Waiting for Sept. Hours - anyone else?

It would be really good if they let the hours out early after the mess up of the August hours.........

That would be awesome! Do they ever release hours early? I'm currently basing my park days on last year's hours, but I'm afraid they'll be different this year :confused3 My ADR date is 6/8, so I hope the hours aren't much later than June 1st!

My wife and I are going September 25- October 3 on the free dining so I am waiting also. May have to just wing it on the two days in October as to where we eat because our adr date is 6/27 and I don't think the October hours will be out by then.

My 90 dat mark is June 10. I am so worried they won't have Sept. hours posted by then. Come on Disney!!

What's everyone's planning strategy for September in terms of which parks which days? Are you planning on just following EMHs? Avoid the EMH parks?

I'm asking because when we went in Sept 2008 it felt like there were very few wait times during the day (a little bit more on the weekend). But, EMH's felt more crowded then regular hours. When we went in February/March 07 we could really utilize the EMHs and got so much done, but it felt almost like a waste going (especially for evening hours). We might just do morning EMHs, but I'm not sure.

Thoughts?

What's everyone's planning strategy for September in terms of which parks which days? Are you planning on just following EMHs? Avoid the EMH parks?

I'm asking because when we went in Sept 2008 it felt like there were very few wait times during the day (a little bit more on the weekend). But, EMH's felt more crowded then regular hours. When we went in February/March 07 we could really utilize the EMHs and got so much done, but it felt almost like a waste going (especially for evening hours). We might just do morning EMHs, but I'm not sure.

Thoughts?

Good question. I'd like to hit EMHs because I don't want to be in the parks mid-day when it's really hot. But, are they much more crowded? Maybe you can get everything done in the non-EMH park without much trouble since it's September? I drive myself crazy thinking about things like this....:rolleyes:

Good question. I'd like to hit EMHs because I don't want to be in the parks mid-day when it's really hot. But, are they much more crowded? Maybe you can get everything done in the non-EMH park without much trouble since it's September? I drive myself crazy thinking about things like this....:rolleyes:

I asked this when we first got back.. maybe last October and some agreed but some had a totally different experience. I know we waited forever for Soarin one night at Epcot. I think we're generally going to try and avoid EMHs at night except MK.

DHS has TOT and RnRC but if you get there first thing in the morning (especially on a weekday) you won't really need to do EMHs at DHS and Toy Story Mania was impossible at any time of the day except first thing (even EMHs the wait was like 70 minutes.. and that was during a fantasmic showing). And Epcot didn't really seem worth it either because its the saem thing.. no lines for the world showcase rides, but Soarin would get quite crowded. We couldn't make it over to AK at night but early hours seem worth it.

So in summary.. I think we'll aim for early EMHs for most of the parks and only do late EMHs for MK, unless we really want to. But you might just want to play it by ear and adjust as necessary. I really wish we wouldn't have kept doing night EMHs after we saw how crowded DHS was (and I wasn't feeling well for the MK night EMHs).

But I don't know everyone's perspective is different. The crowds were quite low during the day in all the parks.. we just made sure to get a spot early for parades becuase alot of people did seem to be waiting for those.

I think I answered my own question but I'd love to hear others strategies :banana:

Thoughts?

We like evening EMH just because we like being in the parks at night, so we'll at least be doing one evening EMH at MK and one at Epcot regardless of crowds. Epcot might be a bit of a disappointment because we were hoping for some after hours enjoyment of the F&W festival but I've been reading that last year they quit keeping the booths open for evening EMH, but since we'll be there for the first weekend of the festival we won't know in advance.

We don't do morning EMH because we don't do mornings. To make morning EHM would require getting up earlier than we're up for school, and that's just not happening on vacation!

My 90 day mark is the 7th of June, so like everyone else in the thread, I'm crossing my fingers that there aren't any glitches like there were with August.

I've done my rough itinerary using TGM's information from last September and the last week of August of this year. Too much guessing for this control freak!

The choice of Disney to make cut back on the Fantasmic shows really does toss a wrench into a lot of plans though- the only day we'll be able to visit DHS is on a Fantasmic day, so it will be crowded regardless of whether or not we go to the show.

Ugh.. I wish I was going tomorrow instead of three and a half months from now!!

My 90 day mark is the 7th of June, so like everyone else in the thread, I'm crossing my fingers that there aren't any glitches like there were with August.

I've done my rough itinerary using TGM's information from last September and the last week of August of this year. Too much guessing for this control freak!

The choice of Disney to make cut back on the Fantasmic shows really does toss a wrench into a lot of plans though- the only day we'll be able to visit DHS is on a Fantasmic day, so it will be crowded regardless of whether or not we go to the show.

totally off topic, but I just noticed your ticker and we arrive the day after you! Actually, we're thinking of getting there Saturday instead - we're driving, so we'd just have to push it a bit. Where are you staying?

I agree about DHS - I'd love to see Fantasmic! again, as we've only done it once, but the thought of the crowds is scaring me away. Although, if everyone's right about Sept (especially Labor Day week), maybe it won't be that crowded after all.

we just recently (2wks ago) decided that we were going to Disney in September. And already I'm spazzing about not knowing what the park hours are yet! I can't imagine how you early planners are feeling!

A question about ADRs.... if we're staying Sept 13-20th can we make ALL of our reservations 90 days out? Or just for Sept 13th, and the next day for Sept 14th, and the next day for Sept 15th... etc?

we just recently (2wks ago) decided that we were going to Disney in September. And already I'm spazzing about not knowing what the park hours are yet! I can't imagine how you early planners are feeling!

A question about ADRs.... if we're staying Sept 13-20th can we make ALL of our reservations 90 days out? Or just for Sept 13th, and the next day for Sept 14th, and the next day for Sept 15th... etc?

You can make you reservation 90 from your check in date for the next 10 days.
So you don't have to call every day :)
hope that helps

You can make you reservation 90 from your check in date for the next 10 days.
So you don't have to call every day :)
hope that helps

Are you serious? This makes me nervous. I think Ide rather call every day. This just means everyone 10 days behind us will have already hit their 90 day mark and booked their ADRs of choice for that week.

grrrrr. Im already stressing and now Im going to stress even more. Last year I was only able to get 'Ohana at 9pm, didnt end up getting seated till almost 10. IT. was. horrible!!!

Im having flashbacks :scared1:

I'm right there with you. I can't seem to work around doing DHS on a Sunday, which will probably be a Fantasmic day. We won't be going, but don't want the crowds either. But we'll be doing MNSSHP twice that week, so it limits how early we can get anywhere the next day. I don't want DHS to be a late start or we'll have trouble with TSMM. So I guess we'll just have to live with the Fantasmic crowds....

I know Im "double posting" but I had no clue that for the last 4 years (minus last year) you were able to book up to 10 days at the start of the 90 day point.

I guess I should start praying to the Disney Gods that I get my ADRs.. especially HDR, this is the first time we are seeing this and its what my Mom is looking forward to the most. and also Ohana is my favorite.

Ugggh... I wonder how hard it will be to get these at decent meal times if I call first thing in the morning 90 days out? :confused3

Thoughts?
This is the nightmare I am dealing with right now. This is our first trip so I am pretty much clueless on planning. Right now I have a few days that avoid EMH and a few that I will be there no matter what day it is. I am just not sure how else to plan.

I've used TGM's hours and advice from last year to come up with a basic plan. I'm really hoping that it wont change too much but have tried to make it as interchangeable as possible. We also want to avoid DHS on a Fantasmic day during our first week and want to fit in Spectromagic.

Less then two weeks until the hours for Sept "should" be posted.....dont know if I'll make it. :hyper:

:bored:

Thoughts?

We were there about the same time last year Sept 24-28, 2008 and that's pretty much how I remember the crowd situation. Light in parks during the day, but EMH super crowded, especially EPCOT. You and my DH were probably in the same line for Soarin', I think I waited almost an hour for him to get back to me and DS. :confused3

This year we're going about a week earlier, don't know if that will make a difference or not?! First time on DDP for FD, so now I not only have the stress of which parks which day, but which ADRs which day?!?!? :eek: oh well, at least we'll be in WDW :yay:

I'm hoping that hours and EMH will pretty much stick to last year's schedule, so planning accordingly, for now. Probably do EMH - PM at MK only though, skip EPCOT PMs. And the plan is to open as many parks as possible...never made a single rope drop yet, but there's always hope :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter