might head out to check in to hotel we are staying at for the night. We have a super early flight so don't want to be gone too long. Maybe take a late morning break, then try to go back for parade to end our trip - we shall see. I will probably have one more post to wrap this up before we arrive and then one last one with a link to actual trip report once I start it. TTFN

Thi was our first time doing ETWB. DD was chosen to be Chip. It was adorable- LOVED it.

Bonus last days are the best! We got a bonus start day. Well, not really, but we're getting in the night before because we're saving money like you, enough to pay the extra night and that means waking up in Disney and starting there instead of getting there midday. So I think it's a win ;)

And it all seems like a good plan. The FP+ entrance for ETwB lacks some of the magic of going through the house (very detailed) but you still get the mirror and everything else so I'm sure it'll be great.

If you end up getting rid of the Anna and Elsa FP+ I'm sure some family will be overjoyed that they manage to snag them :)

Thi was our first time doing ETWB. DD was chosen to be Chip. It was adorable- LOVED it.

Last trip Olivia didn't want to be in the "play" so we shall see how she does this time. Hopefully we get to do it as I really want to see the mirror effect in person :goodvibes

Bonus last days are the best! We got a bonus start day. Well, not really, but we're getting in the night before because we're saving money like you, enough to pay the extra night and that means waking up in Disney and starting there instead of getting there midday. So I think it's a win ;)

And it all seems like a good plan. The FP+ entrance for ETwB lacks some of the magic of going through the house (very detailed) but you still get the mirror and everything else so I'm sure it'll be great.

If you end up getting rid of the Anna and Elsa FP+ I'm sure some family will be overjoyed that they manage to snag them :)

I think you definitely got a win ... You basically are getting Free Disney (at leased based on the Disney Math methodology ;) ). I think it is always sgreat when you get to add an extra day as you kinda had fit your plans into the original days so (at least for me) gives some buffer to do things you didn't get to or didn't plan for.

We will definitely check wait times and if isn't long I would like to see the ETwB cottage, but if not, at least we will get to see the Magic Mirror :thumbsup2

I know we would be so excited if we we shut out of A&E and saw one come up so if we can pass that along will be happy to

Pre Trip Report: Part 43 - the Final Countdown!​

Well, I was delighted to see this when logging in this morning:
1j72_db0_udpu1.png

We have had a very nice time with family and went to the pool and beach and had some nice meals out ... But definitely excited to head up to Orlando tomorrow morning after breakfast and start the Disney World portion of our vacation.

And with that, I think this pre-trip report has run its course - though I will prove a link to my trip report once I start it.

A big Thank You to everyone who followed along and helped make this such an entertaining process for me and helped with advice and encouragement! I hope you enjoyed it as well ... and always remember to " see what a little Wishing can do"

TTFN

Yay, have a wonderful time at WDW!!! :cool1:

So sad we're missing you by a day (or really a few hours)! :sad2:

Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back! :goodvibes

TheMaxRebo said:
Last trip Olivia didn't want to be in the "play" so we shall see how she does this time. Hopefully we get to do it as I really want to see the mirror effect in person :goodvibes

I think you definitely got a win ... You basically are getting Free Disney (at leased based on the Disney Math methodology ;) ). I think it is always sgreat when you get to add an extra day as you kinda had fit your plans into the original days so (at least for me) gives some buffer to do things you didn't get to or didn't plan for.

We will definitely check wait times and if isn't long I would like to see the ETwB cottage, but if not, at least we will get to see the Magic Mirror :thumbsup2

I know we would be so excited if we we shut out of A&E and saw one come up so if we can pass that along will be happy to

I can't wait to come anyone know what is good to do or if Disney world does anything special for anniversary

Yahoo!

I'm so far behind on my all the TR's that I've been following. Looking forward to catching up, and then following along when you get your TR going!!!!

Wanted to pop over and say how much i'm enjoying your pictures of the trip on your FB! Although, I feel like i'm cheating your TR by looking at them:rotfl:

Glad you made it safely!

Olivia will definitely freak over CRT (of course that's after her bodega makeover :rotfl:)! Curious to know if Judi will be successful in swapping the meat for the french toast, as that is something I would consider doing if I went there in the future. Sounds like it will be a fun MK day!

Epcot and MK Day 2 sound great!

I hope you are having a blast!!! Can't wait for the TR!

Taking a break back at the hotel - thought I would post a few replies.

Things are going great! Though, many Things are taking longer with just Judi and I and the three, so not getting on many "bigger" attractions - so it has been a different trip than in the past .... Just great in a different way.

Oh, and Olivia was tall enoght for Expedition Everest! Too bad she hated it :rotfl:

Yay, have a wonderful time at WDW!!! :cool1:

So sad we're missing you by a day (or really a few hours)! :sad2:

Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back! :goodvibes

I know sucks that we are just missing each other. I am sure you will have a great trip - the Frozen Summer stuff we did was great, especially the sing along

Yahoo!

I'm so far behind on my all the TR's that I've been following. Looking forward to catching up, and then following along when you get your TR going!!!!

Hopefully will get it started shortly after returning home .... Though keeping up on it will depend on how much work has backed up.

:dance3::dance3::dance3: have a magical time

Thanks Kathy - going well so far! Definitely have had some magical moments already :goodvibes

Hope you all have an awesome time! I can't wait to read about your trip when you get back! :)

Hopefully I will be able to capture all the fun, magic (and some frustrations) in the Trip Report. Nothing bad, just figuring out how to travel as a family of 5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter