wait, what? it's another trip to disney! Sept 2014 FINAL UPDATE 1-28

STLMickeyMom

DIS Veteran
:wave2: HELLO! :wave2:

and

:flower3: WELCOME :flower3:

to my second trip report! if you'd like to read about our previous trip, there's a link in my signature to my first trip report "first trip do-over, the TR".

for anyone new, let me introduce us....and show you my favorite Disney picture from our January trip.

Hannah, our oldest, just turned 7. I call her my little ray of sunshine! she is totally sweet and kind (well, to everyone but her sister--that's normal, right? let's say it is!) and loves to play and be with friends. she is in first grade now and is getting used to a new teacher and different expectations. this was her third trip to Disney.

our youngest, Madison, is 4. she is a little shy around people at first, but once she warms up, she is silly and makes me laugh all the time! she is in preschool right now and loves everything about it, but tells everyone that she is ready for kindergarten! this was also Maddie's third Disney trip.

my DH, Rich, and I, Lori, both love Disney. I love.....well....just about everything about it! Rich likes the art of everything (the actual art, themeing and ideas behind it all) and enjoys learning more about Walt Disney and doing the drawing classes at Hollywood Studios. this was my 6th trip and Rich's 5th.

so, a little about this trip. we just had our fantastic do-over trip in January and loved it, of course! when we got back, I started thinking about what other exciting things we had to look forward to this year. I knew that we'd have a joint birthday party for the girls at the end of summer and then realized that it was our 10th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY this year! since I love planning things, I was all excited about planning some kind of party for our anniversary. I tossed around ideas about doing a luau theme, since we honeymooned in Hawaii, or a fiesta since we love Mexican food, a BBQ, or something Disney themed since Rich proposed there....

HOLD UP!! why stop at a Disney theme when we could actually be IN Disney?!!?

I thought rich would pretty much think I was loonier then usual when i suggested a second Disney trip this year, but to my surprise, he said it sounded like a good idea! of course, I ran with it before he could change his mind! :laughing:

if you'd like to read about the planning and the resort choice and the resort changes and the costumes and the costume changes and all the packing procrastination, just click on the link in my signature "don't know if i'm elated or gassy...."

and so, to stick with my frozen themed titles for this trip, i'll end this first post with this.....
"oh the sky will be blue, and you guys will be there too.....
when I finally tell you what all we did at Disney!!!!"

(seriously, be glad you can't hear me singing that! :rolleyes2 )​

I am so stinking excited! I have been waiting for this!:yay:

I can not wait to year all about your adventure!:yay:

Ps LOVE the new ticker!

Following... Can't wait to hear about your trip! We recently moved to the STL area and are headed for our first trip to WDW next month!

joining! Happy Anniversary! We had our 10th anniversary last year and also celebrated at Disney World!

Great picture from your last trip! :goodvibes

I'm here i'm here!!!

Am i first?!?!?!?!

you are first! thanks for coming along for the ride!

I'm here! Can't wait to hear all about it :)

yay! :yay: glad you're here!

hi! thanks!!

I am so stinking excited! I have been waiting for this!:yay:

I can not wait to year all about your adventure!:yay:

Ps LOVE the new ticker!

thanks--I took off our old one and it was too sad not to have one. I don't know that the date is actually right for this one, but it's close enough for now. I've been waiting to use that one!

Joining in :wave2:

:welcome: thanks for reading along!

Following... Can't wait to hear about your trip! We recently moved to the STL area and are headed for our first trip to WDW next month!

yay!! i'm so excited to meet another STL DISer!! and your first trip?!? how exciting!!! are you doing a PTR? i'd love to hear all your plans!

joining! Happy Anniversary! We had our 10th anniversary last year and also celebrated at Disney World!

Great picture from your last trip! :goodvibes

thanks for the anniversary wishes! thanks for joining in! I just love that picture--soaking wet and wearing the horrible ponchos and still smiling ear to ear cuz we're at Disney!!

Yay!! I've been anxiously awaiting this! Can't wait to hear all about it!

thanks!! i'm so excited to finally get started! my head is overflowing with memories to get written down!

Hi Lori!!! I'm so excited to hear all about your latest trip!!! :goodvibes

i'm so glad you're here!! just wait until you see how AWESOME your shirts looked IN Disney!

Looking forward to reading!

thanks for joining in!

I'm here Lori!

Can't wait to read all about it..

I thought about you a lot the week y'all were in the world :)

I'm here!!! Of course now I feel like an even bigger slacker for not even commenting on mom's ptr since we've been back, much less started a TR!!!! :rotfl2:

Real Life Update.....or one of the reasons (besides post Disney depression) that it took me awhile to get this TR started.

Remember when I mentioned the joint birthday party for the girls? well, genius that I am, I planned it for the weekend after our trip. I thought I was pretty organized and prepared, but I came up with a whole list of things I needed to do between getting back and party day. so, that kept me busy that week.

we had the girls party on Saturday. I guess I should mention that it's just easier for me to do one HUGE party for both the girls sometime between their actual birthdays instead of two smaller parties. this year the girls wanted to do a superhero theme. i'm not exactly sure where they discovered superheroes (i'm thinking Hannah started liking them because the boys I nanny like them and Madison, of course, just copied her sister), but it seemed like a fun theme, so I pinterested like a crazy person (anyone else addicted to pinterest? I thought so!) and came up with a bunch of great ideas!

of course I took a bunch of pictures to share with you! I knew you'd be excited! :rotfl: so--first, excuse the decorations. it was FREEZING and totally WINDY that day. I had big plans, I tell you! I wanted to put out tablecloths, but the clips I have to hold them to the table didn't fit the picnic tables. ok, i'm flexible. ditch the tablecloths. then, I wanted to use some of the tablecloths to make a colorful backdrop behind the food and drink tables and one for a photo op. buuuuut.....after about 15 minutes of getting all wrapped up in plastic tablecloths, convinced I was going to suffocate myself, and wrestling my way out like a crazy person (and, i'm sure, entertaining anyone lucky enough to see me), I conceded to the wind and nixed the backdrops too.

these decorations actually stayed up. I also had more tissue paper puffs hung around with "pop!" and "bam!" and other action words on them. I used some really cool free superhero fonts I found online.

anyway, we had food.....

and played some games--leap over tall building relays and catch the kryptonite.

repurposing the tall buildings. how cute are these two? Jackie and April--when they get married make sure you put this picture in their picture montage at the reception! ;)

my favorite game was capture the bad guy. rich and one of my best friends were the bad guys and the kids covered them with streamers.

to burn off more sugar....I mean energy, I told them to go capture my teenaged helpers too!

the kids all had cute superhero tshirts or costumes on, but it was so cold everybody had coats on over them. you could see the cute shoes terri (denovagirl) made the girls for their party! maddie's are captain America, but I forgot to get a picture. of course, they LOVE their shoes!

one of me and my BFF after we'd had some of the grownup beverage i'd made--the green lantern (1/3 orange juice, 7-up and midori). it had a weird green color, not like I was expecting, but it tasted good! (really, who's cold?!!?)

after we got home, maddie decided that she liked being a bad guy instead!

daddy was mr. incredible, maddie was captain America, Hannah was the hulk and I was wonder woman. just realized I never got a picture of me and Hannah--oops!

I also forgot to get pictures of the goody bags (my brain really was frozen)! I just used lunch bags and printed out "meanwhile....in the goody bag...." on them. super simple, but I thought they were cute!

anyway, I think everybody had lots of fun (or maybe that's lots of sugar). they all left with a smile, so we'll call it a success! :thumbsup2

I'm here Lori!

Can't wait to read all about it..

I thought about you a lot the week y'all were in the world :)

yay! i'm glad you're here to read along! I've got to get the MSEP off the camera to share with you! I thought about you when we saw it!!

I'm here!!! Of course now I feel like an even bigger slacker for not even commenting on mom's ptr since we've been back, much less started a TR!!!! :rotfl2:

i'm so bummed we missed you at the park, but it looks like you all had so much fun on your trip! and don't worry about starting a TR until you're ready--I took my own sweet time! i'll be excited to read about all your adventures!

I'm here too! I've been at Disney but I just got home and am catching up on TRs before I go to bed for about 14 hours to try and catch up on my sleep. :)

That party looks so fun! Really great theme and everything about it is so cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter